Whats the very latest on Ventura pls

buddy 27

Now before anyone goes mad and says this subject has been covered many times!, I would just like to know what the very latest rules that

P and O are insisting on, for the taking of alcohol onto the Ventura whilst on the Caribbean Crusie etc. We are due to join her on the 18th December. Can anyone tell me if this is still being allowed as previous threads stated that it wasnt or not going to be..

Also can anyone also tell me if they are doing the Soda deals (Coke/Fanta etc) as they have done previously. I need to know (him, alcohol) and she needs to know soft drinks! LOL or did you already guess that :)!

Thanks in anticipation.

Buddy

Now before anyone goes mad and says this subject has been covered many times!, I would just like to know what the very latest rules that

P and O are insisting on, for the taking of alcohol onto the Ventura whilst on the Caribbean Crusie etc. We are due to join her on the 18th December. Can anyone tell me if this is still being allowed as previous threads stated that it wasnt or not going to be..

Also can anyone also tell me if they are doing the Soda deals (Coke/Fanta etc) as they have done previously. I need to know (him, alcohol) and she needs to know soft drinks! LOL or did you already guess that :)!

Thanks in anticipation.

Buddy

The brochure we read singled out Ventura for the no Alcohol policy, however our personalised holiday info brochure just received doesnt mention it. Others have said that they have been on Ventura and found there is no enforcement so perhaps this is just a fall back in case they feel the need to put restrictions into action.

We were on Azura earlier in the year and you could get soda deals in the cabin....think it was buy 6 and one of them is free.

We took a bottle of champagne and a litre of vodka in our hand luggage without any problems 4 weeks ago on Ventura but with the prices on board we wouldn't bother again. A litre of Vodka for example was only £9 so it's not worth the hassle.

Hi,

Do you mean you can buy spirits on board to drink in the cabin? this is a new concept to us as on RCI and princess they do not allow this.

They do spirits packages for your room on Princess via room service, but they are expensive and subject to 15% gratuity. :)

On P&O a litre of Bombay Sapphire is £12.00. Order from your cabin steward or room service.

Ultimately, you need to read your cruise contract as that defines what is allowed and what is not allowed. For example, on Princess, their WEB site implies that you can take 1 bottle of wine while their cruise contract clearly states that you can bring as much as you want.

I would suggest that if their WEB site is unclear, print out and take the cruise contract with you.

DON

As I have said before - there is NO way they will take my champagne (bought from Manchester duty free) off me. There is nothing in my pre cruise info to say no alcohol.

I will of course be buying my Gin from P&O as it is cheaper and more convenient. Just wish I could carry the tonic!

Caryl

Thanks in anticipation.

Buddy

Hi,

We came back from the Caribbean on Saturday and were on Azura and as far as I know there were no restrictions, as other people have said the drinks available on the interactive tv system are reasonably priced. The deal on the soda was to buy 9 and get 3 free but are small 75 ml tins at £0.75 each, the other deal available for soda from the bars was 20 large (pints) lemonade or coke for £30.00.

Raymondo111

• 3 weeks later...

On Ventura Nov/Dec

Soda cards no longer available.

If you arrive early in Barbados buy a bottle of Liquor at the port. If you order from the Cabin Steward they will not deliver it until the ship departs Barbados; a problem for Friday arrivals.

No problem at all in taking booze bought onshore to your cabin.

Cb

Archived