poll... e-cigs & where they should be allowed

newcatintown

e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?  

467 members have voted

1. 1. e-cigs... yes, no, otherwise?

• Yes, allow e-cigs in all venues
    • No, keep them in 'smoking' areas only
    • Other?

Litecigusa indeed rocks for hardware, and Strictly Ejuice has awesome prices on liquid.

Health, happiness and cruising to all! :p

Check out DIY Flavor Shack. Their smoke juice is fantastic. They have a blueberry muffin that is just incredible. Though I'm still looking for a decent Camel Light equivalent. Closest I've come is AquaVapor's regular tobacco flavor.

Check out DIY Flavor Shack. Their smoke juice is fantastic. They have a blueberry muffin that is just incredible. Though I'm still looking for a decent Camel Light equivalent. Closest I've come is AquaVapor's regular tobacco flavor.

I smoke Camel Lights. Have you tried the Tobacco:Camel flavor on the e-cig website? If so, how was it?

I hate smoke (former smoker). I voted to allow e-cigarettes anywhere. Just want to clear up one possible misconception. . . . many people using e-cigs are not trying to give up smoking. They are still dependent upon the nicotine they are getting from the e-cigs. You can lessen the amount of nicotine you are receiving and eventually get yourself off of the habit/addiction. Several people posted (on another thread) that they have used electronic cigarettes for up to 2 years with no thoughts of giving it up.

Pubs in the UK have been closing since the smoking ban. Now you can find signs saying e-cigs welcome here- just below the no smoking signs. The one I vape with is produced in conjunction with a large English University, and is the only one manufactured fully in the UK.

Jo.

After weeks of research. I purchased an ecig from www.v2cigs.com

Because it was 2 piece battery and a cartomizer. For those who don't know a cartomizer contains the juice and atomizer. And I want both fresh each time I used one. The batteries hold the charge and one cartomizer is equal to one pack cigs. Price is very reasonable for a starter kit and you can return for full refund in 30 days no questions asked. Customer service is great and they are in Miami.

So after 40+ years of smoking I been vaping since I got the kit. Just like smoking a reg. cig. But without 4000 chemicals, no smell, no second hand smoke, no smoke breath. So now it is 2 months, I can breath, taste, and sleep soundly, and no shortness of breath.

Last year when I went to my doctor she had told me it was time to quit.

a lot of congestion in my lungs. This time I had a lot of air flow in my lungs and no congestion. She asked if I quit. I showed her the ecig and gave a demo. She was so surprised never heard of it and could not smell it. According to her the nicotine is not harmful to the body its the chemicals in cigs that kill us. She offered to write me a pres. for nicotine inhaler. I declined for now.

So now I find that I can fill the cartomizers 3 times before they die on me.

And I get the juice from Johnson creek because it is made in usa and fda inspected facility (according to their web site?).

checking fda website they really haven't formed any conclusions on this product. Well, those interested can read for themselves before trying.

I believe these should be allowed everywhere. If they omitted the mdr, show lounge, and buffet that is fine as I am use to that on a cruise ship.

What I really want is to vape in my cabin since no smell, only water vapor that disappears quickly, no stained mirrors (o'yea I tested on mine lol).

And my none smoking friends have no problem with me vaping.

I hate smoke (former smoker). I voted to allow e-cigarettes anywhere. Just want to clear up one possible misconception. . . . many people using e-cigs are not trying to give up smoking. They are still dependent upon the nicotine they are getting from the e-cigs. You can lessen the amount of nicotine you are receiving and eventually get yourself off of the habit/addiction. Several people posted (on another thread) that they have used electronic cigarettes for up to 2 years with no thoughts of giving it up.

Whether I am dependent on the nicotine or whether I just like the sensation of smoking-it really is a hand to mouth addiction with me-I have quit with patches, cold turkey, etc and just want the oral gratification, particularly at a bar or on the phone (which is a LOT of my time). I truly, truly believe that smoking in the dining room should NOT be allowed. Go outside. I do the e-cig thing a lot. But I still like my Marlboro lights on occasion. I am not planning to quit anytime soon (after smoking 45 years, who cares) but really like my e cigs for the oral gratification.

