poll... e-cigs & where they should be allowed

newcatintown

e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?

• Yes, allow e-cigs in all venues
    • No, keep them in 'smoking' areas only
    • Other?

Wow, it almost feels like I'm on that e-cig forum.

I've seen airlines mentioned. Depends on the carrier and the crew. If you are going to ask, do not use the word cigarette, as you've seen how this thread started off. USE PV and explain what it is. If you want to do it on the sly, buy a battery with no light at the tip. Back in March, at the airport, I didn't do it out in the general public, but I went into the restrooms when I had the urge. On the way home, it was dark on the plane, so I put the light part in my sleeve and did it.

I see supplier's names are being thrown around now, lol. I use litecigusa, he's in the forum too. I'd say pick the one closest to you when relying on the mail system. Also I've made an order from Michigan to Jersey and they were just as quick.

I voted all E cigs everywhere....

that is what they were designed for.

I have two friends that use them on all their Carnival cruises.

I am VERY sensitive and I have literally sat between them with no affect!!!!!

I think Carnival should sell them at the bars at a reduced rate.

They could save smokers money and make Carnival money.

I saw the David Letterman show that had them on there...

Almost. I'm waiting for y'all to start talking carts, cartomizers, attys, bats, pass-throughs, and juice.

Here, how's this. I'm posting this from work now. I'm the only one in the room, so guess what I'm doing? I have my ego usb plugged in with a 510 cartomizer. Popped it open and poured some of the honey juice in it. I'm just vaping away when the coast is clear. Just checked my order. When I get home, I have 3 10mg bottles and 2 boxes of cartomizers waiting for me. I ordered them Friday night, not bad considering the post office was closed yesterday. Litcigusa Rocks, lol. Did I pass the test?

Here, how's this. I'm posting this from work now. I'm the only one in the room, so guess what I'm doing? I have my ego usb plugged in with a 510 cartomizer. Popped it open and poured some of the honey juice in it. I'm just vaping away when the coast is clear. Just checked my order. When I get home, I have 3 10mg bottles and 2 boxes of cartomizers waiting for me. I ordered them Friday night, not bad considering the post office was closed yesterday. Litcigusa Rocks, lol. Did I pass the test?

Works for me. I just ordered a new 510 starter after my DS808 and 4081 attys crapped out on me and my M401 Phoenix bat went dead from lack of use. I have a good stock of VG juice sitting at home unused (none of that PG crap, scrapes my throat) including a nice raspberry that produced huge, lovely crowds of vape. I have almost a full pack of analogs left though, they should hold until Litcig comes through. I used to order through AquaVapor, but I've been blowing their attys out like candles.

Works for me. I just ordered a new 510 starter after my DS808 and 4081 attys crapped out on me and my M401 Phoenix bat went dead from lack of use. I have a good stock of VG juice sitting at home unused (none of that PG crap, scrapes my throat) including a nice raspberry that produced huge, lovely crowds of vape. I have almost a full pack of analogs left though, they should hold until Litcig comes through. I used to order through AquaVapor, but I've been blowing their attys out like candles.

How long can one expect an atty to last? How many should one have for backup? With an equal amount of bats? Thanks.

How long can one expect an atty to last? How many should one have for backup? With an equal amount of bats? Thanks.

I usually get a good month or two out of an atty, have only killed one bat (and that was due to a lack of use). Beware trying to clean your attys. There are a lot of different methods out there, but I've found none of them work and it's not worth killing a potential Lazarus atty with Efferdent of Crest Total Clean. Keep 'em in use and keep 'em wet to keep them from burning out. I try to keep two attys per bat, and be prepared to re-order as necessary.

I usually get a good month or two out of an atty, have only killed one bat (and that was due to a lack of use). Beware trying to clean your attys. There are a lot of different methods out there, but I've found none of them work and it's not worth killing a potential Lazarus atty with Efferdent of Crest Total Clean. Keep 'em in use and keep 'em wet to keep them from burning out. I try to keep two attys per bat, and be prepared to re-order as necessary.

Thanks :D I should have it in my hot little hands by Thursday. I've also been taking notes on all the sites mentioned for future reference. Ya'll have been a great help to me, and I appreciate it :cool:

Former smoker and present vaper here. I smoked for 30 years and can't count how many times I tried to quit- cold turkey, the patch, nicotine gum, Chantix, Nicotrol inhalers- you name it, I gave it a whirl with no success. Tried an e cig a couple years ago but it was a piece of junk (much like the ones they sell at the mall now).

