Coral Princess

Jimjam

We sailed on her over New Year's. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip. The food was good and didn't have any problems with anytime dining.

We generally ate between 6-7pm for dinner and was able to get 2 tops by just walking in. The one time we arrived at 7:30 and had a 30 minute wait, which I thought was reasonable.

My wife did most of the shows and thought the "Broadway" type show were good, the few I attended, I agreed with her. The comedians were so-so in her opinion.

The ship is well laid out, the only quible is that only one bank of elevators go all the way from the top to the bottom of the public decks. On the plus side, I think it had more elevators per/capita than most cruise ships.

The ship is well maintained. I didn't see any obvious wear and tear.

I would sail on her again in a heartbeat.

Hi! Just returned from the Coral Princess on Wednesday, 16 Feb and have to tell you the ship is FANTASTIC and the cruise was EQUALLY FANTASTIC!!!

This was our 12th cruise, so have quite a bit of experience on different ships, and we loved the Coral. It is not as big (of course) as the Grand (our personal favorite ship) but had everything we wanted while allowing us to go thru the Panama Canal.

The staff, amenities and food were wonderful and I think you would be hard pressed to beat her for anything she sailed!

PS Everyone was happy and healthy this trip, no illness except for a older gentleman with pre-existing health problems that caused us to stay in the first lock of the canal on our way back out of Gutan while he was loaded in an ambulance to tend to urgent medical needs.

Has anyone cruised on the Coral Princess lately ? If so, any comments pro or con will be apprecited..

Hi!

We were on the 12/10 Panama Canal cruise and had a very nice time. We were in C217 and had a wonderful cabin steward, Manuel De Leon. In addition the Cruise Director and Staff (especially Peter, Vickie, and Sam) were excellent.

Itinerary - Fantastic. That was the main reason we selected the cruise.

Food - Beef and seafood were very good. Pastas were disappointing. Sabatini's - so-so. Would not do it again. We did not eat at the Bayou Cafe but heard good things. Horizon Court - very hit and miss. We had traditional late seating - a nice table for 6 by a window.

Service - Overall, it was OK.

Shows - We did not attend.

Lounge entertainment - Very good, especially the piano player in Crooners.

The Ship - Beautiful and well maintained. One quibble - the library seemed to seldom be open. It was really nice (not enough seats) and would have had a lot more use if properly staffed.

Would we sail on her again? Absolutely!

Jimjam,

We just returned from a beautiful cruise on the Coral Feb. 6th and can honestly say the Coral is probably my favorite ship. Not too big and not too small with excellent space for everyone and never felt crowded.

We were in C223 and had Manuel Deleon as a cabin steward as well. He provided excellent service all the time as did all the service personel.

This is one ship that would be very difficult to find any fault with and I am sure you will be more than happy.

Judy

My husband & I were on the coral for New years, & as usual, had a wonderful trip.

A very big problem is that the pool staff, refused to ask parents to take their diapered children out of the pool( even though there is a sign stating that no diapered or untoilet-trained kids use the pools).

Within an hour of my persistent complai, even to the cruise director, a POOP I saw a POOP floating in the pool.

As I pointed this out to the cruise director, he had it removed, proceeded to start the Survivor game in the pool. Only when the game was over, did they close the pool for the rest of the day!!!!.

There were over 100 people on board that had the Norwalk virus, so there was lots of disinfecting going on.

I urge everyone on board to kick up a big fuss, when you notice babies in pools.

We can all get very sick from e-coli!.

Just for the record, we have done over 30 cruises.

LiLi2

We took the Coral over xmas and we had a great time but I would say this ship is outdated compared to other Princess ships we have been on. The table and chairs in the buffet area are old fashioned and worn and the chair cushions in the indoor pool are dirty and worn looking too. We didn't think it seemed as new as other Princess ships we have been on. And the ship is very small. Not alot of places to hang out on this ship.