Whether I am dependent on the nicotine or whether I just like the sensation of smoking-it really is a hand to mouth addiction with me-I have quit with patches, cold turkey, etc and just want the oral gratification, particularly at a bar or on the phone (which is a LOT of my time). I truly, truly believe that smoking in the dining room should NOT be allowed. Go outside. I do the e-cig thing a lot. But I still like my Marlboro lights on occasion. I am not planning to quit anytime soon (after smoking 45 years, who cares) but really like my e cigs for the oral gratification.

Thanks for that explanation. You made me rethink my decision. . . . there really is no need to use e-cigs while other people are eating in a dining room. I didn't mention it in my previous thread, but, if people want to continue using e-cigs indefinitely, I see nothing wrong with it (but, you may want to give up the Marlboro lights. . . maybe?):confused:

I say only use them in smoking areas. Human nature comes into play when someone smokes the e-cig in a public area. Another person will see you smoking a harmless e-cig and then wonder why you can smoke and they can't, so they light up and the snowball effect happens. The real smoker wouldn't know it was not real and start puffing away. Smokers are there own worse enemies.

I say only use them in smoking areas. Human nature comes into play when someone smokes the e-cig in a public area. Another person will see you smoking a harmless e-cig and then wonder why you can smoke and they can't, so they light up and the snowball effect happens. The real smoker wouldn't know it was not real and start puffing away. Smokers are there own worse enemies.

The tips of most e-cigs glow the color blue so it is pretty obvious that it is not a real cigarette.

Perfectly valid concern here with second hand vapour, and what about second vapour from nicotine patches, just think you might be sitting next to a heavy patch user with a high body temp pumping poison into you, with silent glee and malice aforethought. Not to mention the second hand water vapour and, heaven forfend, (cover your children's eyes now) CO2!

In fact I must have passed a secret patch user in the supermarket yesterday because I woke up with a headache this morning; and there was me putting down to three scotches, a bottle of Rioja and a brandy last night. Now we know the true culprit I need a drink.

New Salt

66 year old lifelong nonsmoker

The only difference between the water vapor exhaled and the ocean air is that this vapor doesnt smell like salt and dead fish. Many folks get paranoid when they hear the word cigarette, even tho it is not. Call it what you want. Mine is an inhaler and I wonder if the folks that use one for asthma would be relegated to the smoking only area by these people? :mad:

I smoked at least a pack a day before I found e-cigs. I haven't used tobacco for the last 14 months. THESE THINGS REALLY WORK ! On my last 2 cruises I vaped everywhere except the MDR. It did not bother anyone. I highly recommend e-cigarett-forum .com do a little research. Try it you will like it

John

I saw this thread has been moved from the Carnival board, and I wanted to add something.

E-cigs are restricted to only smoking areas on Celebrity ships, via their customer relations center.

I see that being the case until some independant review board will either disprove or verify the amount of nicotine being exhaled.

I saw this thread has been moved from the Carnival board, and I wanted to add something.

E-cigs are restricted to only smoking areas on Celebrity ships, via their customer relations center.

I see that being the case until some independant review board will either disprove or verify the amount of nicotine being exhaled.

I stopped smoking in Jan and have just booked my first cruise with the money I,ve saved.

I used an inhalator, simalar to the e-cig but no vapour and you can use these anywhere including the places where e-cigs are banned, for anyone who does,nt know they are a small plastic holder about the size of half a cig and inside you insert a nicotine capsule, and here,s a little story trying to explain how hard it can be to give up.

A number of years ago here in the UK we had laboratries with Beagles(a type of dog) smoking cigs all day for research reasons and one day the Animal rights group came along and broke in and let all the dogs free, the next day all the dogs were barking at the gate wanting to come back in because they were all gasping for a cig

I just want to thank the OP so very much for this post! I stumbled across it a couple of weeks ago and read it out of curiosity. Which led me to the e-cigarette-forum which I began studying. Which led to the purchase of a Joye Ego. Which led to me not having touched an analog cigarette in 8 days now.

What's really amazing is that I couldn't even stand the smell of analogs after only a couple of days of vaping. This after more than 30 years of smoking.

To those people that are concerned about where it shouldn't be allowed, unless you see someone do it the second they do it, you wouldn't know it happened. I can do it in an elevator between floors and the person stepping in one floor from me has no idea I just took a hit. No Smell!!

I never smoked in a restaurant and couldn't care less about vaping there. But I will happily vape in my cabin on my next cruise.

Thank you OP for giving me a chance at a longer, healthier life!!

Archived