Fare Reduction for previous passengers

cruisequilter

I called my TA and said it looked to me like there was a fare reduction for our April 24, 2011 Ruby cruise. She checked while we were on the phone and, sure enough, the fare for our AD cabin (the wonderful E730 we've heard so much about!) had dropped $400. We also have 2 inside cabins for our adult kids and that fare had dropped $300/cabin.

She quickly called Princess to get the reductions. Only ours applied--the price reductions were for prior Princess passengers only--I saw the interior prices because I was logged in while looking.

So we did get a reduction of $400. That will help with the 3 hotel rooms the night before.

Thanks to my CC friends who have educated me so much--check your fares if you haven't lately.

When you say check your fares, do you mean with your TA or with Princess. I've booked with a TA.

Thanks

People often check their fares on the Princess website. If they see a reduction in fare on a cruise they they have booked with a TA, then they contact the TA who will work with Princess to get the reduction for them.

I called my TA and said it looked to me like there was a fare reduction for our April 24, 2011 Ruby cruise. She checked while we were on the phone and, sure enough, the fare for our AD cabin (the wonderful E730 we've heard so much about!) had dropped $400. We also have 2 inside cabins for our adult kids and that fare had dropped $300/cabin.

She quickly called Princess to get the reductions. Only ours applied--the price reductions were for prior Princess passengers only--I saw the interior prices because I was logged in while looking.

So we did get a reduction of $400. That will help with the 3 hotel rooms the night before.

Thanks to my CC friends who have educated me so much--check your fares if you haven't lately.

See if one of you can switch cabins with one of your kids, on paper that is, and once on board switch back. We did it once and it worked. Surprised that your TA didn't mention it.

What if I switch on paper and when we get on board my son refuses to switch back, AFTER he sees the mini suite vs his inside??? Ha--I don't need the money that bad. I'm just happy with the $400.

Yes, I logged on to Princess.com and checked the fares that way. Then called my TA to get her to act. She told me when we booked she'd keep her eye out for fare reductions but it apparently means more to me so I'll keep looking and then let her know.

That's what happened with the military OBC--I learned about it here then called her--she was able to pass that info onto other clients. Maybe I deserve a commission???

Very excited about this cruise and happy with all I learn on CC. This is our 3rd Princess cruise but the last was 6 years ago and I am ready!

Check with Princess, or ask your TA, about the Share the Wealth program. It's for new cruisers to Princess to receive the same benefits you, in this case, a lower cabin rate. We are cruising next year with BIL and SIL, who have never cruised before, and they were able to get this benefit. Of course, your adult kids would have to be new Princess cruisers, but it might work. It's worth a phone call, anyway!:)

What if I switch on paper and when we get on board my son refuses to switch back, AFTER he sees the mini suite vs his inside??? Ha--I don't need the money that bad. I'm just happy with the $400.

Yes, I logged on to Princess.com and checked the fares that way. Then called my TA to get her to act. She told me when we booked she'd keep her eye out for fare reductions but it apparently means more to me so I'll keep looking and then let her know.

That's what happened with the military OBC--I learned about it here then called her--she was able to pass that info onto other clients. Maybe I deserve a commission???

Very excited about this cruise and happy with all I learn on CC. This is our 3rd Princess cruise but the last was 6 years ago and I am ready!

Apparently Princess didn't send out a notice to TAs nor a press release on their website about the Military OBC. Thankfully I read about it on CC & it was such a simple procedure.

I also told my TA about it to pass on to her other clients since she had not been informed about this great perk for veterans. Although I suggested for her to merely pass on the info instead of her having to do all of the work. It's such an easy procedure for us to do instead of our busy TAs, I think this is the right way to do it.

Check with Princess, or ask your TA, about the Share the Wealth program. It's for new cruisers to Princess to receive the same benefits you, in this case, a lower cabin rate. We are cruising next year with BIL and SIL, who have never cruised before, and they were able to get this benefit. Of course, your adult kids would have to be new Princess cruisers, but it might work. It's worth a phone call, anyway!:)

Share the Weath was discontinued some time ago I am afraid. :(

But my adult kids (they are new to Princess) are booked in their own cabin on a share the wealth for our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise. I'd guess offhand that I booked w/in the past 3 or 4 months.

