captain's club brunch and kids

PAGA

We'll soon be going on our first Celebrity cruise with our son. My husband and I have sailed Celebrity 5 times by ourselves and our entire family has Diamond status with Royal Caribbean...which of course transfers over to Elite status on Celebrity.

On our last Celebrity cruise, there was a sea day luncheon held in one of the lounges. I believe the lunch was for all Captain's Club members. My question is this - Since Celebrity does not offer Captain's Club status to guests under age 18, will my 12 year old be able to join us at the Captain's Club lunch?

I am only inquiring about the Captain's Club lunch: Not the Elite guest perks - I know our son cannot use Michael's Club, and I would not even consider bringing him to tea service.

We'll soon be going on our first Celebrity cruise with our son. My husband and I have sailed Celebrity 5 times by ourselves and our entire family has Diamond status with Royal Caribbean...which of course transfers over to Elite status on Celebrity.

On our last Celebrity cruise, there was a sea day luncheon held in one of the lounges. I believe the lunch was for all Captain's Club members. My question is this - Since Celebrity does not offer Captain's Club status to guests under age 18, will my 12 year old be able to join us at the Captain's Club lunch?

I am only inquiring about the Captain's Club lunch: Not the Elite guest perks - I know our son cannot use Michael's Club, and I would not even consider bringing him to tea service.

I just recently got off the Summit and there was a young girl and young boy ( both about 5) who attended the Captain Club celebration (Is that the lunch you are talking about?). I don't think it would be a problem. You can always contact the captains club or just ask the hostess when you board.

I don't know of any Captains Club Lunch, they do have the brunch which is open to all passengers. Also, I don't know who told you that children under 18 cannot attain Captains Club Status but they are wrong. If your children have been on enough Royal cruises they should get their own Captains Club number and are eligible to attend the Michael Club events if elite. We just had a thread on this the other day. I had this issue many years ago with Celebrity and my children were Captains Club members with their own numbers and cards since they were 6 and 8 years old. I would definitely make sure you get your son as Elite as there are some benefits that he might want to use such as the computer time and you might want to use the laundry coupons. Each elite member in a cabin gets an envelope in their cabin with the coupons.

Don -

Interesting...we just applied for our children's Captain's Club cards in early 2010. Our daughter who is 20 was issued one, but we were told our 12 year old son was not eligible because Captain's Club benefits were exclusive to guests 18 and older. They said that when he turns 18 he will be given our Elite status, but no number or card would be assigend to him until then. I'll have to look up the thread you've mentioned...Thanks.

I don't know of any Captains Club Lunch, they do have the brunch which is open to all passengers. QUOTE]

We were on Century in January of this year and on the first sea day there was a Captain's Club luncheon in one of the lounges. On the final sea day there was a brunch for all passengers in the MDR.

Don -

Interesting...we just applied for our children's Captain's Club cards in early 2010. Our daughter who is 20 was issued one, but we were told our 12 year old son was not eligible because Captain's Club benefits were exclusive to guests 18 and older. They said that when he turns 18 he will be given our Elite status, but no number or card would be assigend to him until then. I'll have to look up the thread you've mentioned...Thanks.

If that is the case, it is a change of policy, I still have my kids cards from when they were way before 18.

... I don't think it would be a problem. You can always contact the captains club or just ask the hostess when you board.

I'd talk with the captains club host or hostess on board. The customer service staff in the office don't always have the right answers and tend to read from the rule book. The captain's club host/hostess on board are always great people and very service oriented and hospitable!

I don't know of any Captains Club Lunch, they do have the brunch which is open to all passengers. Also, I don't know who told you that children under 18 cannot attain Captains Club Status but they are wrong. If your children have been on enough Royal cruises they should get their own Captains Club number and are eligible to attend the Michael Club events if elite. We just had a thread on this the other day. I had this issue many years ago with Celebrity and my children were Captains Club members with their own numbers and cards since they were 6 and 8 years old. I would definitely make sure you get your son as Elite as there are some benefits that he might want to use such as the computer time and you might want to use the laundry coupons. Each elite member in a cabin gets an envelope in their cabin with the coupons.

The Captain's Club lunch and the Gala Brunch are two different things. The Brunch is held on a sea day, and is open to everyone. Be sure to ask your waiter when it is being held, because sometimes it is not well advertised.

On my last two cruises, the Captain's Club special event was a very nice luncheon, with entertainment. On the Mercury, it was held at 11:30 am and on the Solstice, it was held at 1:00 pm.

The best advice about elite perks for children under 18 is to ask the Captain's Club hostess when you get on board. Captain's Club guidelines can change from ship to ship. The information that you get when you call Celebrity isn't always 100% reliable, although I tend to find that the people at the Captain's Club number are much better informed than the Celebrity Vacation Planners that you get when you call the general number.

FWIW, I have seen children at the Elegant Tea (held in the specialty restaurants) for elite (and select?) cruisers.

Captain's Club Luncheon?:confused: There is the Captain's Club "Celebration"

where the Capt is introduced, along with the Capt's Club hostess and

usually the "most frequent cruiser" on that particular sailing. They

serve food and liquor and there is music as well. Its usually quite nice

and held in one of larger lounges. I was on Solstice in Sept and it

was held up in the Sky Lounge.

I have never heard of a Capt's Club Luncheon though. Is it something

new? A sit down lunch? Or is it the "Celebration"?

Captain's Club Luncheon?:confused: There is the Captain's Club "Celebration"

where the Capt is introduced, along with the Capt's Club hostess and

usually the "most frequent cruiser" on that particular sailing. They

serve food and liquor and there is music as well. Its usually quite nice

and held in one of larger lounges. I was on Solstice in Sept and it

was held up in the Sky Lounge.

I have never heard of a Capt's Club Luncheon though. Is it something

new? A sit down lunch? Or is it the "Celebration"?

i've only been invited to the captains club celebration and while some food is served, it would hardly be classified as a luncheon. is there another event i've missed?

i've only been invited to the captains club celebration and while some food is served, it would hardly be classified as a luncheon. is there another event i've missed?

Maybe they expanded the variety. While on Solstice they had a spread

which was set up near the windows of the Sky Lounge...all sorts of

food. They also had a carving station. I would say it could be

classified as enough food for lunch. Varying opinions?;)

The Celebration is one event and the Brunch in the dining room is another.

I was under the impression the original poster was asking about another

"Capt's Club Luncheon". So maybe I misunderstood as well:eek:

Maybe they expanded the variety. I was under the impression the original poster was asking about another

"Capt's Club Luncheon". So maybe I misunderstood as well:eek:

You are correct Lois. They changed the Captain's Club Cocktail Party into the celebration. I believe that is what the poster was referring to. :)

We always bring our kids to these kinds of events if they want to come, they are in the same cabin with us and we are all together. They love the music and the fun. When they were in the evening we always all went, but I think when it was during the day on the last cruise they preferred to do the teen club activities that were going on during that time.

Archived