Inside cabins???

bhcruise

Are inside cabins large enough for two people comfortably if the beds are separated? I am taking my brother on a cruise for his 18th but due to recent budget constraints we are moving to an inside. They look quite small in the picture so I am wondering what other people have experienced. Thanks so much for sharing. We will be on the Jade for a 12 night Med. cruise, I was thinking of getting a spa pass so I could go there and shower while he is showering in the room.

I travel in the inside cabins most of the time. I found the insides on the Dawn and the Jewel perfectly adequate to share with my elderly mother on several cruises. For us, the cabin is only a place to sleep, shower and change clothes in. We spend all our waking hours out and about the ship.

By booking inside cabins, we are able to afford to cruise more often.

The spa pass is probably a good idea. My wife and I have stayed in an inside cabin plenty of times, and you really need to get ready in "shifts". There's not really enough room for two to be moving around the cabin at the same time.

I usually get ready first, and then leave the cabin and go find some way to occupy my time while my wife gets ready.

Have a great time on your cruise!

We have tried several categories of cabins and have enjoyed them all.

We started out in balcony rooms, but decided to save some $$$ and go with an inside on the Dawn to Bermuda. It worked out fine. We have had teenage daughter in room, too...that was tight, but we survived.

Go ahead and book the inside room. You'll be fine.

DH and I have only done insides so far and had no issues with the space. We have the beds together and it's fine, although a little tight on either side of the bed. I think that with the beds separated, it would probably feel even more spacious since you have that extra room to move around.

DH and I have only done insides so far and had no issues with the space. We have the beds together and it's fine, although a little tight on either side of the bed. I think that with the beds separated, it would probably feel even more spacious since you have that extra room to move around.

I agree, with the beds separated, it will be much easier to move around and feel more spacious, because the space between the beds is big enough to move around in, whereas with the beds together, the available space is not really good for anything but getting in to bed.

Are inside cabins large enough for two people comfortably if the beds are separated? I am taking my brother on a cruise for his 18th but due to recent budget constraints we are moving to an inside. They look quite small in the picture so I am wondering what other people have experienced. Thanks so much for sharing. We will be on the Jade for a 12 night Med. cruise, I was thinking of getting a spa pass so I could go there and shower while he is showering in the room.

bhcruise, I think you will find the cabin OK for you and your brother. With the separate beds there is room to move around in the cabin, and when the beds are together as if set up for a couple, they do get tight on each side, so you should be fine. Some lines have more room than the 142 sq ft you get with NCL, but they set the cabin up well for the smaller area. I have sailed on some lines that try to stick a small sofa in the room and although nice, it makes it much tighter. On this trip you probably won't spend much time in the cabin anyway, mainly sleeping and getting dressed so I think you will be fine. Enjoy the trip.

Thank you everyone for all the advice. I am feeling much better about the decision, I don't think we will be using the room much so that should help. We are getting to see Europe no matter what size the room is :D Thanks again for the input it is exactly what I needed to hear!

Any other thoughts on inside cabins???

Yes, they are identical in size to the outside and standard balcony (excluding balcony area itself) cabins. We now always go inside, and that way we can afford to cruise more often! The Jade is superb and, as some have mentioned, with 2 singles profile there is actually more room than queen bed arrangement.

Enjoy!

You might want to see if you can grab a sideways inside cabiin - they seem much easier to get around than the starndard cabin as there aren't so many doors bumping into each other. Regarding the spa pass, that is certainly an option, but you don't need to do that if you are only using it for the showers. The changing/restrooms off of the exercise room have showers and a steamroom (albeit its more like a large closet with steam).

Have a great cruise!

I noticed the insides on the gem is about 145 sq feet while the insides on carnival is about 185 sq feet. Is that insides really that small with no space at all?

Posting 185 vs 145 sq. ft. tends to make the sq. ft. difference more than it actually is. Most likely the cabins are of the same length and height, the difference will be one or two feet in width...

Can you live in any of your rooms inside your house if one wall was a foot or two closer to the other wall across the room? I bet you can easily, and therein lies your answer....

You are only going to live in this cabin for a week or so, you are not going to live in this cabin for the rest of your life... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Think of your cabin as a place to sleep, change clothes, and bathe. Nothing else. You will be dining in rooms much larger, and being entertained in rooms much larger than any room in your home...

We were in an inside cabin on the Spirit with a teenager, and an superior inside cabin on the Sky and both were fine. We are scheduled for an inside cabin on the Gem next May to Bermuda. I always chuckle when I read that "I won't sail in anything less than a suite." I just feel fortunate to be on the ship, usually having spent a small fortune on airfare just to get to the pier! We paid a ton of money for an aft balcony cabin on the Pride of America, and rarely used our balcony because of the onslaught of smoke from all directions, so we are fine in an inside cabin.

Here's pictures of the inside cabins from the Spirit (cabin 5017)in July, 2008 and the Sky (cabin 7316) in Feburary 2009. Both served their purpose quite well. I know the Spirit picture is blurry :)

P7060038.jpg.69a7b47d7b1a868d889c09054fab84e6.jpg

PC130187.jpg.5fa630b052e73a22f5c214e000e3a88d.jpg

You might want to see if you can grab a sideways inside cabiin

We had a sideways inside on the Jade. Space wise it was great but it was very noisy. We had a kitchen below and the cabin was very noisy when the night shift started. Thankfully we were moved after a few days to another cabin.

Here are 2 photos of the sideways cabin #9123

cruise%20pics%20from%20my%20camera%20084.jpg

IMG_2610.JPG

We have just sailed on the Jade in an inside cabin and found it perfectly acceptable space wise when the beds were seperated, but a tight squeeze when we tried to push them together!

We have been in blacony cabins before, and, in a strange way, this felt more like a 'real' sea cabin - it was cosy, warm and welcoming to return to in the evening, particularly when it was rather windy outside!

If anyone has privacy issues when sharing any sort of stateroom, it's so easy just to nip out to take a few photos, have a walk around, check the menus for the evening or just see what's going on while the other person showers and changes. I think it'll be an inside room for us in the future now...

Archived