Carnival Half Moon Cay Cabana Roll Call

PaulMedik

I'm not 100% sure from the pictures but are there chairs in front of the cabanas or just in between cabanas? It wouldn't surprise me if someone pulled a chair out of the rows to a more open space. Don't know that it would bother me either.

Yea there are rows of chairs that start out the day as rows but get moved around. Yea, we didnt care either what went on outside of the cabana as long as we had access.

One word to the wise for getting back on a tender to get on the ship.

Hopefully, first of all, you will be on the only ship on the island for the day. If there are a few thousand more people, the space can get crowded.

Also, when you're coming back to the ship, the line can get VERY LONG to catch a tender. One BIG plus about the new bar near the tender zone is that since the bar staff also work on the ship, they will be on the last tender back to the ship. This allows for those that don't want to wait in an interminal line for over an hour to grab a cold one and relax in the bar.

The last time we were on HMC we used this strategy knowing full well that there was no way of being left on the island if we just hung with the bar staff.

Just an idea..:D

Thanks that sounds like a good idea!!

I booked the Private Oasis yesterday for our trip in May. As I was dicussing it last night with my dh, he asked if gratuity was included in that price. I had never thought of that. Does anyone know if gratuity is included or is that separate? Included in the price $1300 is a personal chef, bartender, cabana steward, butler, and lifeguard. What do you think? If we do tip extra, how much for each of them? I hope someone who has rented this before can help!

I do not believe any gratuities are included in the price. Our CC roll call group of 24 was in the Private Oasis last September. We took up a collection of $10 per guest and gave it to the cabana steward, who would split it among the other employees working the Oasis. There was no lifeguard while we were there.

I am glad to see we can try and change our cabana # if we don't like it. But I am not going to get myself too worked up about it:D

That's how I feel about it at this point. I know I have one booked and will try to get a higher # if possible but it won't make/break the time on HMC. Knowing that we are the only boat there that day does make a big difference to me though as it's probably a better chance to change cabin plus less people on the island.

Any cabana is better than no cabana!
Sorry I missed your earlier post! I agree completely. As for #11 versus #5, I liked being able to hear the music from the "I wish I could stay here forever" bar in #5, plus it was an easy walk to the buffet (although truth be told, with the snacks they supply in the cabana we really weren't that hungry for the buffet). Bar service was better in #5. I liked the lower number of people by #11 - nobody tried to use our shower. If we have a choice in August, I think we'll try for #8 or #9.

Read several postings that say they assign cabanas, but the website says to go to the Excursion Desk to select your cabana. (and be sure to get there early :) ) Either way, I'm in, and even if we get #1 again, that's OK by me, though I'd really rather be further down the beach this time - the other side of the bar and watersports area if possible...

Sorry I missed your earlier post! I agree completely. As for #11 versus #5, I liked being able to hear the music from the "I wish I could stay here forever" bar in #5, plus it was an easy walk to the buffet (although truth be told, with the snacks they supply in the cabana we really weren't that hungry for the buffet). Bar service was better in #5. I liked the lower number of people by #11 - nobody tried to use our shower. If we have a choice in August, I think we'll try for #8 or #9.

Hi there...no worries! :) Im thinking the same thing about the lower #'s, hearing music, closer to some of the amenities, etc. I hear ya about the snacks..we didnt even finish all of ours and we love to eat!

Woohoo, I just booked one for our Fascination cruise on May 14! I didn't even know you could book these online now until I came across this thread, so glad I found out. :)

Only thing is now that I have this booked, I may need to change our pre-cruise plans. I had planned on just booking an inexpensive hotel in Jacksonville the day before, then parking at the port simply so I could get there early enough to book a cabana. I liked doing a park and cruise deal with a hotel on our last cruise and I found several options in Jacksonville. But this time I didn't want to be at the mercy of a shuttle time because of wanting a cabana. Now that I have one booked, I don't know if it's worth it to pay extra to drive and park at the port early just on the "chance" that "maybe" I'll be able to change my cabana if I don't like the number? The lower number ones can't be THAT bad I figure. Think I'll just take my chances with whatever we get assigned!

There seems to be several people on the thread that are renting one for May 14th; we will be right there with you. Hopefully not in Cabana 1 (pictures from May of last year) as everyone thought it was a public oasis....here are some pictures in case you are still interested:

328.JPG

329.JPG

332.JPG

333.JPG

337.JPG

Cabana 2 & 3

339.JPG

There seems to be several people on the thread that are renting one for May 14th; we will be right there with you. Hopefully not in Cabana 1 (pictures from May of last year) as everyone thought it was a public oasis....here are some pictures in case you are still interested:

328.JPG

329.JPG

332.JPG

333.JPG

337.JPG

Cabana 2 & 3

339.JPG

There are several ships leaving on the same day going to HMC but they appear to be on different days...We will be there May 15 and from what I have seen it will be the only ship there that day, we are sailing on the Liberty counting the days now for that cabana!!

Not sure if anyone can help me with this question. We are headed to HMC for the first time in May and would love to get a cabana but we think its a little much for just the two of us. Has anyone ever shared a cabana with another couple they met on their CC role call? If we could share with another couple that would be great and we would be in for sure. Any thoughts would be great!

I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty sure we've booked most of our excursions before 120 days as we book 6-7 months in advance. I suggest you try it and see as our cruise is a few weeks after yours and we got one reserved

Booked mine for next February on the Liberty... 2/19/2012.

Just confirmed the reservation... It is in there.

I have mine booked for the Liberty, March 17.....2012!!:D:p

how did you manage to book so early? Carnival is telling me I have to wait until 120 days prior to sailing? thanks for the info! :)

edit: I'm paid in full. Guess I better call Carnival directly to find out why I can't book this online!

how did you manage to book so early? Carnival is telling me I have to wait until 120 days prior to sailing? thanks for the info! :)

edit: I'm paid in full. Guess I better call Carnival directly to find out why I can't book this online!

That's odd. We were told the same thing but it's been available to us as an excursion since we booked. My GF decided to see if it would work through the excursion check out and we had no issues.

Archived