Do you like the new layout of the RoyalCaribbean website?

b&wcruiser

The thing that irritates me most about the new design is that the Pre-Cruise Planner has disappeared from the "My Cruises" page. I had previously purchased some shore excursions from there and now I have to "back door it" (C&A rep words) through the home page in order to see the purchases / calendar.

Also, did a ghost booking to check for price drops and it appears to be fine until you get to the cabin selection part. Didn't care for that section at all.

I guess we will have to get used to it, I don't like the way you look for cabins it makes it seem much more complicated. I usually look at it every day and just seems a lot more button pushing to get to where you want.

Just my thoughts

Brian J

Exactly! Not very user friendly at all!

Like anything new, you need to play with it until you are familiar with it. Unless I missed it, in my opinion, I would have thought that RCL would have sent a general survey to its' Diamond & Diamond + members seeking input for suggested improvements to the website.

I found the new site easy to figure out for looking up cruise fares - which is what I mostly do when I don't have an actual booking made.

I just think they'd be better off using a picture of the ship, rather than a generic photo of people with the ship's name underneath, in the search results.

After my initial post this morning of it not being very user friendly, I decided to play around in it. After messing around for a while and clicking different buttons to see where it would take me, it's not really that bad. Things change with time and sometimes we have to adapt to new changes. My suggestion is before you are ready to book a cruise go and play around in it for a little while to get use to it and after a short while it will begin to be old hat like the old layout. At my job they change our online systems and things all the time and we just have to learn to use it, deal with it and move on, because it's not going to change back. I plan on being well familiar with this new setup before I book my next cruise!

I'm not impressed with the new site......The old site was bad in terms of functionality and speed.....the new site is even worse.

There are some really bad pages where info boxes are on top of one another and you can't see all of the text on the main page.

I have also found that you sometimes end up back at square one when you just want to navigate back a page.

Doesn't seem too bad to me after playing around on it for a little bit. If I was a new customer of RCI's and had never been to their old site, I think I might like the new way of searching for a cruise. I remember being completely overwhelmed when first checking the RCI site a couple of years ago. When you have no knowledge of the different classes of ships and what they each offer, when you have no idea of what sails from where, when you don't know Cozumel from Ocho Rios, it can all be pretty confusing. The new site seems like an easier way for newbees to work through matching up what you want with what they have.

Looks - A+

Functionality - D-

Absolutely! It's a pain in the neck using the cruise search function. I put in the month and year, ship and itinerary I wanted and the results I got included EVERY cruise for that particular month. RCCL really needs to hire some IT people who know what they're doing.

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Too many wasted key strokes, takes too much time to get simple information.

HAte having to move the arrows back and forth to view the entire page.

This web page looks a lot like Carnivals

What was wrong with the most recent web page????:eek::eek::eek:

I like it. You can now select a range of months rather than just one. and you can select how many days ie 6 to 9 - rather than having to select ie exactly 7 days or exactly 8 days etc - too time consuming if you are looking at, say, anything over 7 days. Multiple selections are great.:D

Archived