You've Got Mail!

Touche!:)

(don't tell anyone, but it's not always true! shhhh! I have a reputation to uphold!)

Say it isn't so.;)

Oh Wrona, if you were in the same room, I'd hit you! :p

Carol your screen name isn't IBookHePays. Besides I'm sure there's another reason in your household.;)

I think that may be a 19th century or at best up to mid-20th century tradition.:rolleyes: Today mail goes to the person it's supposed to - I get my own credit card statements, frequent flyer correspondence, phone bill, etc. Not to mention mailers from Princess, HAL, Carnival, Celebrity, Azamara, etc. But almost never anything from RCI. Then again, DH doesn't get anything either. We are in our own little invisible category of C&A.:mad:

Nadir? ;)

Credit cards are different because it is solely in your name. Whenever something is for the household (and CAS is mailed out via household, typically) tradition still allows for it to be mailed to the head of the house and tradition still states the head of the house is the man. I'm sorry you feel etiquette rules should bend to your whim, but they don't. It is still quite common within the circles of those who know the rules.

Again, I'm not sure why this is offensive to some. It isn't like they addressed it "Mr. So and so and that lazy chick that has to have some man to take care of her because she couldn't possibly do the work of a man"

If they don't know who pays the books the cruises and/or pays the bills they shouldn't risk alienating either party. We're talking about a business here, not a wedding invitation (which would come addressed to both), after all.

We each have a C&A number in our own names. IMHO each of us should get our own mail, although since that would be a waste of paper, it should come addressed to both of us, in my opinion.

And our brochure arrived today. Addressed to me. I suspect it's all just randomly generated by computers that aren't programmed with Emily Post, Amy Vanderbilt or Betty Friedan.

I haven't received the nice brochure yet, but I did get an awesome EMAIL from Adam Goldstein yesterday. I copied it over:

(Dear Patricia,

Congratulations and welcome to the new top tier in the Crown & Anchor® Society! In honor of your incredible loyalty to Royal Caribbean International® we're very pleased to announce your membership status has been elevated from Diamond Plus to the Pinnacle Club.

We're also proud to bring you four new enhancements to the Crown & Anchor® Society program as of January 21, 2011. We listened to you and have made many of the changes you asked for. We told you there was more to come and here it is!)

Much to my surprise, since I only have 188 cruise credits.

NOT to my surprise was that it was sent by MISTAKE..... Really, you think so.

Miami made a booboo.... And NO I'm not Pinnacle, but still a Diamond Plus.

I'm not complaining. Just wanted to share my "Moment of excitement" with all ...;) still laughing about it !!!!!

I got the same email and called C&A was told it was a mistake - sent out by their marketing department. Makes you wonder if these people talk to one another. Big difference between numbers needed from Diamond + to pinnacle do you think someone would check prior to sending out such an email.

If they don't know who pays the books the cruises and/or pays the bills they shouldn't risk alienating either party. We're talking about a business here, not a wedding invitation (which would come addressed to both), after all.

Are you serious? Alienating? Is anyone really that sensitive? Oh em Gee! They sent mail to your husband instead of you! They must be horribly sexist and clearly stating that you could not possibly understand complex things like a cruise brochure!

:rolleyes:

Nothing in my snail mail box yet either.

And since I was on a cruise during the change, I don't know if I will get the info on my newly appointed Emerald status as of 1/21, or the Diamond status that the cruise I was on will now give me once they update that 10 day cruise. (76 points + 10 = Diamond)

Would have been nice to see those new Emerald pins anyway! :)

Are you serious? Alienating? Is anyone really that sensitive? Oh em Gee! They sent mail to your husband instead of you! They must be horribly sexist and clearly stating that you could not possibly understand complex things like a cruise brochure!

:rolleyes:

If you'd read the entire post, you would have seen that they sent it to me, not to him. I would have found it irritating had they sent the mail to him instead of both of us, and I imagine that he's a little irritated that they sent it to me and not both of us - nobody likes to be invisible. That's all I'm saying. And yes, some people are that sensitive - no need to criticize them for it - I'm sure Emily would frown on that sort of behavior.

Island, lady, the letter said that the pins will be coming in the next 2-3 weeks.:)

Archived