"LIVE" from Oasis of the Seas / Jan 22, 2011

Radio

Ha ha, Thanks :) Yes, I will get the Daily Compass for each day, and will try to do a New Vid. . .

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

;);)

THANKS YOU'RE THE BEST!!! :) Enjoy your cruise; I'm tuning in early since I'm out sick today (cough, cough;))!

This is wonderful. One live report from the Oasis and Trainman-2's from Allure. We are doing this itinerary on the Allure. Thank you

Did Trainman start his yet? I can't find it. I want to sign up for his. I'm going on Allure Eastern in May. Love these LIVE REPORTS:D

Thanks Radio,

Will be checking your posts for sure, we follow you on the 29th for a B2B - Alright!

Dennis

Wow, That sounds great ! I would love to do a BTB on Oasis. . .or maybe a "kind of" BTB on Oasis and Allure ! :)

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . .I arrived in Fort Lauderdale at around 1:30PM. The weather was warm (84F), but the rain was on and off. It is currently 75F, with cloudy skies, and periods of heavy rain, with the sun trying to peak through this afternoon.

I am staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 on the 17th St Causeway. I have a nice room, but the weather hasn’t cooperated with me being able to get some nice pics. . . I will try again tomorrow and hopefully the rain will not be a problem. Today has been very cloudy.

We have only one ship here today in Port Everglades (Westerdam), but tomorrow will be much different. Tomorrow there will be Carnival Miracle, Crown Princess, Eurodam, Zuiderdam, and of course the Oasis of the Seas.

I will try to get pics of all of the different ships.

The Jurassic Park Ride must have taken a toll on my back yesterday. . . Or maybe it was walking around for 4 hours, but this has happened before and it should subside (hopefully) by morning. . . >>Note to Radio<<. . . . Exercise a little more. . .

I will grab a bite to eat here at the Hyatt then I will get some sleep, because I might be up early tomorrow !

The forecast for tomorrow is > Rain Showers early, with sunshine later in the day< I hope it will clear up before sail away !

Pictured below are some pics from the Hyatt.

Thanks for all of the nice comments. . . And Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Hyatt Pier 66 Resort and Spa

HY9.JPG

Holland America Westerdam in Port

HY2.JPG

A view of the Pool

HY10.JPG

A view from the Rooftop Patio

HY5.JPG

Viewing West across the 17th St Causeway

HY6.JPG

The Oasis of the Seas will be docked here at Pier 18 tomorrow

HY4.JPG

Did Trainman start his yet? I can't find it. I want to sign up for his. I'm going on Allure Eastern in May. Love these LIVE REPORTS:D

Yes he did. It is titled "Please Stand By" and is currently on page 3.

Wow, That sounds great ! I would love to do a BTB on Oasis. . .or maybe a "kind of" BTB on Oasis and Allure ! :)

Radio

;);)

Interesting idea, but there would be two things to keep in mind:

1) Since Oasis is Saturday to Saturday and Allure is Sunday to Sunday, you'd have to pack, dis-embark and get a hotel for one night.

2) Since both Oasis and Allure do alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, any Back to Back cruise from one ship to the other would mean you'd be visiting the same set of ports two weeks in a row!

Of course, we all know that the ship is the destination, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal...

:)

Theron

Archived