Question about amenities

I am sure this has been discussed before and I am not trying to start a war of words between the "trolls" and the "RCCL cheerleaders". I just want to know if RCCL still provides shampoo and body wash in balcony cabins. An earlier post said it is only provided to those passengers in suites. Can a recent JOS cruiser answer this question for me. Thanks.

Just off Mariner this morning in a D2 balcony cabin. Only toiletrie provided was shampoo dispenser in shower, which also worked as bodywash. There was no lotion, no disposable shower cap, conditioner, etc. Since we're Platinum, we did get robes.

Patricia

It's never bothered me. If you stay at a hotel the day before, just bring some from there. If not pack some in your luggage or just use what they have onboard. It's not the greatest but it gets the job done. Don't let something that small ruin your vacation!

We are going EOS for the first time, and it seems to me the more I hear about the nickel and dime-ing, amenities not being included the more discouraged I am getting. Is it really that bad?

Since I started sailing RCCL (that was 8 years ago), all they've ever provided in a regular cabin was shampoo and a bar of soap. Not anything new going on there.

I like my Oil of Olay Body wash,

and my Biologe shampoo.

I have yet found anyone having anything,

similar to that, even in a suite.

So I always bring my own.

You can come up and get my

little bottles of foo foo shampoo poo. :o

:rolleyes:

Oooooh YEAH, love that Oil of Olay body wash, too. Bring my own scrubbie, too. I don't like using "unknown" products. I like my stuff. Gold Bond healing body cream, too. Makes your skin like a baby's.

Actually, we were quite surprised on our Jewel cruise last month to receive hotel size bottles of shampoo, conditioner & body lotion in our E2 balcony. It's the only time we've ever received stuff like that in a regular cabin. We didn't use any of it, like others who've replied we prefer our own brands.

Sherri:)

Actually, we were quite surprised on our Jewel cruise last month to receive hotel size bottles of shampoo, conditioner & body lotion in our E2 balcony. It's the only time we've ever received stuff like that in a regular cabin. We didn't use any of it, like others who've replied we prefer our own brands.

Sherri:)

The cabin stewards collect what is unused by suite and D+ guests as guests have left the ship then they give them to guests as a way to improve tips. We were doing our own version of a "cabin crawl" on the last day and saw them with bags collecting the unused bottles.

We are going EOS for the first time, and it seems to me the more I hear about the nickel and dime-ing, amenities not being included the more discouraged I am getting. Is it really that bad?

I actually don't understand people expecting toiletries? Wouldn't you bring your own along if you went to vacation at a friend's home? When did it become an expectation rather than something hotels started to try to distinguish themselves?

I would never go on vacation assuming something like that is available and even if it were what if it worked poorly on my hair? I've used some pretty rotten shampoo freebies before and regretted it- Limp, greasy hair or dried out frizza.. Ugh! Take your own.

The cabin stewards collect what is unused by suite and D+ guests as guests have left the ship then they give them to guests as a way to improve tips. We were doing our own version of a "cabin crawl" on the last day and saw them with bags collecting the unused bottles.

LOL, that could explain the odd ball assortment of toiletries left in our cabin last cruise. We didn't need it nor take it, so perhaps someone who came unprepared used it next?

I actually don't understand people expecting toiletries? Wouldn't you bring your own along if you went to vacation at a friend's home? When did it become an expectation rather than something hotels started to try to distinguish themselves?

I would never go on vacation assuming something like that is available and even if it were what if it worked poorly on my hair? I've used some pretty rotten shampoo freebies before and regretted it- Limp, greasy hair or dried out frizza.. Ugh! Take your own.

because it has been standard policy in the travel industry for years. when i worked at a hotel, (director of sales) we were graded on (ie stars) what type of amenities we had for our guests. this would include soap, shower gel, shampoo, wash cloths, hair dryers, etc. you would loose points if items were missing.

Bring your own and be certain of what you're going to have -- especially shampoo and conditioner. The quality of these items on cruise ships is always low.

Good enough for me.;) But then again, I don't frequent spas!

Well, I am not staying at a friends house. Friends don't charge me $100 a night to stay at their house. I am staying at a hotel at sea; hotels provide amenities; like shampoo and bath soap. But, I'll bring my own. Hopefully, they won't call me to the naughty room to make me prove I have shampoo in my shampoo bottle and not alcohol.

Well, I am not staying at a friends house. Friends don't charge me $100 a night to stay at their house. I am staying at a hotel at sea; hotels provide amenities; like shampoo and bath soap. But, I'll bring my own. Hopefully, they won't call me to the naughty room to make me prove I have shampoo in my shampoo bottle and not alcohol.

You do get the shampoo in the dispenser on the shower wall, and you get bath soap. The dispenser can be used as a conditioning body wash, too. I think it's actually pretty good stuff. I ran out of my own and used it.

Bring your own and be certain of what you're going to have -- especially shampoo and conditioner. The quality of these items on cruise ships is always low.

Ahh, come on Mrs. Pete! I don't think the shampoo in the dispenser is low quality. It actually has too much conditioner in it for me -I use the cheapest stuff I can find on the shelf at the store at home and the RCL dispenser stuff makes my hair too soft. (So I pack a bottle of cheap shampoo.) The bar soap is... well, bar soap. That doesn't make it low quality.

And, fyi, the toiletries on Disney ships (provided in all cabin categories) is top shelf! I don't remember the brand names but I remember the gals thought it was great. So to say all cruise ship items are low quality just ain't so.

When I first heard about nudists' cruises, I thought it was gross. Now I'm having second thoughts. By the time I pack my own washcloths, my own shampoo & soap and my own beach towel (so I won't be charged for failing to return the ship's towel), I won't have room left in my suitcase for clothes!

Archived