BosoxI

Originally Posted by caribill viewpost.gif

An example of a recent bad question on a survey I did:

What is your insurance co-pay for prescription drugs:

$0-$10 per prescription

$11-$20 per prescription

$21-$30 per prescription

greater than $30 per prescription

Why is this a bad question? My insurance co-pay is not a fixed $ amount, but is a percent of the prescription price. That option was not given.

Could not proceed in doing the survey until giving an answer. Don't remember which one I gave, but any answer was wrong and obviously affected the results to some (small?) degree.

This scenario is typical of most surveys I have ever looked at. (Not had the Princess online one yet) The best you get offered is a box for 'other', which is obviously a waste of time anyway as the 'other' remains unknown, therefore not considered in the data collation.

This is a horrible question! I've done quite a bit of health care research and this question will tell the end client nothing. What it should have said was: What is your average insurance co-pay for prescription drugs, then provide a numeric text box to put in your average. That then covers all possible options for people. The question as it's worded is assuming everyone has one range of co-pays, which of course is incorrect. If 1 out of 10 just put something in to move to the next question, that's a of respondents misrepresenting their data. 10%t could be a significant swing one way or another. Now, you're right, if they really wanted to do this range, they could have offered an other, but then followed it up with an open ended question to allow you to provide the co-pay.

The bad thing is about this question is that it probably wasn't the only bad question in the survey. The overall data for the survey is most likely useless and the end client won't know it until whatever business problem they are trying to solve doesn't turn out the way they expect it to.

An example of a recent bad question on a survey I did:

What is your insurance co-pay for prescription drugs:

$0-$10 per prescription

$11-$20 per prescription

$21-$30 per prescription

greater than $30 per prescription

Why is this a bad question? My insurance co-pay is not a fixed $ amount, but is a percent of the prescription price. That option was not given.

Could not proceed in doing the survey until giving an answer. Don't remember which one I gave, but any answer was wrong and obviously affected the results to some (small?) degree.

This was on a Princess post cruise survey??? :eek:

The problem that we had with the online survey is that once I had completed and submitted my survey it would not allow us to do a second survey. We had received two emails (two separate passengers) but we are both at the same email address.

Either it will only accept one survey per email address, or Princess leaves a "cookie" on the computer to only allow one survey per computer.

Since we are two separate people that had individual experiences onboard we wanted to fill out separate surveys. We each had different staff members that made our cruise more enjoyable, and we would have liked to have had a chance to express our gratitude to them by letting their employer know what a great job they did. (Oh well - at least we got to send in one survey, which is more than some people got to do.)

I had exactly the same problem.......just deleted the cookies and then was able to access the second survey.

Since we are two separate people that had individual experiences onboard we wanted to fill out separate surveys. We each had different staff members that made our cruise more enjoyable, and we would have liked to have had a chance to express our gratitude to them by letting their employer know what a great job they did. (Oh well - at least we got to send in one survey, which is more than some people got to do.)
That's a good reason for us to use more of those "You Made a Difference" cards while still on board. I've been told they have a great positive impact for the employee.

As one poster stated happened to them, when we returned from our two coastal cruises in September, I tried to answer the survey emails, and was told I already had taken the surveys. Not true. I sent an email off to customer relations telling them about it and asking for a chance to respond to a survey. No reply yet from customer relations.

However a week after the first survey email was sent to me a reminder email came to me asking me to participate, and when I eagerly clicked on the Begin Survey button, I was told again I had completed the survey!! So frustrating!

I agree they need more room for general comments, though.

As one poster stated happened to them, when we returned from our two coastal cruises in September, I tried to answer the survey emails, and was told I already had taken the surveys. Not true. I sent an email off to customer relations telling them about it and asking for a chance to respond to a survey. No reply yet from customer relations.

However a week after the first survey email was sent to me a reminder email came to me asking me to participate, and when I eagerly clicked on the Begin Survey button, I was told again I had completed the survey!! So frustrating!

I agree they need more room for general comments, though.

Well at least now I know that I'm not the only one with this same 'glitch' in the email survey.

The problem that we had with the online survey is that once I had completed and submitted my survey it would not allow us to do a second survey. We had received two emails (two separate passengers) but we are both at the same email address.

Either it will only accept one survey per email address, or Princess leaves a "cookie" on the computer to only allow one survey per computer.

We had the same problem. Would only let one of us at the same address and email address respond to this survey even though we had individual opinions to express.

A few days later received another email reminding us to fill in the online survey only to get the same error message when we tried....you've already submitted etc.

I then requested an opportunity to complete this online survey but no response from Princess. Not good enough.

If they do not listen to their passengers they will lose some of them and obviously not know why or how they can improve their product.

2happywanderers

After a great cruise on Island in August I got the survey and was very disappointed about the narrowness and brevity of the questioning.

I wrote an email to Princess about my one complaint and got a very nice letter back with copies of my letter and the response sent to the PSD on Island. The complaint was about the smoke emanating from the Cigar Bar into the atrium area and especially into Crooners. The bartender from Crooners actually entered the Cigar Bar in a full gas mask! The entire atrium broke into applause. Every time the door opens smoke rushes out. they need negative pressure in there, not positive!

I prefer the online version but agree there is surprisingly little space for general comments. I'm sure it's much easier to collate the results and not to mention saves the paper 'waste' especially from those who received paper surveys but did not fill them out.

Perhaps this will improve over time.

I got off the Crown in NY on Oct. 7 and returned to my Maryland home less than 5 hours later. Looking at email I came across my survey and filled the whole thing out in some detail. I pushed submit at about 6 hours after docking in NYC and the screen came up explaining that the survey had already closed!! 6 hours!!:mad: 2 more emails and a survey for DH which also "timed out". Way to go Princess. If you don't want my answers don't do a survey.

That's a good reason for us to use more of those "You Made a Difference" cards while still on board. I've been told they have a great positive impact for the employee.

On our last Princess in March we were told at our favorite bar they were under lots of pressure to get "You Made a Difference " cards. Much more important than it once was!

I got off the Crown in NY on Oct. 7 and returned to my Maryland home less than 5 hours later. Looking at email I came across my survey and filled the whole thing out in some detail. I pushed submit at about 6 hours after docking in NYC and the screen came up explaining that the survey had already closed!! 6 hours!!:mad: 2 more emails and a survey for DH which also "timed out". Way to go Princess. If you don't want my answers don't do a survey.

I beginning to think they really want to switch to an online survey format but still haven't worked out all the bugs. It would be so much easier to tabulate the results & read the few important comments. I guess we'll have to be patientfor a few years. ;)

I beginning to think they really want to switch to an online survey format but still haven't worked out all the bugs. It would be so much easier to tabulate the results & read the few important comments. I guess we'll have to be patientfor a few years. ;)

Hopefully it'll be sooner than that! It really is an easy fix with the right company managing the survey.

Hopefully it'll be sooner than that! It really is an easy fix with the right company managing the survey.

You would think so. In May we didn't even receive an on line survey & it's already mid Oct. Maybe on out cruise next week we'll at least get an email but I think we'll still be discussing it sometime in Jan. at the earliest.

Archived