Las Olas Blvd Restaurants

ljandiernp

Hi, Have a precruise 1 night stay booked at the Riverside Hotel. Anyone have suggestions for a nice dinner in the area (walk up to 3-4 blocks) on a Friday night at about 8-8:30 PM? How about breakfast in the AM? I have read that the hotel breakfast is a bit underwhelming for the price. Thanks, Laurie

Dinner: Johnny V's, Timpano (live music in the bar), Mango's (loud, live music), Big City Tavern, Mancini's (live music). There are many others but these are quite popular.

Breakfast: The Floridian

Le Bonne Crepe is nice for dinner and breakfast crepes.

Hi, all you need to do is walk up and down the Blvd:):D there are many

restaurants on both sides of the hotel and most have menus in their

windows so you can read what they offer and pricing too. Have

a great time and I was there in September. Had lunch at Bonne Crepe

and dinner at Johnny V's:D...pricey but soooooo worth it!

Hi RoyalCruz:)

Dinner: Johnny V's, Timpano (live music in the bar), Mango's (loud, live music), Big City Tavern, Mancini's (live music). There are many others but these are quite popular.

Breakfast: The Floridian

Le Bonne Crepe is nice for dinner and breakfast crepes.

Ditto this.

Any cheap, good restaurants? Thanks- Susie

Hi:) I think we all have our own version of cheap;). I am not sure

what you are looking for. Johnny V's is expensive (in my opinion)

but Bonne Crepe is quite reasonable in price. Most of the restaurants

have menus in their windows and you can see the pricing before

entering so you can decide what is best for you.:)

Hi:) I think we all have our own version of cheap;). I am not sure

what you are looking for. Johnny V's is expensive (in my opinion)

but Bonne Crepe is quite reasonable in price. Most of the restaurants

have menus in their windows and you can see the pricing before

entering so you can decide what is best for you.:)

Hi, I can say for sure it's not Johnny V's! I am thinking about Trata Greek Taverna; ethnic is our kind of food and there are some different things on the menu (quail) and some favorites (lamb shank with orzo in cinnamon tomato sauce). Here's the menu:

http://www.insidefortlauderdale.com/?page_id=6039-6676-Trata-Greek-Taverna-menu

Of course I can't guess what the original poster (OP) thinks of as cheap, but there is a Cheesecake Factory restaurant on the street; one can count on them to be consistent (it's a national chain) and the menu price range is likely to include things in the $16.95 area and burgers with fries or sweet potato fries for less. One thing about this restaurant is the portions are huge, so you can order and meal and split it with your tablemate and this lowers the cost considerably. This is also a good idea if you don't want a whole day's calories in one meal; their dishes are delicious but not necessarily health conscious! Here's their menu: http://cdn.thecheesecakefactory.com/resources/8bc93780405bc23e82cdea74cabaed23/StandardMenu.pdf There are no prices because they price to the local market. The OP has to keep in mind she's in a tourist trap at the height of the season and we're all a bit stuck, but we are on vacation after all. :rolleyes: Laurie

Hi, I can say for sure it's not Johnny V's! I am thinking about Trata Greek Taverna; ethnic is our kind of food and there are some different things on the menu (quail) and some favorites (lamb shank with orzo in cinnamon tomato sauce). Here's the menu:

Of course I can't guess what the original poster (OP) thinks of as cheap, but there is a Cheesecake Factory restaurant on the street; one can count on them to be consistent (it's a national chain) and the menu price range is likely to include things in the $16.95 area and burgers with fries or sweet potato fries for less. One thing about this restaurant is the portions are huge, so you can order and meal and split it with your tablemate and this lowers the cost considerably. This is also a good idea if you don't want a whole day's calories in one meal; their dishes are delicious but not necessarily health conscious! Here's their menu: http://cdn.thecheesecakefactory.com/resources/8bc93780405bc23e82cdea74cabaed23/StandardMenu.pdf There are no prices because they price to the local market. The OP has to keep in mind she's in a tourist trap at the height of the season and we're all a bit stuck, but we are on vacation after all. :rolleyes: Laurie

Hi Laurie, I was going to mention the Cheesecake Factory but forgot

about it. I enjoy them here but when I am on Las Olas I want one

of the local eateries:D

I love Cheesecake Factory even though it is a chain. None within hundreds of miles for me....so it is "local" to me whenever there is one. LOL! How far is Las Olas from Dania Beach / FLL Airport South hotels? (By taxi)

Does anyone know about the Japanese Hibachi steakhouse on Las Olas. Is it good, and how close is it to the water taxi. We are staying at Embassy Suites and would like to try a Hibachi restaurant. We will not have a car. We did plan on taking the water taxi.

It is very good, with a nicer atmosphere than Benihana. It is within 6 blocks of the water taxi (Las Olas or Riverfront stops).

• 2 weeks later...
I will be Exploring Las Olas in Jan. with my DH and DD, who's 2. Does anyone have any suggestions for (dinner) casual type restaurants that are suitable for a 2 y.o.?

There is one on a corner. I believe it's called the Oasis Cafe. It's out doors, you have a beautiful view of the ocean and you eat in a glider. Nice and relaxing and reasonably priced.

There is one on a corner. I believe it's called the Oasis Cafe. It's out doors, you have a beautiful view of the ocean and you eat in a glider. Nice and relaxing and reasonably priced.

OP,You'll want a stroller for the toddler as this is a bit of a walk for her. But yes casual and a novelty with the swings. Cheesecake Factory is very casual. And your daughter can eat off your plate as the servings are HUGE.

Is it closer to Las Olas (by taxi) from the hotels south of the airport or north of the airport?

It depends on how far the hotel is north of the airport, but Las Olas is north of the airport right in the middle of downtown Fort Lauderdale.

This hotel is not downtown or on Las Olas Blvd. It is perfect for kids, but is at the beach in Fort Lauderdale between Marriott Courtyard and Bahia Mar.

Archived