Crown & Anchor Society level changes

On my Freedom cruise in November I was in a GS and I am D+ so had access to those reserved seats in the theatre.....they were empty all week as they are not very good seats....in my opinion. The reserved pool seating was ridiculous as it was located on the ROOF of the Pool Bar, or the Sky Bar (I can't remember) and on an even slightly windy day, you would have been blown over :eek:

Sorry but you are wrong. I know from experience.

I got my Captain's club number on Celebrity BEFORE my first cruise. They looked it up and saw that I was D+ on RCI and gave me my number and told me I now had full elite benefits which I did on my one and only cruise on X. In fact we were even invited to eat at the captains table with some officers - not the captain.

Also, on RCI now you do NOT have to complete your first cruise to enroll. You have to be ON your first cruise to enroll. I encouraged new cruisers to RCI to enroll on our recent transatlantic. They did enroll on the cruise, had a "gold" sticker placed on their seapass and were given a gold C&A discount booklet.

Gina

Gina,

Yep, I agree with you. We have not yet sailed Celebrity but when I booked I told them we were Diamond on RCCL and they already made us Elite.......can't wait to see what their loyalty program consists of.

Patty

As you said, we will still be able to use the CL during the day. You can pick up a quick continental breakfast with cappuccino, snag a cookie in the afternoon on a sea day and still have Diego make your reservations/troubleshoot for you. You'll just have to be out between 5:00 & 8:30. We'll have more room, better views and (from what I heard, anyway) the same drinks and munchies as we would have had being crammed cheek by jowl in the CL.

I'm betting that a few of the suite guests will be joining us, too.:D

Oh now wait a minute. Why do we have to share with THEM? Only kidding, a lot of the suite quests are D+ anyways. I hope that they do provide the munchies, but sadly my waistline doesn't. Does the book for this year have the BOGO coupon for Chops in it?

Gina,

Yep, I agree with you. We have not yet sailed Celebrity but when I booked I told them we were Diamond on RCCL and they already made us Elite.......can't wait to see what their loyalty program consists of.

Patty

I think that you will be impressed. We sailed Mercury for the first time this May and It seemed that they did everything possible to "steal" us away from Royal. We have another X booked because we enjoyed the service so much. And talk about the LA showing up at Michael's in the evening, WOW, she practically became a member of our little group.

I just received in the mail my D Plus package (new C&A cards, 4 luggage tags, and 2 D plus pins). I took two short cruises this December to "make the cut". It appears that was a smart strategy. Just waiting to see what changes will be made to my newly acquired D plus status. Nothing in the mailing alluded to that and was full of a lot of the current D plus benefits we would be entitled to. Not sure that those will be true after the rumored changes. Although, I was told (via phone to C&A) I would "absolutely" be grandfathered. Just don't know if the D+ level benefits will look the same as it does today.

i just received in the mail my D Plus package (new C&A cards, 4 luggage tags, and 2 D plus pins). I took two short cruises this December to "make the cut". It appears that was a smart strategy. Just waiting to see what changes will be made to my newly acquired D plus status. Nothing in the mailing alluded to that and was full of a lot of D plus benefits we would be entitled to. Not sure that those will be true after the rumored changes. Although, I was told (via phone to C&A) I would "absolutely" be grandfathered. Just don't know if the D+ will look the same as it does today.

Congratulations. It makes me really happy to see that you made it in December, that way, I know someone is lower than me:p No, really, congrats. I'm keeping my fingures crossed that I made it in time.

I think that you will be impressed. We sailed Mercury for the first time this May and It seemed that they did everything possible to "steal" us away from Royal. We have another X booked because we enjoyed the service so much. And talk about the LA showing up at Michael's in the evening, WOW, she practically became a member of our little group.

Wow.......now I'm getting excited about our next cruise. We haven't sailed any line except RCCL and we were looking for a change so thought we'd start by trying Celebrity. There's a lot of lines out there to try but I think we just got so wrapped up trying to become Diamond which we have been for our last 3 cruises, but unfortunatly, the cheap wine, champ and peanuts they serve at the NEW Diamond Event doesn't cut it..........only thing worthwhile to us now is the Balcony Discount so we'll cruise RCCL only when we want to and won't worry about trying to become D+

Thanks for the information on Celebrity.

