Favorite precruise hotel fort lauderdale

purple60

I'd like some ideas for favorite moderately priced precruise hotel in fort lauderdale. I'd love to be near the beach, but I'd consider other options as well since I am cruising in February, doubt the weather would be great for the beach anyway.

Last 2 years in Florida in Feb. was cold. If your just doing the night before, the Renaissance was a beautiful place to stay. Great Italian food across the parking lot called Bravo. Plus a car rental. Booked it on priceline and got it for 129. in Feb.

I'd like some ideas for favorite moderately priced precruise hotel in fort lauderdale. I'd love to be near the beach, but I'd consider other options as well since I am cruising in February, doubt the weather would be great for the beach anyway.

Am staying in Hollywood at the 4* Westin Diplomat (15 mins south of the airport/cruiseport). Booked through Hotwire and rates were $99/night. Was given the golf/spa location but a quick call to the hotel and they gladly moved us to the beach location.

We also rented a car through Thrifty and got good rates from their Hot Deals, they have a location right at the cruiseport which is convenient and this way we avoid cabs.

I've stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. Decent hotel for a pre or post cruise stay. Booked on priceline for $70, but upgraded after I arrived to a room overlooking the port for an add'l $40. You can step out on your balcony and see the ships as they approach the inlet and you have a direct view of all ships in port. It's about 5 minutes from the entrance to Port Everglades and it's on the Intracoastal waterway. About 10 minutes from the airport.

We love the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina. But it's usually too pricy. I booked us the Hyatt Place North for our next cruise. It's very convenient for last-minute shopping--with Total Wine and a grocery store just a block away. And it's walking distance to the 17th Street bridge. We always like to see the other ships in port in the morning before finishing our packing and checking out. Free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port plus free breakfast. I got it through Hotwire for a good price.

For our last Fort Lauderdale cruise, I booked us the Riverside through Priceline. It's on Las Olas, so it's a little bit out of the way. We were arriving late, so we did not really want to do anything other than sleep and then get ready to board the ship. We shared a car service with others staying there and ended up making good friends with a couple of our fellow passengers while waiting and on the ride over to the port.

But knowing that we could end up with the Riverside by bidding on Priceline is why I jumped at the chance to book the Hyatt Place North through Hotwire.

Has anyone used the HI Express at 1150 state road 84 in FLL?

How about the Candlewood Suites next door. 1120 SR 84?

There is supposed to be shopping center across the road, is it any good for general shopping? (water, liquor, forgotten sundries?)

Thanks!

See you on the Allure!

Bill

If I may jump in, just booked the Marriott Beach and Spa for our Jan Cruise; has anyone stayed there? I booked it without even knowing anything about it. Used Marriott Points. thanks in advance.

We are actually flying from Boston on Feb. 9th. We had booked our airfare awhile ago on Jetblue but it has now fallen to $84. It only took one quick call and a credit was issued right away to what they call our travel bank. We now have a great start towards our next flight. Maybe free?????

We have stayed at the Extended Stay America previously because we arrived very late the night before and the price was right $85 less $10 coupon from their website. This time we are going to stay in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea to enjoy 4 days at the beach.

Booked our shows,also Nachi Cocom for Cozumel and now we are thinking about the Rita's Fiesta Party on Wed.

Getting excited!!!

We stayed at Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina for the December 5-12 Inaugural cruise....WE loved Loved Loved this Hotel...They had a couple places to eat one right on the intercoastal watching boats come in and out. Thye had a oriental place to eat. There were beautiful gigantic Yachts anchored there...Just beautiful!!! Then we upgraded and got the perfect room overlooking the 17th st bridge it was great couldnt slepp woke up at 3am and aboput 4:30am the Allure came into port..Great Views, Great Beds great everything....Its a little expensive but I think well worth it!!!:D

While a bit pricey, the Westin Diplomat is nice, although there is no hotel shuttle to/from the airport or pier so you'd have to take a cab.

Otherwise, the FLL Airport Hilton is nice, moderately priced, comfortable and shuttle service available.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was fine. It's across from a strip mall with a very good Thai restaurant, a Dunkin Donuts, and a supermarket where I happily bought a case of water to bring onboard. The hotel was nice (nothing fancy). It was very crowded and hectic on Sunday morning with tons of people going to the port, but that wasn't the hotel's fault. There was a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the airport.

We love Embassy Suites on 17th street. Free cocktails in the evening for a couple hours + free cooked to order breakfast. It's right across the street from a grocery store & total wine store as well.

Jan

I agree, we always stay here y ou cannot beat the free cooked to order breakfast!

Archived