I Need Your Opinions On the Pillows, Please!

I usually bring my own pillow when we go to our fave A/I because theirs are notoriously hard & lumpy.... how are Royal Caribbeans pillows? I'll be on the Serenade in a few short weeks and wondering if I'll need to bring one? I'm not real picky, I just need one that has some "give" to it!

I usually bring my own pillow when we go to our fave A/I because theirs are notoriously hard & lumpy.... how are Royal Caribbeans pillows? I'll be on the Serenade in a few short weeks and wondering if I'll need to bring one? I'm not real picky, I just need one that has some "give" to it!

What I do is I bring two king size pillow cases from home. Then I ask our cabin attendant for 4 feather pillows. I put two pillows in one king case and it feels just like home.

I thought the pillows were very comfy and the bedding out of this world. Much better than I am use to at home. As pointed it out though, pillows and bedding are about as subjective as food is :D You might want to bring yours in case you dont like them.

I have slept better on both of the cruises I have taken so far than I have in years on land.

I am picky about pillows, and the ones on the Serenade were wonderful when we were on her in August 2010 for a B2B.

I am also very picky about my pillows and found them very soft and comfy when I was on the Serenade a few weeks ago.

Just returned from the Majesty and the pillow(s) were terrible! They really hampered my sleep for the first couple of nights, but switched them and it was much better! I did see passengers carrying their own pillows, guess they are veteran cruisers!

I use down pillows and comforters at home, and the pillow are not as "full" as mine, but are close. I like the bed warm, and the pillows cold, so I often flip the pillows or swap one for the other at night. The comforters and pillows are soft, and comfortable. IMHO

The first night, I really missed my pillow, as I didn't have a big fluffy one. I intended to ask my Steward, (which I never saw the entire cruse) but realized there were two really fluffy pillows in the closet.

Problem solved.

Loved the bedding on the Monarch, I was very comfy. I figured out why they use the heavy-comforter-in-a-duvet. So you don't roll out of bed when its a bit choppy out.

OMG, pillows - not sure I can carry these all the way from the UK ;) This one had never crossed my mind - but now thinking about it - the people carrying pillows when we check into Disney / Universal hotels makes sense.

Guess we Scots will have to live with the RCI pillows - just hope they aren't toooooooooo Bad :p

Since the airlines started charging for baggage, I no longer bring my own pillow.

Instead, I always pack 2 pillowcases with me, and I find that helps me feel more at home when I'm sleeping, even if the pillows themselves are less than ideal.

It's also a help if I'm sunburned... nice clean cotton, softened with Downy... zzzz...

I suggest having several drinks of the day each day. After that you probably won't care how the pillows are, never mind needing one!

Usually after a day in the open sea air I fall blissfully to sleep anyway

DW usually travels everywhere with her pillow on land but did not miss it a bit on Jan 2010 B2B on Serenade.

Ive found the beds and pillows fine on all the RCI ships weve been on, but always ask for an extra pillow, and had no problems.Shame the hotels weve stayed in in Barcelona and Rome didnt use the same bedding it was like sleeping on the floor the beds were so hard ....;)

Archived