newcatintown

e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?

• Yes, allow e-cigs in all venues
    • No, keep them in 'smoking' areas only
    • Other?

I really wrestle with this one.

On one hand there is no health or safety reason to separate e-cig users out and relegating them to the smoking areas seems cruel when they are using e-cigs to preserve their own health and the health of others. Seriously! No one who is trying to preserve their health should be exposed to the second hand smoke of smokers. E-cig users are *not* smokers any more than nicotine patch users are smokers or nicotine gum users are smokers.

But, I don't want kids to see an e-cig and think "that's cool" or believe that e-cigs offer all the benefits of smoking without the risks or stigma of smoking. But those are my personal feelings only.

When push,comes to shove on the e-cig issue, if I had the authority and responsibility to make the official rule, I would have to say you can cary and use e-cigs anywhere you can chew nicotine gum or wear a nicotine patch. I may not like how "it looks" but it's not what it appears to be.

I agree with all of this !

I am a non-smoker, HATE the smell of smoke but I think the e-cig is genius ! Smokers can enjoy their 'fix' and we can all enjoy clean air. Why send vapers to the "smoky" part of the ship when that's what they're trying to stop in the 1st place... Maybe the MDR could be avoided but otherwise - vape 'em if you got 'em !

(honestly, I'm a little jealous of the e-cig. I wanna try one without the nicotine for the cool flavours !)

I voted yes, but see no point in e cigs. Either smoke or quit.
easier said than done :(

My son who is a smoker says its easy to quit. So easy he has quit smoking about 10 times in the past year:D

Now back to the real question about E cigs, to be honest I don't know anything about them, I have read on these boards that there is no smoke and its just vaper and there is no harm to a second party. If this true then how can that be a bad thing.

I am a smoker, who recently got a e-cig. :rolleyes: Still I believe they should not be allowed in the MDR or the buffet and could be restricted to the balcony of the great halls.

Not a good example for kids in a restricted environment. :o

I really am confused about all the brands and options of the E-Cig, what did you purchase ?? I have looked at quite a few sites and would like some feedback on what others are using.

Gotta love this. It should be held to smoking only, when it is not smoking. OK. Someone is making an effort to not impact your vacation - something people are very vocal about - but are unwilling to compromise at all? And yet make no effort to express WHY they feel this way. True colors, and all.

Well said!

The E-cigg is not smoking, so therefore it should be allowed in all venues except the dining room and buffet.

If you think this is gonna hurt you, then you have a more serious problem than smoking! :rolleyes:

Why is that?

It is not smoke...puts out no foul odor....and is not harmful to anyone

I just got an e- cig. I have now been smoke free for 4 day's. I can tell you how much my family is enjoying a smoke free house. I have vaped at the Homecoming game last night and no one saw, smelled anything. First time in 6 years I watched a whole football game and didn't have to go to my car

That's awesome. I'm happy for you :)

Why is that?

It is not smoke...puts out no foul odor....and is not harmful to anyone

What's the problem?

Is that not what I said?

The E-cigg is not smoking, it produces no smoke, there are no burning issues at all. Therefore it is not classified as smoking.

What's the problem?

Is that not what I said?

The E-cigg is not smoking, it produces no smoke, there are no burning issues at all. Therefore it is not classified as smoking.

You said this:

Originally Posted by tikimon viewpost.gif

The E-cigg is not smoking, so therefore it should be allowed in all venues except the dining room and buffet

And, he's asking why you object to it being used in the MDR and buffet if there is no smoke, no burning and it's not a cigarette.

I just got my e-cig a couple weeks ago after reading about them here on CC. I bought a Joye 510 and it's awesome! 2 pack a day smoker for 36 years and haven't had a cigarette since my e-cig arrived. You can order all different nicotine levels including no nicotine. So it's easy to step-down through the addiction and withdrawl. Plus there are flavors, so many, it may even be a diet aid for me to ward off sweet tooth cravings!

Yes, e-cigs should be allowed anywhere. It's just like the mist that comes off a vaporizer, all water vapor, no ash, no smell, no butts laying around.

I do not smoke, never have. But I was also thinking of getting one as a diet aid.

As far as having them anywhere on the ship, they are not smoking so they should be allowed. But I do wonder what they will do with them between puffs and courses. Are they going to lay them on the table?

