Ventura Christmas and New Year - Bah Humbug!!!

ROSEBASKETS

I saw the above titled review on another cruise website (which I cannot provide a link to) and thought someone else might enjoy reading it as much as I did.

Amonst the major issues were,

Entertainment in public areas :eek:

Talking in thoroughfares

Dry Christmas pudding :mad:

Dirty marks on carpets

Alcohol free Brandy sauce :confused:

Having to point the TV remote at the TV to get it to work :(

I can smell a claim for compensation hitting the desk of Mrs M!

Enjoy (assuming you can find it at a .co.uk website which begins with the word cruise and doesn't have any other words in it ;))

I saw the above titled review on another cruise website (which I cannot provide a link to) and thought someone else might enjoy reading it as much as I did.

Amonst the major issues were,

Entertainment in public areas

Talking in thoroughfares

Dry Christmas pudding :mad:

Dirty marks on carpets

Alcohol free Brandy sauce

Having to point the TV remote at the TV to get it to work :(

I can smell a claim for compensation hitting the desk of Mrs M!

Enjoy (assuming you can find it at a .co.uk website which begins with the word cruise and doesn't have any other words in it ;))

Rosie

Can you be a little more explicit regarding the link?

It would appear that these poor people had a horrendous cruise, however they seem to be balanced in their critique of P&O's performance, not mentioning the bad weather once. :rolleyes:

Oh and I hope they don't make a compensation claim or there could not be a lot left in the pot for my next claim ;)

Regards

Your friend

Cb

Ventura has always been a bad ship which no one liked so what is new.

Oh, the poll done on that very same site mentioned above, that's new, for which ship is 2nd overall errrrrrrr VENTURA.

Each ship must have had 150 reviews to qualify.

I am confused is Ventura not a bad ship now?:confused:

I wish people would make up their minds.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

Dai

I sailed on Ventura in its first Season 2008, and it received a lot of complaints, from passengers who had previously cruised P&O's ships like Arcadia, Aurora and Oriana, but thought they would sail Ventura because it was new. Most complaints being that it was too big, did they not know it was big before they booked???

It was my first cruise and the two weeks I sailed on her I absolutely loved, have cruised on others ships since, but would not hesitate to cruise on Ventura again.

Will be interesting to compare her and Azura, when I sail on RCI IOS in a weeks time, I already know that my on board spend is going to be a lot higher.:)

Nothing to do with Ventura but have a look on the same website mentioned above and find a review of Fred Olsen's Balmoral - it was about 3-4 pages on when I last saw it. The things the passenger is complaining about are incredible - having to pull the duvet up from the bottom of the bed! On FO when they prepare the cabin for the night they fold the duvet over and place it at the bottom of the bed - chocolate on pillow as usual. Have a read - it's amusing if nothing else.

I've been on Ventura but not Azura, so this is written without any experience of the latter ship. However, one thing did strike me as a bit unusual about Azura: the use of the atrium floor for dancing. I can well understand that this could be the cause of some problems. On Ventura the Atrium has evolved into a general entertainment/presentation/coffee/seating area. In addition to people generally sitting around enjoying coffee from Tazzine, I've seen product demos from the spa and the shops going on there, photo sessions for the various on-board weddings taking place, and a whole range of exhibits and so forth. On Ventura it really is a busy and active place. I'm not sure how the same space could be used at occasional times for dancing - it would need to be cleared for those occasions.

This 29nt cruise was our 16th with P&O.

After being on the Ventura in October on the Transatlantic we were not expecting much from Ventura - which led to less disappointment for us.

We were on Ventura when she was 2 months old and now the public areas are very shabby.

I agree with most of this cruise review , but must add that it's the people who make a cruise good or bad. There were a half decent lot on the first 2 weeks - replaced by a high percentage of bad uns on the last 2 weeks.

There was some disgraceful behaviour on and off ship -eg. 2 women falling over drunk on the quayside as they attempted to walk back to the ship was the entertainment of the day for those with port side balconies! There was so much more!

The worst thing for us on this cruise was the MOANERS. We have never heard so many whinging passengers and they were always grouping together to complain. We always tried to ignore this as we intended enjoying our 4 weeks on board.

We loved our Christmas dinner, but we had to wait until 8.45pm to get it. Lunch that day was the same as any other. There was no Christmas feel to the day.

On the whole, the food was not as good as Azura.

The US authority were to blame for the fiasco in New Orleans. Land of the Free? Uh-uh!! We will not be doing a cruise with US ports ever again, nor a land holiday there either.

Officers came onto our shuttle bus and rifled through our bags and checked passports and cruise cards before we could get back into the port at Key West.

We never even got a cruise overview for the latter part of the cruise. we asked several times and were eventually told that they weren't printing one as there could be changes made (?) Oh well. We blame the cruise director who Laura Benneson who is too inexperienced to deal with such a big ship. What I would really like to see is Christine Noble get on Ventura and see if she can improve things!!! Not my favourite person, but she does have standards!

Caryl

No I dont think so. That's the one with the very strong accent you mean? She was on the ship but only heard her speak when we were disembarking at Barbados. We've come across her before. Nice girl.

That's the thing with Ventura and Azura - They are such big ships that you don't get to see everyone on board

The fellow who read the report stated that the captain didn't walk around the ship, but we saw him several times walking and talking to crew and passengers.

There was a couple on the cruise who live near us (small town). We saw them 3 times in the 4 weeks.

We saw people on our plane going home that we'd never seen on the ship.

Caryl

That's the thing with Ventura and Azura - They are such big ships that you don't get to see everyone on board

The fellow who read the report stated that the captain didn't walk around the ship, but we saw him several times walking and talking to crew and passengers.

There was a couple on the cruise who live near us (small town). We saw them 3 times in the 4 weeks.

We saw people on our plane going home that we'd never seen on the ship.

Caryl

The only cruise we've ever done on which we regularly bumped into people we'd met earlier was on Braemar. She had about 800 passengers total at that time (she's been stretched since then). Even on ships the size of Oriana and Galaxy (about 2000 passengers each), you just don't see people again.

• 2 weeks later...

I also saw that review from those moaners going on about everything,we went on the last two weeks of that cruise and I came across them in one of the lifts,it had to be them,they were the only passengers we came across carrying an A4 size diary with all of there petty groans scribbled in them!!!!lol.... ANYONE WITH ANY COMPLAINTS worth ranting on about whilst onboard should visit reception....im convinced a few seasoned cruisers are not happy unless they can find something to groan about ,,it makes there holiday!!!! oops by the way ,we had a fantastic time from start to finish,only moan we had was having to come home!!!!

I also saw that review from those moaners going on about everything,we went on the last two weeks of that cruise and I came across them in one of the lifts,it had to be them,they were the only passengers we came across carrying an A4 size diary with all of there petty groans scribbled in them!!!!lol.... ANYONE WITH ANY COMPLAINTS worth ranting on about whilst onboard should visit reception....im convinced a few seasoned cruisers are not happy unless they can find something to groan about ,,it makes there holiday!!!! oops by the way ,we had a fantastic time from start to finish,only moan we had was having to come home!!!!

The moaners remind me of the Peter and Judith Characters from the BBC Come Fly With Me Series If anyone watched it then you would know what I mean.

Archived