Oasis, The Chef's Table with a 3 and 6 year old.

DawnCt

Just off the Oasis... both in Giovannis table and Chops... kids under 10 allowed to dine

had stern words for the maitre d.... to no avail. They say it's hard to enforece:eek:

in chops one couple got it's money back...after I complained but we were charged...not happy about this non enforcement

CC

PS both couples Brazilian....they got the bucks

Chef's Table is not a restaurant per se like Giovanni's or Chops. It is one table that seats about 10 people located in a secluded spot in the MDR. The dinner consists of several courses many of which are prepared table-side and each is accompanied by a specific wine to compliment that course. The food is really excellent ...much better than any I have had in any of the specialty restaurants. The dinner takes close to 3 hours. While young children in Chops, Giovanni's, etc. is not ideal IMO. , Chef's Table is a whole other thing (especially at close to $100 pp).

On another note...the lovely lady who cleans my house is Brazilian (as are many, many laborers in this part of the country), and she has hardly any bucks at all !:eek:

Ooooops! just realized that this a very old thread...my bad!

Edited by Rala
add'l info

My thoughts on this... The Chefs table is a fairly expensive venue for children, I think it's a table for 10 people, limited seating, so another couple couldn't get a reservation because two kids were included instead. I can't imagine those kids enjoyed any of the food, why couldn't the grandmother take them to Johnny Rockets or the Windjammer instead. It's not whether you like kids, have kids, whether they behaved etc. it's just not an appropriate venue for children..geez!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I completely agree that a 3+ hour dining event with a focus on wine is not an appropriate event for a child! (Well...except maybe Manny on Modern Family, but he's an exception.:p)

Even though I know my oldest granddaughter COULD behave herself for three+ hours, even though she has good table manners, even though I know she would probably at least taste most of the food, I would absolutely not even consider wasting 3+ hours of her precious childhood for an event she'd be completely bored with. She would gain absolutely nothing from it.

I think, however, that children at Chef's Table will occur frequently on ships with the new Royal Suite Class benefits. The top class (Star Class I think) has all complimentary specialty dining. So...I think that folks in the top suites with kids will be taking them to Chef's Table and they won't be paying the per person cost.

Judy

Here we go again. Get the popcorn and hold on.

I wouldn't pop too much popcorn. It's a newly revived 5-year-old thread about some well-behaved children showing up at Chef's Table. Not much to see here.

I completely agree that a 3+ hour dining event with a focus on wine is not an appropriate event for a child! (Well...except maybe Manny on Modern Family, but he's an exception.:p)

Even though I know my oldest granddaughter COULD behave herself for three+ hours, even though she has good table manners, even though I know she would probably at least taste most of the food, I would absolutely not even consider wasting 3+ hours of her precious childhood for an event she'd be completely bored with. She would gain absolutely nothing from it.

I think, however, that children at Chef's Table will occur frequently on ships with the new Royal Suite Class benefits. The top class (Star Class I think) has all complimentary specialty dining. So...I think that folks in the top suites with kids will be taking them to Chef's Table and they won't be paying the per person cost.

Judy

I asked on the closed thread, but has anyone confirmed that CT is included with Star? Really not a restaurant per se

I feel sorry for those of you who can't understand the joy that children can bring to your life.

As a new father I agree. We brought our 6 month old on a cruise and she loved all the things going on and we had fun with her. Every worker and passenger we saw loved her and she never once was a disturbance to anyone. Of course we ate in the windjammer or in the cabin but that was fine. Do people really think parents should shut down there life for years b/c some people don't want to be around kids. Sorry but royal is a family line and there are options for adult only types of trips.

I just don't get all the child bashing here. Well behaved kids never bothered me. Ever. i would never bring my child to the chefs table but the people on this thread suggesting kids shouldn't be on a cruise have a serious screw loose. I truly feel bad for them as they are missing out on the best thing in life.

As a new father I agree. We brought our 6 month old on a cruise and she loved all the things going on and we had fun with her. Every worker and passenger we saw loved her and she never once was a disturbance to anyone. Of course we ate in the windjammer or in the cabin but that was fine. Do people really think parents should shut down there life for years b/c some people don't want to be around kids. Sorry but royal is a family line and there are options for adult only types of trips.

I just don't get all the child bashing here. Well behaved kids never bothered me. Ever. i would never bring my child to the chefs table but the people on this thread suggesting kids shouldn't be on a cruise have a serious screw loose. I truly feel bad for them as they are missing out on the best thing in life.

Her kids have grown up by now. ;)

My bad, just commenting on a reply to a 5 year old post.

FWIW, I have no problem with bringing small children. I don't think toddlers should be in hot tubs, children in swim diapers should not be in pools, children shouldn't be welcome at CT and no one under 18 should be in the DL during Happy Hour.