Purchasing soda, milk & juice ....

4inacanoe

We'll be two families travelling with 2 children each and we're worried about the cost of purchasing simple drinks like milk, juice and water on the cruise. I know they use to have a "drink card" that you could purchase at the beginning of the cruise that would give you unlimited access to non alcoholic drinks. Does Carnival still do this or is it pay-as-you-go?

Milk and water are free, as is juice at breakfast and through room service. There are dispensers in the buffet for juice in the mornings and lemonade all day. I believe after breakfast is over the juices are replaced by a fruit punch of some sort (not red!). If there is a specific juice you need at dinner, you might be able to make some arrangement through your waiter or Maitre 'd. But there is a separate board here at CC for family cruising, under Special Interest Cruising. Lots of folks there traveling with children and they might be more specific. The drink card is for sodas. EM

You will have to ask for milk at the buffet at lunch and dinner.

Juice is available during breakfast in the buffet. Juice can also be purchased at the bars. They are included in the soda card. If the juice is used as a mixer, it will be at the bar.

If you are on conquest class or higher you will have a cooler in your cabin and can grab milk cartons and fill some glasses with juice at the morning buffet to have handy the rest of the day.

soda cards are $4 a day per children plus 15% tips, and you can usually get juice with them at bars besides coke products.

No need to fill glasses with juice at the buffet and carry them back to your cabin. I just order extra juice and milk from room service in the morning and keep it in the cabin fridge for whenever we need it.

It's free. So is water from the tap.

Milk and water are free, as is juice at breakfast and through room service. There are dispensers in the buffet for juice in the mornings and lemonade all day. I believe after breakfast is over the juices are replaced by a fruit punch of some sort (not red!). If there is a specific juice you need at dinner, you might be able to make some arrangement through your waiter or Maitre 'd. But there is a separate board here at CC for family cruising, under Special Interest Cruising. Lots of folks there traveling with children and they might be more specific. The drink card is for sodas. EM

There will be apple, orange and guava juice in the dispensers at the buffet during breakfast. I will fill a travel mug with juice in the morning and drink it later in the day.

After breakfast, there is only lemonade and ice tea in the dispensers. Carnival does not serve punch anymore (except at the bar in the mixed drinks).

I have found that the juice on board (other than fresh squeezed OJ) has too much sugar added. I bring juice boxes on board each time. Depending on the ages of your children, I also bring one or two familiar snacks like goldfish just for a comfort from home.

We'll be two families travelling with 2 children each and we're worried about the cost of purchasing simple drinks like milk, juice and water on the cruise. I know they use to have a "drink card" that you could purchase at the beginning of the cruise that would give you unlimited access to non alcoholic drinks. Does Carnival still do this or is it pay-as-you-go?

Milk is free all the time. Juice is free unless you are getting fresh squeezed. Water is free unless you buy bottled water. Soda costs extra. You can purchase a drink card for that.

You can also get chocolate milk and hot chocolate. Carnival has chocolate milk in containers, and hot chocolate in dispensers. RCCL will add chocolate syrup to milk if you ask, and has hot chocolate in packets.

Both ships also have soft serve ice cream dispensers. Try making a free milk shake by adding milk to either the vanilla or the chocolate soft serve.

Archived