Patty

Congratulations. It makes me really happy to see that you made it in December, that way, I know someone is lower than me:p No, really, congrats. I'm keeping my fingures crossed that I made it in time.
Thanks for the congrats. I knew about the rumored changes after our Sept. Med cruise. I was not planning anymore cruises this year. After realizing I was only 5 cruise credits away, and the Diamonds in December Promo was coming up - I booked a quick B2B on the Navigator. I had to cruise solo on the first leg for 2 cruise credits (the wife did not have enough vacation) and the wife joined me for the 2nd leg. I had a GS on the 2nd leg which netted 3 more cruise credits for the necessary 5 credits I needed. Those cruises ended Dec. 18th and has already posted to my cruise history and upgraded us to D Plus.

I received the D Plus packet today.

And, because of the first leg being my 20th cruise, I received the coveted Glass Block!!!

On my Freedom cruise in November I was in a GS and I am D+ so had access to those reserved seats in the theatre.....they were empty all week as they are not very good seats....in my opinion. The reserved pool seating was ridiculous as it was located on the ROOF of the Pool Bar, or the Sky Bar (I can't remember) and on an even slightly windy day, you would have been blown over :eek:
Did not know that there were reserved seats for D+ -- thought it was only for suites.

Did not know that there were reserved seats for D+ -- thought it was only for suites.

The reserved seats in the theater are for suites and D+. The reserved area around the pool is for suites only.

Wow.......now I'm getting excited about our next cruise. We haven't sailed any line except RCCL and we were looking for a change so thought we'd start by trying Celebrity. There's a lot of lines out there to try but I think we just got so wrapped up trying to become Diamond which we have been for our last 3 cruises, but unfortunatly, the cheap wine, champ and peanuts they serve at the NEW Diamond Event doesn't cut it..........only thing worthwhile to us now is the Balcony Discount so we'll cruise RCCL only when we want to and won't worry about trying to become D+

Thanks for the information on Celebrity.

Patty

I'm sure you already know that Michael's is cocktails in the evening, not just wine. Also, make sure that you go in the morning, you can get Baily's in your special coffee or a bloody mary. They will have fruit and pastries and then you can jump next door and get an omlet to finish off your breakfast in style.

rascalious We did a "run" in November. We also got our block while on it. I hope that we both made the right decision and get lucky. If not, well, I can see myself cruising on X a lot more unless they also revamp.

Can't help but agree with you. We're Diamond and just returned from our first cruise on RCI in almost two years. Were very unimpressed with the Diamond lounge -- cheap wine, cheap champagne, peanuts on the table (no nice appetizers like in the CL). Overall, we thought that Diamonds were treated like second-class citizens. We may cruise RCI again but it sure won't be for the loyalty program and have no real desire to try for Diamond Plus. We've found that Celebrity has a very nice loyalty program and will probably stick with them until RCI gets its act together.

If you have enough money to cruise a lot, then you are luckier than most people. That seems like a reward in itself. I feel that ALL passengers should be treated the same. Everyone pays, so they should be treated with the same first class service. I don't want/need the roped off sections to be "saved" for my level or a "special " boarding area, that makes lower level people feel like second-class passengers. I actually cringe when I see them. Balcony discounts and coupon books are enough perks, and they are not, "in your face", perks. I think RC will have a hard time getting new cruisers when there is a "tiered" system that skims services for the lower levels. Cruising should be the ultimate experience for everyone imo. It's the only way the cruise lines will survive.

If you have enough money to cruise a lot, then you are luckier than most people. That seems like a reward in itself. I feel that ALL passengers should be treated the same. Everyone pays, so they should be treated with the same first class service. I don't want/need the roped off sections to be "saved" for my level or a "special " boarding area, that makes lower level people feel like second-class passengers. I actually cringe when I see them. Balcony discounts and coupon books are enough perks, and they are not, "in your face", perks. I think RC will have a hard time getting new cruisers when there is a "tiered" system that skims services for the lower levels. Cruising should be the ultimate experience for everyone imo. It's the only way the cruise lines will survive.

