what one or two fun items do you always bring on your cruise?

REALgetaway

On the Dream in August we took Billy. I was cruising with my DD and her two DD. So we were four women, three generations without a man;). We picked Billy because he doesn't drink, lets us spend all the money we want and never complains when we want to go shopping. Here's his picture....

1291841656_Dream2010054.jpg.9463f94aa045fd3919e419eda829df44.jpg

Yes thanks.. and the poster who's kids brought bubbles.. great idea.. although at 47 yrs old.. i might be a bit over age for bubbles. lol

You are not to old...

on our Dream cruise, we brought 100 bottles, one for everyone in our CC Group. (age 7 to 77)

Bubbles everywhere, it was great!

ok.. we all know how to pack and what to bring and what not to bring..

but is there one or two FUN items you bring with you on every cruise regardless?

I am looking for suggestions on some thing small that will make the trip a little more special.

:)

We always bring binoculars and large drinking cups. That way fewer trips to the fountain area as their cups are small. Both come in very handy!

I found some battery operated candles that are in chinese lanterns, so I bring them and hang them around the cabin. I've yet to make it to a sail away party on the Lido(we did our own Roll call party on the Legend, and I was at a wedding reception on the Sensation) but the bubbles(I'm 56 and act really young) sound like a great idea! We do bubbles at work alot to cheer ourselves up.

Oh, I bring a book, something that I want to read I haven't had a chance to.:eek:

Carnival provides so much entertainment through out the days, that except for adding stuff for the cabin (and it's all silly) the days and nights are taken care of. I did make a sign for our cabin door last time, a jar of honey and a moon,:D

and I will make another one for this trip, just don't know what yet.

flameless candle

gifts from dollar store for steward and MDR staff (in addition to the portfolio tips)

lots of handiwipes!

What kind of gifts do you give to the steward and MDR staff. I would love to do something more than a just a tip when receiving great service

Thanks !!

ok.. i need to put more thought into this then... it didn't even cross my mind that we might need some travel games while laying on the deck sunning ourselves.. and music in the cabin too.

Sheesh, i might need two more suitcases just to carry everything now. :p

DH needs a whole separate "toy bag" for all the electronics he brings: iPad, GPS, FRS radios, ham radio, camera, video camera, flashlight, chargers & power strip, extra batteries, SMS cards, & I'm sure there's all kinds of other cool stuff that would lose it's guy-allure if you told a girl (your wife) about it.

I'm responsible for packing his socks & underwear, & he's responsible for the Toy Bag. My Cruise Packing List actually lists "Toy Bag" as one of the sections.

flameless candle

gifts from dollar store for steward and MDR staff (in addition to the portfolio tips)

lots of handiwipes!

bk in '67..it just took the disease 2 yrs to manifest in me. I have found NO cure for this malady in all my cruzin years..but then..I ain't lookin! love the batt tea lites from Dollar Tree

The most FUN item I bring is my wife! Oh, sorry, she isn't an item, is she, but I would not have fun at all without her! Miss her so much her in Iraq! Can't wait to go on our "second" honeymoon cruise when I get home.

New one for me....I'm bringing my "Griffen". It's an amplifier for Iphones & Ipods. No plug of any kind required, it just "amplifies" your phone or Ipod by at least 10 decibels. I keep it in my office to listen to podcasts and will be bringing it to listen to music in our cabin. Bought it at the Apple store for under $20.:D New toy! :)

Archived