Amenity Kit

NickCDN

Does HAL provide an in cabin amenity kit?

While sailing on other cruise lines, a single shaver, hand soap, shaving cream, and some aspirin has been provided in the stateroom. I am always worried that I will forget some of these important items and am curious if HAL has these amenities in the cabin.

Thanks

NickCDN

Does HAL provide an in cabin amenity kit?

While sailing on other cruise lines, a single shaver, hand soap, shaving cream, and some aspirin has been provided in the stateroom. I am always worried that I will forget some of these important items and am curious if HAL has these amenities in the cabin.

Thanks

NickCDN

I have not seen that on Princess, HAL, Cunard or NCL.

You will have the following in the bathroom: hand soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

The Elemis products for all cabins include:

1.7 ounce bottle - Pure Shine Shampoo - infused with the aroma of Lime, Basil, and Grapefruit.

1.7 ounce bottle - Pro-Vitamin Conditioner - a citrus experience that replenishes with conditioning Vitamin B5 Panthenol.

1.7 ounce bottle - Sharp Shower and Bath Gel - an aroma-therapeutic blend of Mint, Charmonile, Wild Marjoram, Nettle and Thyme in a Mineral rich Sea Salt base.

1.7 ounce bottle of Vitamin Rich-Body Lotion - infused with Vitamin-rich Wheat Germ, Carrot and Sweet Almond Oil.

For the Face: Citrus Soap Slice - pure Glycerin soap is lightly infused with the aroma of Grapefruit, Basil, Clove and Lime.

For the Body: pure zest cleansing soap - infused with nature's own Lime, Clove Leaf, Lavender and Rosemary Extracts in Palm Oil.

Two ships that I know of now have the dispensers at the bath/shower for the shampoo, conditioner and bath gel -- Nieuw Amsterdam ans someone reported that the dispensers were being added onto the Noordam.

I am probably in the minority here but I liked having the dispensers of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the shower and tub on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Always had trouble with the little bottles if I had not opened them prior to getting in the shower - wet hands etc and hard to open bottles.

Barbara

I am probably in the minority here but I liked having the dispensers of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel in the shower and tub on the Nieuw Amsterdam. Always had trouble with the little bottles if I had not opened them prior to getting in the shower - wet hands etc and hard to open bottles.

Barbara

I posted pictures on the other 2 sites that I belong to showing how the conditioner had not been used in a long time as it had separated -- you could see 2 different parts of the product.

ok thanks for the info. I did have a small basket supplied on both Carnival and NCL.

Carnival and NCL provide lovely baskets of amenities...

HAL gives you lotion, shampoo and conditioner... but they are Elemis, so at least they give you quality :D

HAL gives you lotion, shampoo and conditioner... but they are Elemis, so at least they give you quality :D

My wife is really forward to the Elemis products. I have told her they have really good reputation on this board.

My wife is really forward to the Elemis products. I have told her they have really good reputation on this board.

We are among the minority that do not care for the Elemis products. When we first tried them in 2005 DH had a reaction to the face soap and shampoo -- mainly because he takes so many medications. He never had a reaction to any of the Royal Dutch products.

I read somewhere the entire fleet will have dispensers installed as each ship goes in for its scheduled drydock.

I've been told that the fleet will be getting in shower dispensers. Apparently, Maasdam will get them installed during her April dry dock.

Personally, I do not like the bulk dispensers. Royal Caribbean has them for the shampoo so I bring my own when we sail with them.

You never know how old the stuff is in there. Of course if it has just been installed, it would be fresh but it could sit in there for years as others also bring their own products.

Personally, I do not like the bulk dispensers. Royal Caribbean has them for the shampoo so I bring my own when we sail with them.

You never know how old the stuff is in there. Of course if it has just been installed, it would be fresh but it could sit in there for years as others also bring their own products.

Can you see the product in the dispensers? Wouldn't the stewards be required to change the product, particularly if it starts separating or grows mold? Does anyone know how much product one of the dispensers holds? If a passenger asks for a dispenser to be emptied & then refilled, would it be done?

I personally liked the little bottles, even when they were hard to open sometimes in the shower.

Have been on 9 NCL cruises and never had a "basket of amenities" They provide your standard lotion, shampoo, conditioner and small bar soap.

Barbara

Barbara, I'm with you!!! I love the new mounted dispensers in the shower and tub!! Just hope they change the body gel soap to something without eucalyptus in it:eek:

Joanie

Though dispensers could be easier to use I do not consider them as sanitary as my own bottle of product. Dispensers seem so "mass market" and institutional rather than upscale -- less personally appealing. We had them on Celebrity a few years ago and I found the whole concept rather tacky.

IRL_Joanie I agree with you about the bath gel -- it needs to lose that eucalyptus/mint thing going on -- my personal sensitivities rebel against it.

Will they continue to provide the bars of soap? Especially the white soap (personally I hate that yellow stuff). If there will be no bars of soap I have to put up a personal SOS about that.

Anybody know if the Ryndam changed over?

Although they come in handy when in need, I personally find the "sample baskets" on Carnival tacky. I'll miss my personal products on HAL. Ever seen such dispensers in a good hotel?

Can you see the product in the dispensers? Wouldn't the stewards be required to change the product, particularly if it starts separating or grows mold? Does anyone know how much product one of the dispensers holds? If a passenger asks for a dispenser to be emptied & then refilled, would it be done?

I personally liked the little bottles, even when they were hard to open sometimes in the shower.

Yes -- you can see the stuff in the dispensers -- that is why I made the comment that I had posted pictures on 2 other sites and you can see the conditioner separating.

The dispensers are large -- waste to just empty them out each cruise and refill them.

Anybody know if the Ryndam changed over?

Although they come in handy when in need, I personally find the "sample baskets" on Carnival tacky. I'll miss my personal products on HAL. Ever seen such dispensers in a good hotel?

When we were on the Ryndam in October -- she did not have the dispensers. And she isn't due for a dry dock soon to get them.

Soap dispensers are clearly being installed to save the line money.

Of course there's also a "Green" advantage as well: No more of those little plastic bottles to go into the trash...

...and it's easier to use the dispensers than struggle w/ caps in wet hands.

Wouldn't the stewards be required to change the product, particularly if it starts separating or grows mold? Does anyone know how much product one of the dispensers holds? If a passenger asks for a dispenser to be emptied & then refilled, would it be done?

Is this ever an issue for you in public restrooms at airports, restaurants and the office - or even at home?

When was the last time you actually saw soap of any kind growing mold?

:confused:

Mold can grow in a dispenser, along the top (inside and out) and bottom (outside) where there is no soap. I understand that mold doesn't grow in the soap. Sorry, Brian, if I didn't clarify.

As others have said dispensers are tacky, and Holland America keeps advertising itself as an upscale line at mass market prices. Eventually, I think, those mass market prices have to affect every aspect of the cruising experience.

To save money, HAL is putting dispensers in the showers. Nothing upscale or attractice about it. Mass market feel? Definitely.

Archived