Middle names question

After seeing the show on Oasis last week on TLC, I went back in my reservation and made sure that all names and middle names match the passport. For some reason, the reservation as well as the Set Sail pass only show first and last name. So thinking that I had forgotten to enter the middle name, I went back in the online checkin and checked - it was there.

1- my first question - will I have any problems with this since middle names are not showing on Set Sail pass? Or will the person at check in see all the middle names that I inputed once they scan the bar code?

2- second question - my son has 2 middle names and the space they have in online check in only allows me to input one. No spaces allowed and not enough space to spell the second middle name entirely. Should I input only the first middle name (ex. Peter) or try to put both with no space (ex. PeterJohnat) and leave it even if it's not spelled entirely?

That would really suck if we were denied boarding for that.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

After seeing the show on Oasis last week on TLC, I went back in my reservation and made sure that all names and middle names match the passport. For some reason, the reservation as well as the Set Sail pass only show first and last name. So thinking that I had forgotten to enter the middle name, I went back in the online checkin and checked - it was there.

1- my first question - will I have any problems with this since middle names are not showing on Set Sail pass? Or will the person at check in see all the middle names that I inputed once they scan the bar code?

2- second question - my son has 2 middle names and the space they have in online check in only allows me to input one. No spaces allowed and not enough space to spell the second middle name entirely. Should I input only the first middle name (ex. Peter) or try to put both with no space (ex. PeterJohnat) and leave it even if it's not spelled entirely?

That would really suck if we were denied boarding for that.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

RCL does not use middle names.

The cruise line doesn't use middle names, this can be a problem if you go by your middle name instead of your first name. (I have several friends that have that issue. They were told to put their first initial and then their middle name on the cruise ship paperwork - example J. Peter Smith but that was before the current TSA and Customs policy went into effect.

In the case of the Original Poster, as long as your sons first and last name are correct and match their passport you should be fine.

TSA wants the first and last name on your passport to match the first and last name on your air and cruise reservation. They are not concerned about the middle name. Make sure you book your air and cruise reservation under the exact name (1st & last)that is on your passport.

It is best to read the information that is on the TSA website.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/index.shtm

Great, thanks for the responses. I had called RC but the lady was very vague, she said that I needed all the names to match, then later on, she said only first and last..... Anyhow, I added the first middle name and I hope that will be fine....

Thanks !

Related topic:

When we arrived in the terminal for our July cruise, the lady who took care of us called the kids up one by one and made their pictures/passes . . . then she called me . . . and my husband was last.

When she pulled up his name, a giant red STOP screen appeared. I just about died, but it was nothing. It was about his name. His cruise ticket was just his name (for example, John Smith) . . . but his passport was John Smith, Jr.

It didn't even phase him. He flies for work on a fairly regular basis, and he says that the Jr. causes him no end of trouble. He says he's questioned about his name on at least 50% of his flights.

He was born while his father was away fighting in Vietnam, so I understand why his mother made him a Jr., but it's trouble! If we had a son, which isn't likely to happen at this point, I'd consider giving him his father's name . . . but a different middle name so he wouldn't be a Jr. -- well, actually, in our case it'd be a III.

TSA wants the first and last name on your passport to match the first and last name on your air and cruise reservation. They are not concerned about the middle name. Make sure you book your air and cruise reservation under the exact name (1st & last)that is on your passport.

TSA does not care at all what you cruise reservation is, that is ONLY for flights. AND TSA DOES want middle name or initial how it appears on the ID you are traveling iwth

Flights now have to match whatever documents you are flying with, if driver's license for domestic flights then, what is on your license, first, last and middle name or initial whatever is on there.

If you are using passport then how ever it is on there.

The cruise line doesn't use middle names, this can be a problem if you go by your middle name instead of your first name. (I have several friends that have that issue. They were told to put their first initial and then their middle name on the cruise ship paperwork - example J. Peter Smith but that was before the current TSA and Customs policy went into effect.

In the case of the Original Poster, as long as your sons first and last name are correct and match their passport you should be fine.

I "go" by my middle name but for all official and legal purposes I use my real first name. As most people I know who use their middle name do. So, my passport always matches my airline tickets, cruise tickets, etc. All credit cards, ID's and even library cards have my real first name. I just go by my middle name but would never use it as my first name on anything that requires my real first name. I really don't give a rip if someone who doesn't know me calls me by my first name that I don't use.

My parents never even called me by my first name. It's pretty dumb, but they needed a middle name and couldn't come up with anything that worked with the name I go by so they made it my middle name and used a first name that worked. I'm a woman and I've found it's much more common for men to go by their middle names than women.

ABSOLUTELY! Keep everything exactly as stated on your passport!

Archived