Not taking full advantage

smurf1635

During my last cruise, I've discovered (from hearing bits and peices) that I am not taking full advantage of what being a Cruise Critic member offers. I'm really at a loss. I suppose I should become active in "roll call" threads, but what else should I be doing?

I've heard rumblings of "cruise critic" specials, can I book directly through this site? I'm tired of feeling left out, please someone, guide me to the best of the best that is offered?

If there is a better place to post my questions/concerns, please direct me there!

Thank you much :)

During my last cruise, I've discovered (from hearing bits and peices) that I am not taking full advantage of what being a Cruise Critic member offers. I'm really at a loss. I suppose I should become active in "roll call" threads, but what else should I be doing?

I've heard rumblings of "cruise critic" specials, can I book directly through this site? I'm tired of feeling left out, please someone, guide me to the best of the best that is offered?

If there is a better place to post my questions/concerns, please direct me there!

Thank you much :)

Joining your roll call introduces you to your fellow cruisers, and lets you in on what plans they are making, giving you options you might not otherwise have considered. Sometimes they arrange shipboard activities and parties. You will notice on the Carnival board there are a lot of 'official' threads which are roll calls for CC sponsored group cruises. I think these are becoming less numerous/popular as Carnival has discontinued the $25 booking deposit for these groups. There may be other perks offered,, but I have never investigated.

Prior to my last cruise (Cunard) I learned on the Cunard board that they had just implemented a military OBC policy. I had to scramble to get it, but without CC I would not have known. I posted about it on the roll calls just following my sailing, and some were able to cash in. While on the cruise, I was with a needlework group on day, and the woman next to me was extolling the virtues of CC. I knew she hadn't been on our roll call, so I led her on...and discovered she had never posted (not really sure if she is registered!) and did not know anything about roll calls. And to woman she had been talking with did not know anything about the military credit I mentioned.

There are a lot of folks who come here with a particular question, join so they can ask it on this board, but never explore the other features, such as the cruise line forums, ports of call, etc. There is so much more here than just asking a question. EM

The Roll Calls can be a great resource. Nearly all will plan a Meet & Greet early in the cruise. Some plan additional events during the cruise.

We have taken many wonderful private excursions thru the Roll Call. Someone will find one and post it on the Roll Call looking for some people to join them. Usually they limit the group to 6 to 12 people.

Another helpful area is the Port of Calls. Here you can learn alot about the places you will be visiting.

I think OP is referring to CC group cruises .. They do have a TA who handles just CC groups. .. and its a lot of fun to be with a few hundred people who can talk to each other.

Unfortunately most of these groups are Carnival, a few on RCL. I remember a really good deal on Oasis. It was figured to include paying tips and fuel surcharges, and the fuel came off, and the prices reduced to a GREAT deal.

The deals on Carnival are not all that any more, since Carnival stopped allowing discounting by the TA.

OP here is a list of official CC group cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Im kinda surprised so few people seem to have heard CC does their own cruises.

Archived