no toiletries

I forgot my own shampoo and conditioner one time and had to use what was supplied in the cabin. There was no conditioner. I hated the stuff. I have fine hair and it destroyed it. Very drying. I prefer my favorite brands and bring them with me whenever I travel. I seldom use the stuff in a hotel either. And, no, I don't think it is chinzy.

Well, with the two prescription nasal sprays, and all the other liquids I bring, my 3-1-1 bag is at its limit. So, I'm gathering from the other responses that no, there is no conditioner in the dispensers, and the junior suites don't get bottled toiletries? Do the full suites?

It is a conditioning shampoo if that helps :o it still sucks...

I think the full suites get the upgraded products as well as the Diamond and Diamond Plus cruisers. That stuff is still crappy. We always bring our own products.

###

Well, with the two prescription nasal sprays, and all the other liquids I bring, my 3-1-1 bag is at its limit. So, I'm gathering from the other responses that no, there is no conditioner in the dispensers, and the junior suites don't get bottled toiletries? Do the full suites?

Prescription medications do not need to be put in your 3-1-1 bag. They are handled separately from your other liquids.

Full suites get what RC has, but if you ask your cabin steward, they will usually get you those little bottles.

I do not like their "vitality" shampoo at all. I'll use the lotion if it's the closest thing to grab, but I much prefer my own. I don't use conditioner, so I can't comment on its quality. And I use the regular bar soap which is supplied to all cabins, and find it perfect acceptable.

I got a set of 5 toiletry items last week on Enchantment: shampoo,conditioner,shower gel,

lotion,and a personal care kit ( shower cap,q-tips,emory board ).

Diamond member though but it doesn't hurt to ask for such stuff.

It is a conditioning shampoo if that helps it still sucks...

I think the full suites get the upgraded products as well as the Diamond and Diamond Plus cruisers. That stuff is still crappy. We always bring our own products.

###

I am Diamond and have been for quite a while. That does not get me the personal care kit or even a bottle of body lotion. :D If it does, every ship I've sailed on forgot me. :rolleyes: :D

I got a set of 5 toiletry items last week on Enchantment: shampoo,conditioner,shower gel,

lotion,and a personal care kit ( shower cap,q-tips,emory board ).

Diamond member though but it doesn't hurt to ask for such stuff.

I'm a Diamond member and I never got these things. I was stuck with no-name detergent (OSFA) in the shower and a bar of soap by the sink that fell through the cracks if you had it in the shower. Ever tried to pick up a bar of soap that has fallen on the floor? If you have any "soap on a rope, " now is the time to bring it.

Tucker in Texas

I sailed in a JS a couple years ago as a diamond member and got small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, gel, and lotion in the cabin. I forgot my lotion so that was nice to have. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. My husband isn't picky about shampoo and used what was in the little bottle until it ran out. You only get the one set-up - no refills. Once we ran out of something, the cabin steward wouldn't bring another bottle. Those 1.5 oz. bottles just don't last for a 13-night cruise.

I sailed in an E1 balcony cabin in January (still a diamond member) and didn't get anything but the "shampoo" and soap.

me either. and i've stayed in the js, and gs

I am Diamond and have been for quite a while. That does not get me the personal care kit or even a bottle of body lotion. :D If it does, every ship I've sailed on forgot me. :rolleyes: :D

As mentioned before, I am Diamond and no goodies on my counter. However, I cruise with a fellow who is Diamond Plus and he gives me the stuff the leave for him. They replenish it, too. He wonders what the room steward thinks he is using the shower cap for since he is bald (lol). I love the shower caps as I use them to keep my hair away from my face when applying make-up.

Tucker in Texas

Prescription medications do not need to be put in your 3-1-1 bag. They are handled separately from your other liquids.

Really? I have a couple of bottles of prescription nasal spray that I use - and an inhaler or two also. I've always put them in my 3-1-1 bag. Do I just hand them over in another bag or something?

Really? I have a couple of bottles of prescription nasal spray that I use - and an inhaler or two also. I've always put them in my 3-1-1 bag. Do I just hand them over in another bag or something?

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint.

http://www.tsa.gov/311/

As mentioned before, I am Diamond and no goodies on my counter. However, I cruise with a fellow who is Diamond Plus and he gives me the stuff the leave for him. They replenish it, too. He wonders what the room steward thinks he is using the shower cap for since he is bald (lol). I love the shower caps as I use them to keep my hair away from my face when applying make-up.

Tucker in Texas

Perhaps we had a generous Steward. We received the upgraded toiletries on day two -- Diamond and we were only in a balcony cabin.

###

I had seen that, but got stuck on the "larger liquids" line. My prescription liquids are small, but there are three or four of them, so I thought they had to go in the regular bag, thus giving me less room for other liquids.

Nope not necessary for prescriptions to go in the baggie. I would put them in a separate baggie so it's easier to keep them together and point out to the TSA agent before you get screened. They specifically mention larger sizes so people don't think they are limited to 3oz even with prescriptions.:)

We where in the RFS, and next will be in a GS.

But we still bring our own soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion.

Something tells me, even if they put it in cute little bottles,

people will still be complaining, about not being what they think is best.

I am sure if you ask attendant for a bottle or two they will give it to ya.

Try passing them a $20, that will do it. !!!:D

It doesn't bother me at all. I have to use a prescription shampoo anyway so I have to bring my own. I also buy travel size versions of my lotion, body wash, etc and when I am done with them just toss the bottles.

Archived