BREAKING: Solo Cabins on Radiance

flagger

Oh, duh! I read the article way too fast. Thanks for the correction. Now off to finish paying my bills without more cruise critic interruptions. I should probably go see if I've made any errors in the bill paying department - that's what I get for trying to do too many things at once!

Thanks for posting this! We're in the need for a single cabin for our July Alaska sailing.

We actually asked the Navigator LA a few days ago if/when the Radiance would be opening up bookings for the single cabin that Adam Goldstein had mentioned. She said she "doubted very much" that the Radiance would be getting single cabins. The onboard LAs do it again :rolleyes:

The proposed location is where Breaker's Dining Room is currently located on Deck 4.s.gif

Not exactly a private, secluded area. Personally, I prefer to stay in areas surrounded by other cabins, and wouldn't want to be too close to the thick of things. Kind of the difference between living on a residential side-street, and living in an apartment above a store on Main Street.

But, I suppose it's better than nothing.

It's a start. I agree I'd rather have a balcony. Looking forward to taking a few more cruises and then having the single supplement perk.

What is the single supplement perk? I think maybe it used to be after 49 cruise credits? But I don't see that listed anymore as one of the benefits??? Maybe I'm just missing it?

I think it is unfair to only get one credit when paying the 200 percent supplement!!

I agree. Princess gives solo cruisers 2 points, three if they're in a full suite.

I wouldn't want a cabin in that area, either. It's not all that hustle-bustle, but since there aren't any other cabins nearby, it'll be a bit of a trek to find your cabin steward if you need something.

Patti, where did you hear that it'll be where Breakers is? Just curious... And there are windows there, so why not incorporate them? Or will they keep the dining area & convert the little galley section? Time will tell, I guess.

There will be additional newly converted inside rooms for half price, they will feature the new environmentally friendly and healthier vertical sleeping accomodations. For an additional discount you can share some space with "Henry". Note that Henry is very clean, always smiling, has big blue eyes and spends a lot of time in the hallways in the morning.

Patti, where did you hear that it'll be where Breakers is? Just curious... And there are windows there, so why not incorporate them? Or will they keep the dining area & convert the little galley section? Time will tell, I guess.

From Gina (mommabean) who was given this information on one of her recent Radiance cruises from Clunis the HD. She's currently on there right now doing the second half of a b2b.

There will be additional newly converted inside rooms for half price, they will feature the new environmentally friendly and healthier vertical sleeping accomodations. For an additional discount you can share some space with "Henry". Note that Henry is very clean, always smiling, has big blue eyes and spends a lot of time in the hallways in the morning.

But he snores - I've heard him. Sounds like a vacuum cleaner!

From Gina (mommabean) who was given this information on one of her recent Radiance cruises from Clunis the HD. She's currently on there right now doing the second half of a b2b.

Guess I need to check Facebook!

It's a start. I agree I'd rather have a balcony. Looking forward to taking a few more cruises and then having the single supplement perk.

what is the single supplement perk?

Archived