Enroute for the Jan 5, 2011 sailing and have some last minute questions

tahiti tripper

I have been reading threads and have two questions. I noted that travelers book the PG excursions in advance. We had thought we would do that when we board. Is it best to do this prior to getting there? If so, perhaps already too late and we'll have to take our chances with what's still available? Also, I'm still unsure of appropriate attire in the evenings. I keep hearing it's very casual during the day, but just HOW dressy is it for dinner?

You can make your excursion reservations on the ship but I would do them as soon as you can. I believe you can cancel within 12 or 24 hours and still get your $$ back. Some did fill up.

There is a captain's reception one evening which was the only time I saw sport jackets and few suits. I was comfortable in my Dockers and nice shirt.

We got back from our cruise yesterday and had only booked one excursion before we left. We had absolutely no problem booking other when aboard. When one excursion was sold out ( a helmet dive in Mo'orea), the tour desk just organised a second lot going in the afternoon.

As to clothes, I found that I took too many with me. I needed and used dresses and pants and top for the evenings, but had brought too many "day" clothes which I hardly ever wore as I spent most of the day time in a swimsuit and cover up or pareo.

I hope to get it done this week. We didn't get back until late last night and that was without our luggage which decided it wanted to stay on in Los Angeles. I have just finished unpacking and am going to have a large glass of wine, although sadly it won't be served by the lovely Junar or Hernie who were outstanding in the service they offered on board.

You may need to book tours on the ship for the first three places you will visit as there are no local tour operators at port. The other islands you will have plenty of time to explore by yourself if you like.

Dining dress is anything but jeans and shorts. A sundress or skirt and blouse, nice slacks and tops will do. We were able to book all of our excursions once on board. Don't stress. You will have fun!

Exactly! I wore white capris a few nights and also a couple of dresses. Didn't bring any long pants - we traveled in early Feb.

We planned our trip in 5 days and as such didn't have any excursions planned let along researched. We just chose when we got there. A couple were full, but we just did something else. We rented cars on Bora Bora and Moorea, I loved that as I got to go where I wanted!

Have a fabulous trip! I'm green with envy!!

• 1 month later...

Oh. There's a link at the top of the page, right at the top, in the orange area, on the right. If you click through you should see the link, "Write a Review", which will ask you to choose the ship, etc. You should be able to cut and paste most of your stuff there, plus some minor additional information that you fill out.

Archived