You said this:

Originally Posted by tikimon viewpost.gif

The E-cigg is not smoking, so therefore it should be allowed in all venues except the dining room and buffet

And, he's asking why you object to it being used in the MDR and buffet if there is no smoke, no burning and it's not a cigarette.

Because those areas are for eating and nothing else!

Now is that simple enough?

I do not smoke, never have. But I was also thinking of getting one as a diet aid.

As far as having them anywhere on the ship, they are not smoking so they should be allowed. But I do wonder what they will do with them between puffs and courses. Are they going to lay them on the table?

Most come with carrying cases, so they could put it in there. E-cigs don't get hot when you use them, so they could just slip it in their pocket.

All smokers enjoy a cigarette (nicotine) after their meal, just the same way a lot of people enjoy a cup of coffee (caffeine) after their meal. Why can't some people enjoy their nicotine while others enjoy their caffeine? Afterall, it doesn't bother anyone else. It's NOT a cigarette. And, drinking coffee isn't eating.

Says who? Says you? I believe those areas are for eating, socializing, relaxing, enjoying good food and drink, etc.

I'm a non smoker and would have no problem with e-cigs in the MDR or anywhere else. I don't see how an e-cig would impact anyone in any possible way at all.

Says who? Says you? I believe those areas are for eating, socializing, relaxing, enjoying good food and drink, etc.

I'm a non smoker and would have no problem with e-cigs in the MDR or anywhere else. I don't see how an e-cig would impact anyone in any possible way at all.

Yea Says ME............:D

No the Dining room and buffet are for eating a meal.

The lounges, clubs and bars are for enjoying a good drink, socializing.

Your cabin, balcony, Lido pool decks are for relaxing.

I could care less if you used an E-cigg in the Dining room.

But I don't feel the need to do it.

Let's see....some don't want kids to think it's cool to use the e-cig because it looks like the real thing.

Well then maybe we should shut down the beer drinking too. And what about the buffet line when all the food gets piled onto plates of overweight people...we can't have that...bad example.

Oh oh...what's all that black smoke spewing out of the funnel...hide hide!

Geez Louise.

No the Dining room and buffet are for eating a meal.

The lounges, clubs and bars are for enjoying a good drink, socializing.

Your cabin, balcony, Lido pool decks are for relaxing.

I could care less if you used an E-cigg in the Dining room.

But I don't feel the need to do it.

Nope, lots of eating, drinking, relaxing, and socializing going on in the MDR.

I don't smoke or use e-cigs. I do think they are a fantastic invention.

It's uninformed people who make decisions for all of us. Not all e-cigs look like anolog cigs. The extra parts I ordered will make mine pink. I know there are no pink cig. Mine doesn't even light up on the end to show I have vaped

I got me a "fatty", lol. I have the joye 510 standard black. I wanted the EGO, but it's a little pricy, so knowing the parts are interchangeable, I bought the USB EGO battery. It sits at my pc while at home, and I have a lighter adapter for the car. Unplug and puff away anywhere else.

I was going to do a nice color, but for the sake of pricing and keeping the same vendor, I stayed with the black. I started with a white with brown filter end, but I got over that real quick.

The only thing I see wrong with the dining areas, and wrong is really not the right word, is smokers seeing us with our ecigs will crave a cigarette even more. Now if the cruiseline got on the bandwagon and sold them, there may be alot of converts.

The only thing I see wrong with the dining areas, and wrong is really not the right word, is smokers seeing us with our ecigs will crave a cigarette even more. Now if the cruiseline got on the bandwagon and sold them, there may be alot of converts.

So, if we want to order cheesecake or melting cake for dessert, should we not do it because someone at or near our table is on a diet and we will be tempting them?

Not trying to be mean here, but, what's this world coming to? It seems you can't do or say anything anymore without offending someone. I'm glad you're using the e-cig, congrats!

I voted to allow in all venues.

It is not a cigarette

No Fire, No Flame, No Ashes, No Smell

Vaping is not Smoking!

But your right, those un-informed decision makers of the Righteous Flock keep trying to do their dirty deeds and control others.

But I think they are going to find this a major challenge as the vapors feel downright righteous too and will push for the uneducated to get themselves educated and soon.

Archived