Dover car rentals

Divi

We will be arriving in Dover on a Sunday and want to rent a van to drive to Yorkshire.

We are having difficulty finding a car rental agency open on a Sunday.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Deen

I doubt you will find a rental agency open in Dover on Sundays...Hertz certainly isn't.

You could arrange a limo transfer to Gatwick airport and then rent your car from there. Or go up to London...which is further of course. No good going to Maidstone or Brighton...closed there too!!

I doubt you will find a rental agency open in Dover on Sundays...Hertz certainly isn't.

You could arrange a limo transfer to Gatwick airport and then rent your car from there. Or go up to London...which is further of course. No good going to Maidstone or Brighton...closed there too!!

Thank you for the suggestion of Gatwick Airport. We will look into that.

We did find one car rental open in Dover, "Yellowhire Car & Van".

However, they require full payment now and that seems a bit iffy when it is not until May 23rd!

Appreciate your response.

Deen

Thank you for the suggestion of Gatwick Airport. We will look into that. We did find one car rental open in Dover, "Yellowhire Car & Van". However, they require full payment now and that seems a bit iffy when it is not until May 23rd! Appreciate your response. Deen

Agree strongly on the danger of doing a full payment now. Gatwick is some distance away, but it might be your best option. There are lots of great options in southern England for wonderful things to see and do.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 21,800 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Sundays are a problem but there are solutions. Europcar will generally rent on Sundays although they reserve the right to impose some extra charges. A simple phone call to the Europcar toll free number will get you the info on the cost.

Hank

Is this a one way hire?

If it is it will probably need a national company rather than a local one.

It is a one way hire. The car will be dropped off at the Manchester airport.

I sent an email to Dover heritage Taxi about transportation to Gatwick but I haven't had a reply yet.

Time for another email.:(

Deen

It is a one way hire. The car will be dropped off at the Manchester airport.

I sent an email to Dover heritage Taxi about transportation to Gatwick but I haven't had a reply yet.

Time for another email.:(

Deen

You might look into the train. It might ultimately be easier, even assuming you'll probably have to change in London.

Archived