I like EPIC's "HAT"!!!

cruisecruiserAS

I've been reading these forums and it seems that people are complaining about EPIC's bulky "HAT".

I actually happen to like it, it's different and plus it makes the ship look different....:rolleyes:

It seems that now-a-days all cruise lines build ships that look the same except for some minor differences... so WEAR YOUR HAT PROUDLY EPIC! We still love with or without your "hat"!!snnLWRF-srEp7iL84Ped4xoLS0uit8OgFhWWmEkZ_cA?feat=directlink

Cheers!! I love the look of the Epic, because it's a cruise ship and I'm sailing on her in less than two months!! (I just booked my entertainment and dining!! YAY!) I'm much more concerned with what's on the inside than what it looks like from the outside though... kind of like I am with people!! :)

Cheers!! I love the look of the Epic, because it's a cruise ship and I'm sailing on her in less than two months!! (I just booked my entertainment and dining!! YAY!) I'm much more concerned with what's on the inside than what it looks like from the outside though... kind of like I am with people!! :)

HAHA. I like what you said!

I LOVE CRUISES!!! :D

My main issue with the looks is the flat back and the 'hat'. While I understand the need to pack as many cabins on as possible, I prefer the aft cabins to have a little bit of sky to their balconies. It also makes the ship look sleeker. As for the 'hat', it just looks like it was an afterthought in the design. While the remainder of the ship is tapering upward and inward, then there is this big lump that does not fit the lines, does not match the style and makes it look top-heavy. They could have painted it bright orange and it would have looked just as good. Oh well... my opinion

My main issue with the looks is the flat back and the 'hat'. While I understand the need to pack as many cabins on as possible, I prefer the aft cabins to have a little bit of sky to their balconies. It also makes the ship look sleeker. As for the 'hat', it just looks like it was an afterthought in the design. While the remainder of the ship is tapering upward and inward, then there is this big lump that does not fit the lines, does not match the style and makes it look top-heavy. They could have painted it bright orange and it would have looked just as good. Oh well... my opinion

The flat back may not be the very pleasing to they eye but the functionality of EPIC's flat back is what is important to me. We were in an aft balcony cabin facing the wake. I loved the total privacy afforded by EPIC's "flat back". You know what you can do with TOTAL PRIVACY on a balcony??? Use your imagination. It was GREAT!!!

The Epic was docked in Miami when we returned on the Destiny two weeks ago. That is one fugly ship - honestly, you really have to see it in person. The impression it gives is that of a weirdly designed floating building, not a ship. I'm sure the cruise experience is great; we're looking forward to booking it ourselves, but visually the exterior is painful.

Happy Sails,

Annette

P.S. To coffeebean - there's quite a bit you can do even without total privacy.

The flat back may not be the very pleasing to they eye but the functionality of EPIC's flat back is what is important to me. We were in an aft balcony cabin facing the wake. I loved the total privacy afforded by EPIC's "flat back". You know what you can do with TOTAL PRIVACY on a balcony??? Use your imagination. It was GREAT!!!

TMI!!! Ick. I'm sure people would complain that smelled too.

I've been reading these forums and it seems that people are complaining about EPIC's bulky "HAT".

I actually happen to like it, it's different and plus it makes the ship look different....:rolleyes:

It seems that now-a-days all cruise lines build ships that look the same except for some minor differences... so WEAR YOUR HAT PROUDLY EPIC! We still love with or without your "hat"!!snnLWRF-srEp7iL84Ped4xoLS0uit8OgFhWWmEkZ_cA?feat=directlink

Lol, I like Epic's "hat" too! ;)

Imagination not needed. The need for privacy is a direct function of modesty, of which I have none. :D

The hat makes the ship resemble Donald Duck. But, as Canadian Twosome said, what goes on inside is more important.

Most definately. I completely forgot about the looks unless we were in port and heading back onboard... except for the fact that the jogging track was more of a horseshoe. Not once did anyone refuse to serve me because I came off 'that ugly ship'. :rolleyes:

TMI TMI TMI!!!:eek:

I am one of those that like her "sunglasses" as I've always called it, as well. It makes her stand out from all the other cruise ships. You could put her in a crowd and tell it's her. That's one of the things I liked about it. :D I know not many people like it though. But, that's ok.

:eek: The Edsel of the Seas. She could go down in cruise ship history as quite possibly the ugliest cruise ship ever conceived.

(No offense meant to any fans of the Epic. To each their own. And who wouldn't love to say they took a ride in an Edsel anyway?) ;)

Ill admit I hated it at first.. but she definitely grew on me!

Same here. Before I read about all that she has to offer and then the obsession that took over my life until I booked:o, I called the Epic the world's ugliest ship (simply based on the concept sketches).

The more I see her now, the more she outwardly grows on me. The Epic is unique and as someone suggested earlier, you could pick her out immediately.

Personally, I think that big gaping hole in the back of the Oasis (and soon to be Allure) is really ugly but Id sail them in a heartbeat too. Beauty is only skin deep as they say:D'

Archived