Carnival just raised the dividend

m steve

Speaking of Shareholder Credits, if you Own Carnival Stock CCL do you get a special OBC that can be used on HAL? Just like on Princess if you are a shareholder of CCL they give you $250.00 OBC that can be applied on a booking but is not combinable with certain other OBC offers.

Yes, CCL shareholders with l00 or more shares send a copy of their brokerage statement to HAL, or give a copy to their TA, to get the shipboard credit.

OK perfect do you know if it is combinable with other OBC's on a booking? and is it the same $250.00 they give you as on Princess?

OK perfect do you know if it is combinable with other OBC's on a booking? and is it the same $250.00 they give you as on Princess?

It vaires by the level of cabin and duration of cruise. The max is $250 for a suite for longer than 12 or 14 days. If you do a search, you will find the info.

Yes, you can get the Future Cruise Credit, your TA cruise credit and the HAL credit. We had the TA cruise credit of $150 and $250 Carnival Stock Credit for our last 16 day cruise.

I believe the credit is $250 for 14 days. $100 for 7 to 13 days. And $50 for under 6 days. And it is good on all the Carnival owned ships--even P.O.

Yes, you can get the Future Cruise Credit, your TA cruise credit and the HAL credit. We had the TA cruise credit of $150 and $250 Carnival Stock Credit for our last 16 day cruise.

I believe the credit is $250 for 14 days. $100 for 7 to 13 days. And $50 for under 6 days. And it is good on all the Carnival owned ships--even P.O.

That is great to know and I can't believe there is no restrictions on combining it with other OBC offers such as TA's OBC and also witha Future Cruise Credit (FCC) as well...WOW glad I asked and thank you so much Storylady.

Thanks Steve for the info..Stockmarket is down today & so is the CCL stock, but it's still much more than we paid for it..

It vaires by the level of cabin and duration of cruise. The max is $250 for a suite for longer than 12 or 14 days. If you do a search, you will find the info.

That is incorrect...It has nothing to do with the type of cabin you book..Only the No. of days on the cruise counts..We had a 20 day cruise on HAL in Nov. in an outside cabin & received our $250 OBC..

The OBC is as follows for North American Brands:

$50 for a 6 day cruise or less

$100 for a cruise of 7 to 13 days

$250 for a cruise of 14 days or longer..

When booking a cruise on any one of Carnival Corp, PLC lines you must FAX or e-mail a copy of your proof of ownership statement with a letter including your booking number & date of cruise to the Cruise Line to request your OBC for each cruise...If it's a brokerage Statement, block out your Account Number & the other investments on the same page..

At HAL it would go to: Ms. Karen Stuart, World Cruise Reservations, 300 Elliot Ave West, Seattle, WA 98119...FAX Number is 206-281-0627...

For further info refer to this WEB site re Shareholders benefits:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....l-sharebenefit

In addition it is combinable with both HAL's & your TA's OBC's..

Cheers...Betty

Thanks Steve for the info..Stockmarket is down today & so is the CCL stock, but it's still much more than we paid for it..

That is incorrect...It has nothing to do with the type of cabin you book..Only the No. of days on the cruise counts..We had a 20 day cruise on HAL in Nov. in an outside cabin & received our $250 OBC..

The OBC is as follows for North American Brands:

$50 for a 6 day cruise or less

$100 for a cruise of 7 to 13 days

$250 for a cruise of 14 days or longer..

When booking a cruise on any one of Carnival Corp, PLC lines you must FAX or e-mail a copy of your proof of ownership statement with a letter including your booking number & date of cruise to the Cruise Line to request your OBC for each cruise...If it's a brokerage Statement, block out your Account Number & the other investments on the same page..

At HAL it would go to: Ms. Karen Stuart, World Cruise Reservations, 300 Elliot Ave West, Seattle, WA98119...FAX Number is 206-281-0627...

For further info refer to this WEB site re Shareholders benefits:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....l-sharebenefit

In addition it is combinable with both HAL's & your TA's OBC's..

Cheers...Betty

Great news, One last thing if you don't mind and/or know is it only ONE Shareholder Credit per booking? So if I own stock and my partner does do they allow it for each of us e.g $250.00 for me and $250.00 for the him or is it only one Shareholder per booking?

Thanks now this may change everything in terms of my booking startegy for that 30 day cruise 'cause I would have 2 cruises at $25.00 each instead of one 30 Collector cruise!

Thank you for providing the detailed info as I have that info for Princess but not for HAL....very much appreciated!

That is great to know and I can't believe there is no restrictions on combining it with other OBC offers such as TA's OBC and also witha Future Cruise Credit (FCC) as well...WOW glad I asked and thank you so much Storylady.

You are welcome. I should be asking you questions as we are going to be in your fair city on the 1st. We are spending some time in BA before our cruise on the Prinsendam.

