Will you americans be with us?

sam49

Went on a RC western caribbean cruise in Dec 09 and loved it. The best part for my two teenage daughters was mixing with all the american teens (they want to live in usa as adults - anyone what to take them now!). Anyway we are cruising europe with RC in July but have been told the cruise will mainly be spanish passengers. I haven't got anything against the spanish just can't speak the language. So do any of you americans come to europe in July?

Thanks

have started a roll call but not getting any response, so that why I wondered if americans are likely to travel to europe in July.

We will be there in August with our 16 & 21 year old :rolleyes:. Have started a roll call and gotten the same response as you. Was assuming not too many europeans come on here for the roll calls. Oh well.

We'll be on the Liberty out of Barcelona in late June. We just recently got a Roll Call thread started for our cruise, and the other summer Liberty sailings have been very quiet as well. I'm sure there will be lots of Americans on the cruise itself... not sure if there will a big Cruise Critic crowd however.

I've read, but can't say personally, that the sailings out of Barcelona tend to have more Americans and Brits than the sailings out of Malaga, which tend to have a higher concentration of Spaniards.

We'll be on the Liberty out of Barcelona in late June. We just recently got a Roll Call thread started for our cruise, and the other summer Liberty sailings have been very quiet as well. I'm sure there will be lots of Americans on the cruise itself... not sure if there will a big Cruise Critic crowd however.

I've read, but can't say personally, that the sailings out of Barcelona tend to have more Americans and Brits than the sailings out of Malaga, which tend to have a higher concentration of Spaniards.

We sail the Med every year (out of Barcelona or Venice) and there have always been lots of Americans (and Canadians), until last September when we sailed out of Malaga on Advenure. Totally different demographics/atmosphere with few Americans and LOTS of large family groups of Spaniards.

Went on a RC western caribbean cruise in Dec 09 and loved it. The best part for my two teenage daughters was mixing with all the american teens (they want to live in usa as adults - anyone what to take them now!). Anyway we are cruising europe with RC in July but have been told the cruise will mainly be spanish passengers. I haven't got anything against the spanish just can't speak the language. So do any of you americans come to europe in July?

Thanks

Our family is traveling out of Barcelona on June 12. Sailed the Baltic last July--some American teens, but a lot more form Mexico and Spain. Our daughter did just fine and made some friends that she still keeps in touch with.

Thanks

My wife & I traveled on the Brilliance this past August and did not notice an overwhelming Spanish population. On one of the nightly show the cruise director identified the % of nationality and there were a lot of Brits, Americans, Canadians, etc. Surprising, a good portion of the itinerary covered Italy, however, there was a miniscule %.

One consideration is the length of the cruise. We have taken 4 and 5 night cruises from Barcelona and although there was some US guests, by far the largest group was Spanish. Several other European countries were well represented also and of course us Brits. However, when we took a 7 nt Med cruise on RCCL there were lots of Americans and Canadians.

Thanks

Thanks Sam.... I think that you're the 1st Brit to admit that us Americans do speak English afterall :) Don't worry... There will be plenty of us "Yanks" sailing the med this summer!

What makes you think that a large portion of the Spanish cruisers will not be able to speak at least cursory English?

Never have had that problem cruising in other primarily Spanish speaking places like Puerto Rico or Mexico.

The world is getting to be a smaller place. I think you'll have less communication problems than what you anticpate.

Archived