poll... e-cigs & where they should be allowed

newcatintown

e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?

• Yes, allow e-cigs in all venues
    • No, keep them in 'smoking' areas only
    • Other?

Yep, I see it, and I'm willing to step right into it with both feet.

E-cigs - should they be allowed throughout the ship or confined to the 'smoking' areas? They are helping people quit, and cause no harm to those around them. It is not 'smoke' you see, but vapor.

Thoughts?

I'm fine with e-cigs almost everywherre -- but I would prefer them not in the MDR or Buffet area. I know I sound uptight, but I just wouldn't like the sight of it. (By the way, my entire family are smokers, and I'm fine with it, it's just my opinion about the MDR and such :] )

I'm fine with e-cigs almost everywherre -- but I would prefer them not in the MDR or Buffet area. I know I sound uptight, but I just wouldn't like the sight of it. (By the way, my entire family are smokers, and I'm fine with it, it's just my opinion about the MDR and such :] )

Good point. We've all pretty much got used to not smoking in dining rooms, so that wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

For those that are unfamiliar or need more info to be able to give an honest vote, just search for the e-cigarette forum. There's alot of info on how it works.

I see alot of people voting against it, maybe some of you are absolutely against them. It's just a poll, but some of you may not really know what they are and what they do.

For those that are unfamiliar or need more info to be able to give an honest vote, just search for the e-cigarette forum. There's alot of info on how it works.

I see alot of people voting against it, maybe some of you are absolutely against them. It's just a poll, but some of you may not really know what they are and what they do.

Thank you :cool:

Gotta love this. It should be held to smoking only, when it is not smoking. OK. Someone is making an effort to not impact your vacation - something people are very vocal about - but are unwilling to compromise at all? And yet make no effort to express WHY they feel this way. True colors, and all.

I think they could be allowed just about everywhere..

not in Camp Carnival I guess

maybe not in the buffet and/or MDR cause just might cause too much problem

I think they would be great on deck, in all the bars, on planes, etc

some people like to carry a black or "blue" or "pink" tip e-cig so that they do not look as much like a regular cig and then others understand

I sure would rather a piano bar of vaping than smoke smoke hazy smoke and smell

also smokers>> just think , you will smell so much better

your hair, your clothes, your breath

so much better !!

I have no problem with e cigarettes. Smoking is actually a habit rather than an addiction. People smoke while drinking, after they eat etc. out of habit. That's why it is frequently recommended that smokers find a substitute like lolipops, This certainly fits the bill. The reality all you exhale is water vapor and those who object do so for no real legitimate reason.

I am a smoker, who recently got a e-cig. :rolleyes: Still I believe they should not be allowed in the MDR or the buffet and could be restricted to the balcony of the great halls.

Not a good example for kids in a restricted environment. :o

I am a smoker, who recently got a e-cig. :rolleyes: Still I believe they should not be allowed in the MDR or the buffet and could be restricted to the balcony of the great halls.

Bare with me here...

I smoke. A couple of puffs with the e-cigs in the MDR or shows would not even be noticed. No smoke, no smell, no residue. You would have to be focused on me to even notice.

And I disagree on the 'not a good example for kids'. It is a good example to show tolerance for crap that just doen't matter. What is being done wrong? People being tolerant?

I voted that they should be allowed in all venues but I agree with you that I don't want to see them in the MDR.

I did vote that it doesn't matter where to smoke the E-cigs...but you do have a point.

Although, that may be the time to have the 'discussion' with your kids about why they shouldn't start.

As for me, I think it's great that these are available. I hope it makes it easier for people who are trying to quit and for me, I wouldn't mind one bit if they were allowed all over the ship.

Anything to benefit someone else's health should not be restricted if it does not impact others negatively.

jmo.

:) I wish you luck (I am assuming you are trying to quit :confused:?)

I really wrestle with this one.

On one hand there is no health or safety reason to separate e-cig users out and relegating them to the smoking areas seems cruel when they are using e-cigs to preserve their own health and the health of others. Seriously! No one who is trying to preserve their health should be exposed to the second hand smoke of smokers. E-cig users are *not* smokers any more than nicotine patch users are smokers or nicotine gum users are smokers.

But, I don't want kids to see an e-cig and think "that's cool" or believe that e-cigs offer all the benefits of smoking without the risks or stigma of smoking. But those are my personal feelings only.