I understand your point of view, but respectfully disagree. Tiered / a la carte services are not unique to RCI, but are an industry trend and the wave of the future (IMO). Everyone pays, but they do not all pay the same amount. I personally have no issues with those spending big $ getting perks. Kind of like those who choose to fly first class.

I would disagree with you view, because everyone pays, but certainly not the same! And when I was one of the "lower level people", I never felt the perks were "in your face"...in fact, it made me think that one day, I'd like to get a suite to get x, y and z.

A tiered system is what we have...everywhere.

I like the tiered system. It makes me want to cruise more and longer!

The only thing that bothers me is that I was a single cruise (well, it would have to be in a suite) away from Diamond. Now, if I want to move to Diamond in one cruise, it needs to be at least a 9-day in a suite. But it's okay, I am happy with Emerald... this gives me a reason to cruise more! :D And I think it will actually help me out in the long run because we like to do 9 or 10 day cruises, which in the old system wasn't long enough for the double credit.

I like RCI's loyalty program much better than Carnival's. On Carnival, you have to go on ten cruises (doesn't matter how long or what room) before you're considered Platinum. And their Gold members hardly get any benefits.... just a little party in the afternoon and a gold colored card.

I would disagree with you view, because everyone pays, but certainly not the same! And when I was one of the "lower level people", I never felt the perks were "in your face"...in fact, it made me think that one day, I'd like to get a suite to get x, y and z.

A tiered system is what we have...everywhere.

I really like your CC name. If you book for me, will "he pay"? Well, it was worth a shot. My name should be "he books because he's addicted".

I understand your point of view, but respectfully disagree. Tiered / a la carte services are not unique to RCI, but are an industry trend and the wave of the future (IMO). Everyone pays, but they do not all pay the same amount. I personally have no issues with those spending big $ getting perks. Kind of like those who choose to fly first class.

Well put.

Oh now wait a minute. Why do we have to share with THEM? Only kidding, a lot of the suite quests are D+ anyways. I hope that they do provide the munchies, but sadly my waistline doesn't. Does the book for this year have the BOGO coupon for Chops in it?

I don't know yet. I suspect that they'll still be using the coupons that expired on December 31. I know that other coupon books were in circulation long after they supposedly expired.:)

I don't know yet. I suspect that they'll still be using the coupons that expired on December 31. I know that other coupon books were in circulation long after they supposedly expired.:)

Oh, not good. We already made an online reservation for Chops first night. Oh well. Guess I can afford 25 bucks:rolleyes:

Oh, not good. We already made an online reservation for Chops first night. Oh well. Guess I can afford 25 bucks:rolleyes:

You can cancel your reservation online and rebook it for 1 (if that's what you want to do). I wouldn't pay an extra $25 if I didn't have to.

While on Explorer last month, I asked the Crown & Anchor rep about this. She told me that reciprocity is there from your first cruise with the other line. According to her,you should call RCI and get a Crown and Anchor number and then have that number entered on your reservation and you will be at the equal level on your first cruise. I hope she gave me the correct info, but that is what she said.

Perhaps this is one of the changes that they plan to institute. But when I contacted CAS two months ago, that was one of the requirements to get equivalent recognition. In the CAS website (as of January 4) on Royal Caribbean, it's still one of the perks of being a member of Platinum level or above. It's the fifth one down under Cruise Planning Benefits, listed as "Matching Celebrity Cruises' Captain's Club member benefits".

I just received in the mail my D Plus package (new C&A cards, 4 luggage tags, and 2 D plus pins). I took two short cruises this December to "make the cut". It appears that was a smart strategy. Just waiting to see what changes will be made to my newly acquired D plus status. Nothing in the mailing alluded to that and was full of a lot of the current D plus benefits we would be entitled to. Not sure that those will be true after the rumored changes. Although, I was told (via phone to C&A) I would "absolutely" be grandfathered. Just don't know if the D+ level benefits will look the same as it does today.

When did you sail? We sailed 12/5 to make d+ and still have not have received the D+ package. Thanks

Archived