In July DH and I both got Magmas and quit the analogs. I went to an Ego in fairly short order and don't even have the desire for an analog anymore. DH backslid, so I got him an Ego recently in the hopes that he will leave analogs behind for good.

Litecigusa indeed rocks for hardware, and Strictly Ejuice has awesome prices on liquid.

Health, happiness and cruising to all! :p

Anyplace an asthma atomizer is allowed.

Granted, the MDR may be too large a step at first, but eventually even there it should be allowed.

You watch, if this really catches on, the government will step in and either ABOLISH it (protect tobacco growers and merchandisers) or TAX the living poop out of it. They won't give up their TAX REVENUES from tobacco products easily.

Now, if we just had one of these devices for fat people, people with body odor, or politically stupid people. We cold save the REPUBLIC. :D

Anyplace an asthma atomizer is allowed.

Granted, the MDR may be too large a step at first, but eventually even there it should be allowed.

You watch, if this really catches on, the government will step in and either ABOLISH it (protect tobacco growers and merchandisers) or TAX the living poop out of it. They won't give up their TAX REVENUES from tobacco products easily.

Now, if we just had one of these devices for fat people, people with body odor, or politically stupid people. We cold save the REPUBLIC. :D

Hopefully by the time the government does what they're going to do, I'll be on no-nic and can make my own juice. So HA to them:D

Not going to go there on the other :eek:

Could you please repeat this in English?:p

No, never mind. Just reminded me of that scene in Good Morning, Vietnam.

"Adrian Cronauer: Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P. "

:D:D

You know I was thinking about that the other day (vaping on a plane) - the easy way around this is just to go to the washroom. The smoke detector won't detect anything cause it's not smoke, the flight attendants won't have a hissy fit cause they haven't received any info on whether it's allowed or not yet, other pax won't give you dirty looks. I know it's not the best option (vaping in the lav) but still better than nothing - until it becomes more socially acceptable.

I see a hit song coming on, "Vaping in the Boys Room . . . . "

No one is doubting that nicotine is addictive. StevieG is right in saying that the habit of smoking is just as hard to give up as the nicotine in the cigs. That has always been my biggest problem with quitting, the nicotine cravings don't get to me, its the hand to mouth habit that is hard to break. This is why I am going to give the e-cig a chance.

That's the TACTILE part of your habit (opening a pack, taking out a cig, tamping it, lighting it, taking drags from it, rolling it around in your fingers, tapping the ashes off, etc.)

When the other quitting methods fail this is frequently why.

That's the TACTILE part of your habit (opening a pack, taking out a cig, tamping it, lighting it, taking drags from it, rolling it around in your fingers, tapping the ashes off, etc.)

When the other quitting methods fail this is frequently why.

That has definately been my downfall....

That has definately been my downfall....

ditto. At my job, I sit in front of the computer alot during my shift. While I sit there, I smoke like a freight train, not because I am craving a smoke, just because that's the habit I am in. Same 1st thing in the morning, wake up and grab a cig 1st thing.

I am going to order my e-cig this Friday. I really hope it helps me out, I am so tired of my lungs sounding like crap.

Chantix scares me, really, it does. Those I know that have used it have had the weird dreams, and suicidal thoughts. I'd rather smoke.

Chantix is an EVIL drug! Any drug that messes with the receptors in your brain is bad news and I'm with you....I'd rather smoke than take that little pill.

I took it for about 4-5 months and went absolutely bonkers. It was during a bad time when my mother was dying and I didn't realize that my problem was the drug until people started trying to convince me. I was crazy depressed on that stuff and returned to normal (well :rolleyes:) shortly after stopping it. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!

I was on the fence about vaping but you guys pushed me over to the other side. I ordered a starter kit tonight. Now...can't wait to learn more and get it in and try it out. Thanks for all the info!!

Not trying to sound like a salesperson here (even though I have become a distributor for e-cigs).

But anyone who has smoked cigarettes and has tried to quit, needs to give e-cigs a shot. no matter which brand or type you select.

If you are thinking of the costs, look at how much we spend on a pack of smokes. Depending on where you are at, you pay upwards of $7 - $9 for a pack per day or more.

Just be sure to do some research before you run out and buy something, and also be sure to find a place that you can use as a support line. There are many forums and chat areas that act just like support groups.

I found just a website and think that is why it helped me stay off tobacco as it acts just like a support group too.

Good Luck quitting Tobacco, it can be done!

Archived