There are elevators mid ships and aft that go to all floors. The forward elevators and the atrium elevators do not go to all floors. Very strange setup for a two year old ship.

That said we had a great cruise ( Feb 6 2005 ).

The food was good but we did not enjoy the speciality restaurants especially after enjoying them on Celebrity and RCCL. Great staff , everyone was polite and friendly. We just thought that the ship had a strange design.

We were on the New Years Eve cruise and loved the Coral. Thought it was a beautiful ship and we were happy with the service. We ate at Sabbitinis and loved it. But, we were travelling with a group of 8 and celebrating a 40th anniversary there. Our waiters were the best and it took us 3 hours to eat dinner. Never ate at the Bayou but heard good things about this restaurant too. We enjoyed our trip with Princess so much that we booked the Sapphire Princess next New Years Eve.

We took the Coral over xmas and we had a great time but I would say this ship is outdated compared to other Princess ships we have been on. The table and chairs in the buffet area are old fashioned and worn and the chair cushions in the indoor pool are dirty and worn looking too. We didn't think it seemed as new as other Princess ships we have been on. And the ship is very small. Not alot of places to hang out on this ship.

Hi!

Boy, I am surprised. The Coral is very new and about 92,000 tons. We did not find the wear-and-tear (not much time spent by the pool), outdated features, lack of public areas, and claustrophobic feel you mention.

Thanks!

Just finished our second Coral cruise (hi to Debe7ing) and this ship is our favorite. I love the layout even though I miss Skywalkers. The only negative I can say is that we didn't care for the comedians so we left their shows. Everything else was great. Loved our Baja balcony cabin,the 50's party, the food, the service,the spa, the gym, the Princess Idol contest, the Princess singers and dancers, and the horse racing. Ate at Sabitinis (again!) and Bayou Cafe on Valentines Day-loved them both. Took Princess shore excursions in Belize (Belize City is really a zero) across the country to Mayan ruins (long day but worth every minute), dome train/bus back at Panama Canal. Rented our own taxi in Grand Cayman-it will be years before that place is green again, just heartbreaking. Just vegged out at Paradise Beach in Cozumel. Tendering was well organized as was embarkation and disembarkation. We will sail on Coral again.

Last year was on the Coral doing a round trip partial transit through the Panama Canal and I came away it being my favorite ship so far. Everything as already stated was gret. In fact we are going on her again next year for a full repo 5/3/06. You will enjoy her.

Marilyn

Maybe I am out of touch with Princess ships but this was the best Princess ship I have been on. The ship is only a few years old and it is being considered "outdated".

As far as the ship being small - this is the perfect size ship for some of us. Having been on many ships much larger than this, I will take this size ship any day.

I am looking forward to cruising the Coral in May in Alaska since I've read so many wonderful things about her. As for "old fashioned", what is the perfect style for one may not suit the next. Personally, I prefer classic styling to glitz. Our last cruise was on the Caribbean Princess this past November, and we found it too large and too crowded. I think the Coral may be the perfect size!

I love to have some input regard a good place to meet for our roll call group on the Coral. We have a group of close to 25, (hopeing for a few more as we get closer) Many of you have such good things to say about the Coral, I can't hardly wait.

My favorite... :D

Hi Largin: I think that you have mentioned that you have done some repo cruises in the past. We are going 5/3/06 from FLL to S.F. Have you done that before and if you had I assumed that you really enjoyed them. This will be our first repo cruise and very much looking forward to it. Come and join us.

Marilyn

Hi Largin: I think that you have mentioned that you have done some repo cruises in the past. We are going 5/3/06 from FLL to S.F. Have you done that before and if you had I assumed that you really enjoyed them. This will be our first repo cruise and very much looking forward to it. Come and join us.

Marilyn

We were on the Coral last April on the Ft Lauderdale/SF Repo and loved it.. I just got a price from my TA on the 5/3/06 Repo and am considering doing that one for next year. We might be shipmates.. :D

Archived