New Platinum (Milestone?) gift on the Dream

Tom-n-Cheryl

We just got off the Dream this morning. As Don (DGP1111) posted on the thread for the "new Platinum gift on the Glory", early on in this Dream sailing we received what was either a new Milestone or Platinum gift in our cabins. We are all Milestone cruisers so I can't say if this is just for those with 25+ sailings, or for all Platinum and Milestone cruisers.

We received two in our cabin. They were definitely bulky at 13.5" x 11" x 2.5" each. I saw them in the Formalities shop for sale at (I think) $19.95 each. Inside of this (wasteful packing/space) was a pack of 4 cardboard photo holders (with what appears to be 4 envelopes) and a plastic (5.5" x 8" x 2") Funship Freddy figurine.

1106107623_pvMQ4-M.jpg

1106107248_2ZUqn-M.jpg

1106107538_tfTzk-M.jpg

1106107507_dng6X-M.jpg

1106107236_qZbeK-M.jpg

It is an interesting gift, though for us not particularly useful.

AT LEAST IT IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT!! :D

Tom

looks like a gift for kids...not adults...at least not my taste. And I'm NOT picky. I'm easy to get along with.

To me the best perks for being platinum are VIP boarding and debark and my ship pins.

We've used the laundry service a couple of times...no biggie...I'm too picky about laundry anyway.

Those plates of food they send suck and come at odd times. We never touch them.

I'd rather have a picture coupon, drink coupon or some kind of discount coupon for something I would actually use or want.

They are trying to do something nice and it's a waste of money. Oh well! As someone else said I"d probably give them away to someone I meet on the ship with kids.

Just my 2 cents.

YUCK.... Its just more picture frames... different version, but still picture frames!!!

I'm just wondering if between the soda and this if Carnival might have just finally run out of the picture frames and haven't yet come up with the new Platinum/Milestone gifts so they are just throwing in whatever they can right now... Sure hope thats right cause even at 19.95 this doesn't do anything for me...

I think a couple of REAL drink coupons *(full priced, not the coupons where you must add money to them for today's prices) would be really nice

a choice...free drink/s or free coffee or a credit to the coffee shop

maybe a 1/2 price off the steakhouse...or a bottle of wine with dinner

something that people might want to use

That cant be a platinum or milestone gift for real can it? Ok for one.... cardboard and two... funship Freddy is just DISTURBING!!!! Give me a $10 ONC credit or something... that is BAD!!!!!! Let's just hope the powers that be see this thing... I mean.... REALLY?

How lovely:rolleyes: I just turned Platinum on my last cruise and received the picture frame that I actually do like.. but more than one is a bit much.. my house is not a Carnival museum:rolleyes:...I think this new gift is more generated towards kids.. I don't have them and I don't want plastic figures around my house... As mentioned why doesn't Carnival give a list of things for Platinum and Milestone pax and you are able to choose.. maybe something from the gift shop within their price range:confused:

Folks really do need to slow down, just take a breath and relax about this. John H has this evening again posted on his Facebook page that he knows nothing of these rumored changes and will check during his meeting tomorrow with the beards. To say that the changes are fleet wide is a bit premature with it only being reported on two different ships and with different gifts on each ship.

Folks really do need to slow down, just take a breath and relax about this. John H has this evening again posted on his Facebook page that he knows nothing of these rumored changes and will check during his meeting tomorrow with the beards. To say that the changes are fleet wide is a bit premature with it only being reported on two different ships and with different gifts on each ship.

Well whatever the gifts they are giving are getting old.. they need to change it up and if they are doing that and giving those gifts drink coupons and a childs gift.. I think corporate needs to give their heads a shake... or are we sailing dollarama???

YUCK.... Its just more picture frames... different version, but still picture frames!!!

I'm just wondering if between the soda and this if Carnival might have just finally run out of the picture frames and haven't yet come up with the new Platinum/Milestone gifts so they are just throwing in whatever they can right now... Sure hope thats right cause even at 19.95 this doesn't do anything for me...

GO SEMINOLES !!!!! This was a great year !!!! ...I just love your pic !!!

Archived