Millinneum Post the good and the bad

Spanky My

We loved our cruise on the Millennium last spring. So much so, that we have booked the same itinerary, and same stateroom on the Millie this coming winter.

We were in 9033, and we loved being able to scoot up to the Aquaspa café. Also loved that we had virtually no traffic by our door since that is a dead end hallway.

I'm not a show person, so can't comment on that. Service in the MDR was excellent, esp. for hubby who has a gluten-free diet.

The ONLY complaint I had was that the bar on the aft is smoking (I know, I know, it's one of the only places it's allowed). It would have been nice to do one sailaway from there and not have to inhale smoke.

The ONLY complaint I had was that the bar on the aft is smoking (I know, I know, it's one of the only places it's allowed). It would have been nice to do one sailaway from there and not have to inhale smoke.

Smoking was only on the Port side. We had our sailaway back aft on Millinneum last month and had a great crew. There was a very large section that was not smoking.

The good: Breakfast in the morning on the Aft.

The Bad: The wall mounted hair dryers. :mad: That thing is a Medieval torture device.

I know they had that wall mounted torture device, but in addition, at least in CC, they had a hand held one. It was either by the desk area or a drawer in the bathroom.

We have sailed on 2 Alaska cruises on the Millenium and have another booked for May of 2011. Here is what we love about that ship:

entertainment in the main theatre

music in the various lounges

Music that is geared to our age group - 60+

The Piano bar in Michaels

The food and service in the Olympic and also in the MDR

The ice cream bar

the T Pool

The sky suite with the butler service

I cant think o any negative aspects of a cruise on the Millie

Sorry to say this wasn't our favourite ship.....

On the negative side, ship's decor was a bit dowdy (though not run-down), Aquaspa area was not very attractive. Staff on the front desk were unhelpful and surly when we had a problem. There was a virus outbreak on the sailing previous to ours which meant we weren't allowed to serve ourselves in the buffet for the first few days, which meant long queues, especially for drinks. This was unavoidable though.

On the postive side, food was excellent, stateroom was very comfortable. Service was generally good, though not as friendly as on other ships we have used. I don't think the grey Alaskan weather helped the mood!

It wouldn't be our first choice in the future, but we wouldn't avoid it either if the itinerary and price were right...

We sailed on the Millie twice this year. Once on the 14 night Ultimate Alaska in May, and once on the fall Wine Cruise. We were really happy with the ship both times. The highlight was the outstanding service provided by the senior officers, staff, and crew during the Wine cruise. I injured my hip on the second day and could not walk more than a few steps. Everyone from the senior officers, to individual crew members bent over backwards to help me get around in a wheelchair and otherwise enjoy the cruise despite my injury. Two folks deserve special kudos: Philip Holmes, the Guest Relations Manager, who responded with blinding speed to a suggestion to recognize shareholders on the cruise and Andrew Harris, Hotel Director, who personally went to find a wheelchair that would fit in an excursion bus when the one I was using would not fit.

Millie is a great ship...lots of style...not a hugs amount of tacky glitz. Enjoyed the last cruise on her and am looking forward to my next one on her in January. I like all Celebrity ships. My favorite is Century, Millie is a close 2nd.

We sailed on the Millie in February this year on a Southern Caribbean itinerary.

It was our first cruise so have little to compare it to but some observations, nearly all good :):

• Loved breakfast in our suite (especially the waffles).
  • Super suite. We treated ourselves to a Sky suite as the cruise was also our honeymoon.
  • Sailaways at the Mast aft bar - including heart attack moment when an inbound 737 tried to land on the top deck during its approach to Aruba.
  • Meeting some great people from CC.
  • Reidel glassware tasting.
  • Great crew offering first class service.
  • Select dining.

The bad - Noro virus :mad:. People were going down with it from day 1 but in fairness, the crew handled it very well. Excellent communication and plenty of hand sanitisers. Thankfully my DW and I escaped and it seemed only a 24 hour thing for those poor people who did contract the virus.

Archived