Hard to do 7 day cruises after a 10?

psbhappy

I am absolutely thrilled to be going on my first 10 day cruise in 28 days!! I am just curious if anyone has had a hard time going on a 7 day cruise after having taken a 10 day one. I know I will be happy to be going at all, but was hoping I don't get too used to it, as I am not sure I will able to do the longer cruise next year. All my previous 7 day cruises have been fantastic. Anyone want to share their thoughts? :)

I am absolutely thrilled to be going on my first 10 day cruise in 28 days!! I am just curious if anyone has had a hard time going on a 7 day cruise after having taken a 10 day one. I know I will be happy to be going at all, but was hoping I don't get too used to it, as I am not sure I will able to do the longer cruise next year. All my previous 7 day cruises have been fantastic. Anyone want to share their thoughts? :)

In a word...YES! We have enjoyed 10, 14 and 18 day cruises and now it just seems a 7 day cruise simply isnt enough - we still do them but I always try to get a longer cruise when time/money permit - enjoy!

Seven days is just too short (as long as you have the time to take), particularly after a longer cruise. It feels like you're getting disembarkation forms right after boarding. I'm doing a 7-day in a couple of months for the first time in two years but only because it is very inexpensive, we got the cabins we want, and I can drive to the port. OK, so I'm doing a 7-day in June so I guess I talk out of both sides of my mouth. I really, really prefer a longer cruise.

It depends on where you port from. We live in central FL, so RT Ft Lauderdale 7 days is a nice trip (no flights or hotels). I agree, 10 day are really nice, as are 14 or more. But, a quick 7 day when you need a vacation that only spans 5 work days is pretty sweet too. Just enjoy each as they come…. All are fun, some are just longer.

After a 10-day cruise, followed by a 15-day cruise, I thought we'd have a hard time returning to a 7-day. But the right itinerary came up at a very good price, and it wasn't as hard as we thought.;)

That being said, if we have the vacation time available and $$ saved up, we'd not hesitate to book a longer cruise anytime the opportunity should arise.

It's ALL good...:)

We did one 7 day and have done 10 ever since. Our travel from Canada makes the 10 day (and longer - soon I hope!) much better value. Can't imagine a 7 day unless I was spending a month in Florida,

After many years of not sailing on a 7 day cruise, last May we decided to give it a try. For us, it was not worth the hassle or the enjoyment as we found the 7 day cruises nothing like the 10-14 day plus cruises we were used to. We decided right then and there no more 7 day cruises, they are just too short. With the airfare involved and the hassle of flying, and all the prep that it takes for us to cruise, if we can't go for at least 10-14 days or more, we will just not go anymore.

I am sure you will love the 10 day cruise...................as it gives you just a few extra days where you aren't having to repack and it's time to head home again. lol

For us the answer is definitely YES. I will not do 7 day cruises unless there is a special circumstance. Last trip it was just as inexpensive to take a 7 day cruise when compared to a 10 day land trip. (We got a deal). So we took a short cruise out of So CA where we live so there was no air fare.

I am concerned that 14 days may be too long for us. I get tired of the heavy meals after a week. But it won't stop me from our b2b in May. Too bad we have to change ships.
On a longer (21-28 days) cruise, we get tired of the heavy meals, too. We sometimes pre-order a chef's or Cobb salad for our entree and with an appetizer and/or soup, it's enough.

Everyone's different, but we are solidly in the "7 days is way too short" camp. We'll take 'em if that's the only choice due to something beyond our control, but we somehow feel cheated at the end of 7 days - we're just getting fully relaxed and want time to enjoy that feeling and rejuvenate. The same is true of land vacations for us.

Regarding eating - we have found, and others have reported, that somewhere between 7 and 10 days one just gives up and starts eating responsibly.

Living in the UK, it makes sense to go for longer. The flights and transfers etc are so much hassle if you go anywhere for a short period of time.

We are usually away from home for 17 nights with a hotel in London for a night or two and a night in Florida or NYC for a few days, and then a 14 or 15 night cruise.

Most people in the UK go away for 2 weeks at a time. I think the UK gets more days off per year, my wife gets 27 days plus public holidays which is 11 I think. And I used to get 30 days plus public holidays in the Army.

If I lived in a port like FLL then I would be taking every cheapie possible, no matter the length. Alas this is not the case.

Matthew

We will do whatever we can do with the time off we get. It wasn't hard going from a 10 day to a 7 day. I think it depends on how busy you are too. We stay in a top hotel the day before or go in 2 days early. We just feel fortunate to be able to get away for a cruise.

Our first cruise was a 10 day through the Panama Canal. I remember the morning of the 3rd day at breakfast I looked at my DW and said "Do you relize that we're here for another week!?!" We had a great time on that cruise. We've taken mostly 7 day cruises since then. It is hard, but we manage.

John

It is a little hard going from a 10 day to a 7, but being on a cruise ship still beats being at home anytime IMHO. On a 7 day it really feels like they're trying to get you off as soon as you board, with the disembarkation info delivered so early etc.

One of our favorite things to do on a 10 day or longer cruise is to look at each other on the 7th day and say, "if we were on a 7 day cruise we'd be going home today!" ;)

Just appreciate the days, they go by so fast!

Archived