Woohoo! Cruisinetta is building the Woohoodam!

Spinner2

. . . and it's nearly finished; this is the first photo she's sent. I think sea trials are today; she'll surely send finished photos and photos of other entries. She's aboard the Noordam.

Photo's not large; sorry. This is what she was able to send. However, what do you see that you're curious about? We'll pass the questions on to her.

woohoodam1.jpg

Only Joanie would come up with that question. Nothing was under the towel. It was simulating water. ;);) Sea trials were today and the Woohoodam held 24, :eek: cans of Coke. How bout that? I will send really nice pics tomorrow. We will be at Half Moon Cay and I will put the ship in the pool and take some really nice pics. We are in an unscheduled stop at Grand Turk today to let off our third patient. Wondering what's in the water on this ship. :eek: BTW....Woohoodam won!!!

Woohoo!

Thanks for checking in and letting it know how everything went.

Nah, you won't be able to just sit around in December. What will you find to do? Eat? :)

(Folk, nobody eats less on a cruise than our Cruisinetta!)

Only Joanie would come up with that question. Nothing was under the towel. It was simulating water. ;);) Sea trials were today and the Woohoodam held 24, :eek: cans of Coke. How bout that? I will send really nice pics tomorrow. We will be at Half Moon Cay and I will put the ship in the pool and take some really nice pics. We are in an unscheduled stop at Grand Turk today to let off our third patient. Wondering what's in the water on this ship. :eek: BTW....Woohoodam won!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whohoodam lived up to its name!!!!!!!!!!!

WTG my friend!!

Joanie

From Cruisinetta on Friday November 12:

The Woohoodam had another unveiling this morning. Lots of looks and applause again. Lots of pics. Quite a ship. Tried to sell tickets for inside cabins....$5. LOL Anyway, had a wonderful cruise. Now it's time to go home wash clothes and repack for the Zuiderdam next month. Oh, did not get a pic of the other ships. Forgot my camera.

Often I crop out the background to cut down on loading time, but the water shadows are so interesting I've left the photo alone. The reflections in the second one are so cool!

woohoo2.jpg

woohoo3.jpg

That ship looks amazing! What a talent you have!

One feature that we did on our winning entry several years ago, (The Lobsterdam), was that we made it move through the pool powered by twin rubber-band propellers. That was a crowd-pleaser. Perhaps you might consider adapting that?

As a relatively new addition to cruise critic, I'm a bit confused. What are these for? And what are you winning? I dont recall seeing anyone build HAL replicas for anything on our cruise?

:-)

Occasionally, they will hold a model ship building contest on board. You can have up to six people on a team, and you are restricted to using materials that can be obtained on board. The 'sea-trials' are held at the lido pool near the end of the cruise, and the audience votes by the loudest response to each entry.

The prize is primarily pride but you usually get a bag of 'dam prizes' like what is given to winning trivia team, etc.

Archived