Is it true that under 18s can't join Captains Club?

uktraveller

Our DS is currently 17 but will be 18 just before we sail on Equinox next July. He is "Diamond" on RCI but this will be his first X cruise so I contacted Captain's club to get him a number before we sail and the reply I got was that they cannot enroll him now as he is under 18....even though he will be 18 by the time we sail.

There's very little time between birthday and saildate....so I'm wondering if it will be too late to "get onto the system" and get his status recognised whilst we are onboard.:confused:

Our kids were all elite before they turned 18. They have CC numbers but I don't think they have cards. Everyone in the household is carried at the same level. I think since my daughter married her status would apply to her husband who has never been on X.

It could have changed though since we joined in 2003.

Your post surprised me as my son was in Captains Club from the first time he sailed, when he was in grade school. I would try calling again - sometimes you get a person on the phone who is unfamiliar with the rules. Maybe the rules have changed in recent years, but it is worth another call - you can mention that you have heard from others whose kids are in the club. (my son was Elite, by the way, before he turned 18)

Same with my kids, all Captains Club well before they were 18....You have to push it with them, maybe ask for a supervisor. Some of the elite benefits they may appreciate such as the computer time..I would particularly emphasize that your son is Diamond on RC.

Any guest over 18 can enroll in Captains Club once they have completed their first cruise. All sailings taken before they are 18 will count towards their registration and tier level once they hit 18.

There is no youth programme as there is with C&A.

These are the current rules.

Any guest over 18 can enroll in Captains Club once they have completed their first cruise. All sailings taken before they are 18 will count towards their registration and tier level once they hit 18.

If that is the case, that is a change in their rules, if they change the rules they should at least grandfather in those who currently have CC numbers....My kids are above 18 but what if I had a kid who joined under the old rules and now was only 17. I still have my kids cards from when they were 6 and 8 years old, seperate numbers and seperate cards.

If that is the case, that is a change in their rules, if they change the rules they should at least grandfather in those who currently have CC numbers....My kids are above 18 but what if I had a kid who joined under the old rules and now was only 17. I still have my kids cards from when they were 6 and 8 years old, seperate numbers and seperate cards.

i have met many young people who were elite.. all the cruises count from day 1.. they just can not drink:D they get free laundry and internet like everyone else.

Albert,

How does this work with the reciprocal arrangements between C.Club and C&A though? If you are platinum or above on RCI you don't have to complete a sailing on X before they will register you in Captains Club. So I should be able to get him a number before we go. The problem is there's very little time between him becoming 18 and our saildate. I was hoping to avoid trying to sort it out at the last minute, but it looks like I may not have much choice.

Same with my kids, all Captains Club well before they were 18....You have to push it with them, maybe ask for a supervisor. Some of the elite benefits they may appreciate such as the computer time..I would particularly emphasize that your son is Diamond on RC.

Thanks....I will give it another try. The internet minutes would indeed be very useful.

It's particularily irritating because he will actually be 18 when we sail and it would just be so much easier if we could get a number prior to us completing our online docs.

I just checked the web site and it states you have to be 18 when you enroll. This clearly was never the case based upon all those who have reported their kids were members. I think it brings up the issue of those on RC who are going on their first cruise and might be elite but under 18. It really is not fair for Celebrity to have different standards for membership for RC and Celebrity or for adults vs non-adults. Perhaps they did it when they started the Elite Cocktail hour but I would complain if I had to deal with this again..

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/home.do;jsessionid=0000iXgkgU5zQW0GpCX9PtxZxRu:12hdebdrn?cS=NAVBAR

I just checked the web site and it states you have to be 18 when you enroll. This clearly was never the case based upon all those who have reported their kids were members. I think it brings up the issue of those on RC who are going on their first cruise and might be elite but under 18. It really is not fair for Celebrity to have different standards for membership for RC and Celebrity or for adults vs non-adults. Perhaps they did it when they started the Elite Cocktail hour but I would complain if I had to deal with this again..

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/home.do;jsessionid=0000iXgkgU5zQW0GpCX9PtxZxRu:12hdebdrn?cS=NAVBAR

Don,

I just looked at your link...and it clearly states membership is only open to TWO adults over age 18 living at the same address. That implies he won't be able to register as a C.Club member at all since DH and I are already members and he lives at home with us!!!

Don,

I just looked at your link...and it clearly states membership is only open to TWO adults over age 18 living at the same address. That implies he won't be able to register as a C.Club member at all since DH and I are already members and he lives at home with us!!!

I would complain anyway, that is really not fair, he earned it.

Archived