SCarib itinerary help

PK4SC

Our sixth cruise but first to Southern Caribbean. I have booked a number of excursions so far and want to know what you experienced SCarib people think. I can change anything so let me know what you think (If anyone is paying attention to this roll call that is)

San Juan (Saturday before embarkation)

• Biobay tour with Yokahu Kayak
  • Embark Ship Sunday and take cab to Old San Juan (walk tour)

St. Thomas

• Magens Bay Beach & Shopping

Dominica

• Trafalgar Falls & Roseau Highlights
  • Ti Tou Gorge & Hot Springs Escape

Bonaire

• Two-Stop Snorkeling On The Seacow

St. Thomas

• St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel

Tortola

• The Baths At Virgin Gorda

Antigua

• Antigua Beach Escape

St. Lucia

• Fun At The Beach

Barbados

• Barbados Beach Getaway

I would love to hear your comments. I am assuming there will be wave runners etc. at the beach to rent. We have not decided on what to do in Grenada so any idea there would be nice. Welcome all ideas. Thanks.

OMG, out of all those ports, Grenada was by far our favorite. What you want to do is hire a taxi right outside of the terminal. Agree upon the price for a round-trip with the driver BEFORE getting in.

Ask him to take you to the Hotel Allemande. He'll drop you off. Ask him to return whenever you think you'll be ready (90 mins. was not long enough for us). Walk through the hotel's outer corridors and onto the quiet part of Grand Anse Beach. It's spectacular!

You don't need to rent chaises, just bring your towel from the ship and drop it on the sand. You'll want to be in the water most of the time anyway. There are jet skis further down the beach to rent if you want. You can bring a $3 blow-up float for the water from home and leave it when you're done.

You have a lot planned on your cruise. I'm always more energetic at home when planning cruises and once onboard, I just want to chill, take it easy and not be rushed in any way. Keep that in mind and cancel some of these tours if you get in relax mode.

BTW, Titou Gorge was awesome. A once-in-a-lifetime experience. ;)

Great advice and I will take you up on the Hotel Allemande, Grand Anse Beach part for sure. Like I say this is just preliminary and could be adjusted some as we learn more. Thanks for your input. :D

BTW, Titou Gorge was awesome. A once-in-a-lifetime experience. ;)

I agree! But the water sure was cold. Does your day include Champagne Reef? It's fun to snorkel in the bubbly water.

Try to make it to a spice plantation and pick up some fresh spices while you're in Granada. We didn't go to the beach there, but I'm sure you'll see vendors selling spices all over.

Ask him to take you to the Hotel Allemande. He'll drop you off. Ask him to return whenever you think you'll be ready (90 mins. was not long enough for us). Walk through the hotel's outer corridors and onto the quiet part of Grand Anse Beach. It's spectacular!

DLM, we take the water taxi/ferry over to Grand Anse. Last year we were on the right side of the beach (facing the water), and we like it there. Which side is the Hotel Allemande on? I suspect the far left side of the beach (facing the water) is also quiet, and I've read where it has some minorly decent snorkeling on that end of the beach. Thanks!

DLM, we take the water taxi/ferry over to Grand Anse. Last year we were on the right side of the beach (facing the water), and we like it there. Which side is the Hotel Allemande on? I suspect the far left side of the beach (facing the water) is also quiet, and I've read where it has some minorly decent snorkeling on that end of the beach. Thanks!

Very far left if you're facing the ocean. Way far away from the crowds, the ferry and other assorted noise. We literally shared about a 1/2 mile strip of white sand beach with only 4 others who were a local family. Two vendors came walking by the entire time and that was it and we bought spices from one of them. It was pure bliss. One of the pictures I took is now the background on my credit card and my business card. :)

Dominica was a favorite. This is an unspoiled island that is absolutely beautiful in it's lush greenery. The chosen excursion is fine.. just be ready for cold refreshing water, and high altitudes. Is this a Bumpiing tour?

A St.Thomas excursion to St. John was also our choice during our last cruise. Problem - excursion cancelled due to impeding weather condition. Fact - we still had a great time shopping and bonding. Is this a b2b--because St. Thomas is down twice.

your choices look very good!!

in Grenada, we took a 4x4 excursion which took us up into the rainforest areas...it was an awesome day!! the whole island smells of cinnamon and nutmeg!!

back in town, they have lots of shops that sell the spices for much less than you would pay in the states....stock up!! can't get any fresher!!

have a great cruise!! southern itinerary is our favorite!! :)

Marsha

You have a great itinerary. Bonaire: SeaCow is just an ok boat, but the snorkeling is excellent. Tortola: I really like Virgin Gorda, but I would also consider Jost Van Dyke. Barbados: We have been to The Boatyard - beach area close to the pier. Lots of activities and beach bar there. Enjoy your cruise.

Very far left if you're facing the ocean. Way far away from the crowds, the ferry and other assorted noise. We literally shared about a 1/2 mile strip of white sand beach with only 4 others who were a local family. Two vendors came walking by the entire time and that was it and we bought spices from one of them. It was pure bliss. One of the pictures I took is now the background on my credit card and my business card. :)

Thanks! It seems the far ends of Grand Anse are the way to go if you want to not be so bothered by the vendors. We'll use your suggestion this year, and know it will be great!

You have a great itinerary. Bonaire: SeaCow is just an ok boat, but the snorkeling is excellent. Tortola: I really like Virgin Gorda, but I would also consider Jost Van Dyke. Barbados: We have been to The Boatyard - beach area close to the pier. Lots of activities and beach bar there. Enjoy your cruise.

I agree about Jost Van Dyke - especially the Soggy Dollar Bar! In Bonaire, check out Woodwind Snorkel and Sail - they do drift snorkeling and have gotten many great reviews. We are booked with them on our upcoming cruise. Barbados also has a fun rum tour if that's your thing. Dominica - highly recommend Bumpiing Tours. Again, we're booked with them next month. You'll love St. Lucia - one our favorite islands. Have fun!

Archived