When push,comes to shove on the e-cig issue, if I had the authority and responsibility to make the official rule, I would have to say you can cary and use e-cigs anywhere you can chew nicotine gum or wear a nicotine patch. I may not like how "it looks" but it's not what it appears to be.

I am not a smoker and I have kids. I voted for allowing it everywhere. I actually think it would be a good example for the kids to see people actively trying to kick the smoking habit and/or being considerate of their fellow cruisers by not exposing them to 2nd hand smoke. I think this would be a great solution to the 2nd hand smoke issue.

I voted yes, but see no point in e cigs. Either smoke or quit.

The point is that there are many many many places that we can't smoke. The e-cig is the answer to that. "Vape" them anywhere. It is a win win. UNTIL...the whiners start in.

Thats how the country ended up in the toilet. People voting with absolutely no education in the topics they are voting on.

I'm not trying to be an example to someone elses children. I have two adult children...neither smoke or do drugs. I think I was a good example to my own. And I am a smoker.

There is no need to limit the e-cig's use for any reason. They don't have a smell, no second hand danger, no fire danger.

The point is that there are many many many places that we can't smoke. The e-cig is the answer to that. "Vape" them anywhere. It is a win win. UNTIL...the whiners start in.

Thats how the country ended up in the toilet. People voting with absolutely no education in the topics they are voting on.

I'm not trying to be an example to someone elses children. I have two adult children...neither smoke or do drugs. I think I was a good example to my own. And I am a smoker.

There is no need to limit the e-cig's use for any reason. They don't have a smell, no second hand danger, no fire danger.

Great answers Janet! All three of them. So, some of you want to hide an E-cig from the kids in the MDR? Would you keep the kids off of the Lido deck also, where all the real smoking is going on? Should coffee and tea be banned in the MDR because they contain caffeine? And soft drinks for the kids (sugar and caffeine, both).

I say let them have e-cigs anywhere. They're not real cigarettes, they don't stink and you won't be risking second hand smoke from them. The hospital I work in now, we have one patient that has been in the hospital for some time, and the nicotine patches weren't working. So he got an e-cig and can be found wandering the halls puffing on his e-cig and is much happier and calmer.

I just got an e- cig. I have now been smoke free for 4 day's. I can tell you how much my family is enjoying a smoke free house. I have vaped at the Homecoming game last night and no one saw, smelled anything. First time in 6 years I watched a whole football game and didn't have to go to my car

I just got an e- cig. I have now been smoke free for 4 day's. I can tell you how much my family is enjoying a smoke free house. I have vaped at the Homecoming game last night and no one saw, smelled anything. First time in 6 years I watched a whole football game and didn't have to go to my car

what did you buy? I am so seriously looking

I have no problem with e cigarettes. Smoking is actually a habit rather than an addiction. People smoke while drinking, after they eat etc. out of habit. That's why it is frequently recommended that smokers find a substitute like lolipops, This certainly fits the bill. The reality all you exhale is water vapor and those who object do so for no real legitimate reason.

Being an ex smoker and knowing how hard it is to quit, it is not "Rather" it is "a Habit, In addition to an Addiction."

I have not seen an e-cig yet, but I am sure I will soon enough.

And anything that will help someone who is trying to quit is a GOOD thing.

Maybe one day when they become more common, people will get on board with the whole Idea of the E-Cig.

Here is where I am coming from, just the sight of a Cigerette, leads a smoker to want one. (Coming for my memory here)

So having the e-cigs in the MDR or the Theater, is going to stress out the smoker,

that is trying to control that urge, for an hour or two, as to please the family and friends they are cruising with.

As a smoker, Ex...I can tell you, those things (real smokes) play havoc on your body when you quit...

So maybe a bit of tolorence from all sides is the key here.

Janet, do those e-cigs have a bit of nicotine in them, that gets you over that hump?

Just wondering, I may have to Google it,

I was thinking about getting Jerm one of those babies, to help him over any long drawn out flight...

I just got my e-cig a couple weeks ago after reading about them here on CC. I bought a Joye 510 and it's awesome! 2 pack a day smoker for 36 years and haven't had a cigarette since my e-cig arrived. You can order all different nicotine levels including no nicotine. So it's easy to step-down through the addiction and withdrawl. Plus there are flavors, so many, it may even be a diet aid for me to ward off sweet tooth cravings!

Yes, e-cigs should be allowed anywhere. It's just like the mist that comes off a vaporizer, all water vapor, no ash, no smell, no butts laying around.

Archived