You are welcome. I should be asking you questions as we are going to be in your fair city on the 1st. We are spending some time in BA before our cruise on the Prinsendam.

Storylady thank you for the great info and thank you as well to everybody else that responded. To the OP sorry if I kinda hijacked your thread.

Also Storylady if you need any info on Buenos Aires please feel free to ask. One thing hopefully when you are here next Tuesday we won;t be having this heatwave that we currently have until Friday. It's 98F today (36C) and with the Heat Index it's like an OVEN. Hence why I am indoors a lot and on the keyboard in the A/C!:cool:;):eek:

thanks again.

Great news, One last thing if you don't mind and/or know is it only ONE Shareholder Credit per booking? So if I own stock and my partner does do they allow it for each of us e.g $250.00 for me and $250.00 for the him or is it only one Shareholder per booking?

Thanks now this may change everything in terms of my booking startegy for that 30 day cruise 'cause I would have 2 cruises at $25.00 each instead of one 30 Collector cruise!

Thank you for providing the detailed info as I have that info for Princess but not for HAL....very much appreciated!

It's one shareholder benefit per cabin, despite both passengers having the stock. Still, a very nice perk!

Those amounts that Betty gave are per cabin -- so it won't help to have your partner own stock.

We have been able to combine the future cruise credit that we get by booking while on the cruise, Carnival stock shipboard credit and AMEX Plat shipboard credit.

WOW! someone is sleeping at the switch at HAL because on Princess you can only combine the FCC OBC you get either or not all and the Platinum Card AMEX OBC of $300.00 is not combinable with there FCC and/or Shareholder Credit from CCL.

So you guys are lucky on HAL to be able to combine all 3 together.

One point of mention not a complaint the OBC;s for the Future Cruise Credit booked onboard is half of what Princess offers.

i am going on a 16 night cruise in April, booked through a TA. If I buy shares now, will I qualify for OBC and if so, how much? Seems to me it might be really worth doing!

For a 14 or more day cruise, the credit is $250. The stock is now $46 a share. So you have to decide whether to spend $4600 for a $250 credit.

No, it does not work that way..Collectors Cruises (two cruises booked as one) are approx 10% less than booking the two cruises individually.. Therefore, you will only get one $250 OBC...We took a B2B to San Diego in 2009 which also was a Collectors cruise & we only received one OBC...

Now if you wanted to give up your discount by booking it as two separate cruises, two separate booking Numbers, two separate deposits & possibly two different cabins :eek::eek:etc, you might get the $250 both times, but don't count on it.. IMO that would be "cutting off your nose to spite your face".. LOL;):)

i am going on a 16 night cruise in April, booked through a TA. If I buy shares now, will I qualify for OBC and if so, how much? Seems to me it might be really worth doing!

Absolutely, however as Storylady mentioned the price is quite high now..We agree with her, are you willing to lay out that amount for a $250 OBC? ... Are you planning on taking more long cruises on HAL or another CCL cruise line?

The stock closed today at $46.22 a share.. Not only the $4622 price, but if you purchase it through a stock broker there will be a commission which could bring the total up to almost $4700..However, there are several on-line options which could be less of a commission..You also have to think about it & decide if you can afford to loose on your investment if the CCL stock goes down..

We thought about it for years & finally bought it at $18.25 in April of 2009...We've collected $600 in OBC's for several cruises plus a few dividends..Having the dividend increase from 10 cents to 25 cents a share is quite encouraging..

We took it as a long term investment & hope to make a profit on it when we ultimately sell it..;) If however, the stock falls below our purchase price, then we could very well lose our investment if the OBC's & dividends have not been substantial.. It's a chance we took...

Enjoy your cruise..Cheers...:)Betty

We have them and it gave us $500 OBC last year. 35 days and 14 day cruises. That is an untaxed dividend. The 25 cents is taxable but it would not put me in a higher tax bracket.

I'm sure our CC friend Brian from SF who is a finance professional could correct me on this and it has been pointed out numerous times.

Using the correct terminology an onboard credit is not a a "dividend". You receive a dividend as a shareholder of CCL. More properly you should consider it as a benefit or discount IMHO similar to being a holder of an American Express card and receiving points.

In addition, consider that you have to pay $4600 at current prices to own 100 shares of CCL plus you have to spend all that additiional money to go on 35 day (est $4000 p/p) and 14 day (est $2000 p/p) to receive the benefit. Basically you've spent $16,600 and gotten $500 OBC (discount of about 3%).

In addition and separately you've gotten a small dividend amount added to your brokerage account. But you've assumed the possibility that you could lose principal on your $4600 investment which might more than offset any perceived gains you have received in your suggested model.

You should only invest in the shares of CCL if you think the value of the corporation will increase in value thus resulting in a higher share price. Otherwise your money could possibly be earning a better return elsewhere.

Of course you are entitled to your own view of the situation.

Archived