Azura/ 17

nigkar

Yes I thought it was worth the extra supplement. (£25pp on smaller cruises under 8n and £20pp on 14n cruises) All the food remember is cooked freshly to order and is of higher quality than the main restaurant which is churning out 1000 seats per sitting.....You have the chance of a table for 2 as well if you want one and a quieter relaxed ambience...with exceptional personal service and lovely surroundings. Basically its a different world than the main dining room and worth trying one night .

Also, highly recommend the GlassHouse for a lunch perhaps on a sea day. A small supplement - eg Risotto £3.50 but very nice and again in quieter surroundings.

Wonder why the price is more for a shorter cruise? Can't see that at all?

Because they have same number of guests for 7 nights as they would have for 14 nights, therefore, more demand as only 7 nights in which to try it = P&O put up the charge because they can get away with it

We went to Sindhu last Thursday (£25pp supplement) and 17 on Saturday (£30pp supplement) on our 3 nighter

Sindhu was very good and 17 exceptional. In both cases the charge is high. If you can try 17 it was probably the best I can recall having.

In contrast, we were fairly disappointed with the Peninsular for our only MDR dinner. The food was just OK. The MDR service was very poor in comparison to other ships and light years below Sindhu & 17. If you can only try one of these, 17 is easily worth £5 more than Sindhu.

I agree its really unfair having to pay more on a shorter cruise for the same meal in Seventeen. £30 for a 2/3n cruise, we paid £25 and on longer cruises of 14n or more£20.

Jean, I see where your coming from, but its best to try it first before deciding never too. :) You can't say its not worth it unless you try it with great respect x

We went to Sindhu last Thursday (£25pp supplement) and 17 on Saturday (£30pp supplement) on our 3 nighter

Sindhu was very good and 17 exceptional. In both cases the charge is high. If you can try 17 it was probably the best I can recall having.

In contrast, we were fairly disappointed with the Peninsular for our only MDR dinner. The food was just OK. The MDR service was very poor in comparison to other ships and light years below Sindhu & 17. If you can only try one of these, 17 is easily worth £5 more than Sindhu.

For me it wasn't the best supplement restaurant. Rhodes on Oriana was the best followed by Rhodes on Arcadia. But it was very nice indeed and worth the supplement.

Sue, I know what you are saying, but if I am eating great food in the Club Dining room, I can't see paying another £50 or £60 to eat somewhere else, coupled with the fact that neither of us can do justice to 3-4 courses these days. We find the starter and a main to be enough.

could someone tell me the cover charge for the 17 restaurant,and if they have any offers on to dine early.?

Also what did you think of 17,was it really worth the money.

we have just done three days on the azura. Used seventeen and found the food and service to be excellent. More than i can say about the peninsular, i have eaten better in motorway cafes (and had better service !!!).

Spikexxx

We paid £20.00 pp for 17 and £15pp for Sindhu. For us Sindhu was far superior than 17 for both service and quality of food. In fact we were disappointed with 17. The only course we actualy enjoyed was the flambeed pineapple which was excellent. Having read many reports I have decided we were unlucky and we are going to try it again in December.

Best speciality meal we have ever had was in the Normandie restaurant on Celebrity Summit - it was a total unique dining experience and the very best food and service we have ever had at sea.

Speciality dining in "East" on our last trip on Ventura was lovely but the 'White Room' service was very poor, even worse than in the main restaurant.

We are hoping that Azura offers better service standards overall than we experienced on Ventura and we are planning to try all the dining options - we usually find them a great experience and well worth the cover charge.

Archived