So far I have had 3 price decreases with Princess and one other thru cruisedeals.com. With each decrease in price that I found, I copied the online page with the decreased price and emailed it to my TA. They honored each decreased quote I found. I've gone from $3100 total for a minisuite to $2300 including all taxes! woohoo;)

Maybe I am thinking about the share the wealth that also gave the passengers the OBC associated with the booking, so I stand corrected on this. I actually thought they did away entirely with the share the wealth program, but it possible is just the shipboard credit that is no longer available with it. ;) I know I haven't received any share the wealth coupons in several years now, as we used to get them all of the time.

Maybe I am thinking about the share the wealth that also gave the passengers the OBC associated with the booking, so I stand corrected on this. I actually thought they did away entirely with the share the wealth program, but it possible is just the shipboard credit that is no longer available with it. ;) I know I haven't received any share the wealth coupons in several years now, as we used to get them all of the time.

From a link on the "My Princess" page:

Refer your friends and relatives and reap the rewards.

Refer your friends and relatives to Princess and for each new customer you refer both you and your referral can receive a $25 discount off of a future Princess Cruise.

Be sure that those you refer have not previously booked or sailed with Princess. We regret that we are not able to accept any referrals for current Princess customers. This includes those who have previously booked, booked and cancelled, or sailed with Princess.

Please note that in order to qualify for Referral Rewards a successful referral must be made prior to your friend or relative making their booking.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/referralOption.page

Toto, I think you and I are talking about something completely different than the referral program that caribill is posting about. On my THX cruise, there was a reduced price for repeat cruisers. I booked a room for myself and DBF and another for my adult kids (only I had cruised on Princess previously). Later on when I tried to upgrade my kids, I was told "you have a Share the Wealth price on that cabin" and it was explained that since I was doing the booking and I'd cruised, the linked reservation was afforded the past passenger rate. My TA (who is almost as useless as "teats on a boar hog"_ told me I couldn't get the same STW deal on a different cabin for them, so they stayed put.

Toto - I received a holiday brochure a few months ago and it had some notation that said "bring friends with you at the same price as these special rates" or something like that.

I am wondering if that is what they are referring to. On certain sailings, friends can get the same pricing.

Definitely different then the previous Share The Wealth program that they used to give us on the ship.

As part of reegular price checking, I too saw those price drops yesterday and called the TA right away. The TA website had reduced fares for anyone, and princess.com had even better reductions for past passengers---I saved $1400 2 cabins (my BA and DD's Mini), plus FIL saved $500 on a single inside WOO HOO!!!!! But.......DD's mom/stepfather/kids are not past passengers and didn't get as much of a discount (still good at nearly $700 for 2 cabins/6 people) After reading what everyone here said about STW, I called the TA and she said that they had all the reductions they qualified for and they couldn't get the same rate as me. I feel bad, plus this kind of situation never helps with family dynamics--DH's ex paying more than us :eek:

So far I have had 3 price decreases with Princess and one other thru cruisedeals.com. With each decrease in price that I found, I copied the online page with the decreased price and emailed it to my TA. They honored each decreased quote I found. I've gone from $3100 total for a minisuite to $2300 including all taxes! woohoo;)

You mean I should have copied the rate I saw on an online TA site and called Princess and I could have gotten the reduction???:( I thought since I booked directly I'd have to wait for the Princess website price to go down. It did on Sunday and I called and got it but I didn't know I could use the price from another site. :eek:

You mean I should have copied the rate I saw on an online TA site and called Princess and I could have gotten the reduction???:( I thought since I booked directly I'd have to wait for the Princess website price to go down. It did on Sunday and I called and got it but I didn't know I could use the price from another site. :eek:

Princess will not match Travel agents pricing online or not, so 'no', you would not have been able to find a better price with an online TA and have princess match it. They just don't do that when you book direct.

There are some amazing past passenger discounts right now. We booked the Panama Canal today and upon signing in there was a $500 per person price drop to what was advertised.

My Christmas cruise has a $900 difference (almost half as much) when logging in.

We have been on many cruises but left things up to our travel agent. We would like to check for ourselves and then inform the travel agent. How and where should we check?

Thank you!

We have been on many cruises but left things up to our travel agent. We would like to check for ourselves and then inform the travel agent. How and where should we check?

Thank you!

You cannot rely on a travel agent to learn about a price reduction on your cruise. A good agent will have hundreds of cruises booked and cannot spend the time to check the pricing over and over on all of them.

To check if Princess had a reduction, go to the Princess web site and chose "Find and Compare Curises". Go through the process to locate your cruise and check the current pricing for your category. If you are a past Princess passenger, sign in to see the past passenger pricing.

Archived