Need help on 50th B'Day/15th Anniversary cruise

kat9661

Which you would prefer for a 50th birthday/15th anniversary cruise? Currently booked for a 12 night Caribbean cruise in the spring of 2012 but seriously considering a Mediterranean cruise in the fall fo 2012 instead. The Caribbean cruise would be wonderful and totally relaxing and the Mediterranean would be amazing but hectic. Which would you prefer for your 50th birthday and 15th anniversary? As a side note, if we go with the Caribbean cruise we will do the Mediterranean for our 20th anniversary.

Boy, Kat ~ that's a very tough question. I think my overall favorite cruise of all time was our Med cruise. But you are correct. It is VERY port intensive. You are going from dawn to dusk. You come back from ports and eat dinner and go to sleep because you are exhausted. I think I'd probably lean toward the Caribbean for relaxation. For special celebrations, I think I'd rather relax. But that's me.

Is it your 50th? If so, I think you should decide what you'd rather do. You only turn 50 once. Actually, I'd be thrilled doing either :) and hope you will as well.

Good luck, enjoy and a happy early birthday and anniversary!

Actually I turn 50 this September and for my trip we are taking 4 year old DGS to Walt Disney World for our second time. Talk about hectic! It's DH that turns 50 in the spring of 2012 and I'm thinking the Med is probably the way to go. We'll go in the fall to as we prefer to travel off season.

No, I've not looked at Azamara but that's a good idea. I'll look into that in addition to Celebrity. I'd probably want to see as much as possible if we go the Med route vs the Caribbean which we've done several times. Thanks!

brattina-that sounds lovely and a that's why it's such a hard decision. Part of me wants the relaxing with my husband vacation that we get so little of. We used to cruise regularly until our grandson came along and now we focus our vacations and most weekends around him. Have a great 50th birthday cruise!

Hi Kat,

A very wise person told me once that you never know what will happen in the future, so never put off those special things that you want to share with your loved ones. You say you've done the Caribbean several times, personally I would choose the Med. :)

We are booked on our first ever cruise this May. It's a ten night Eastern Med cruise on Equinox with three nights in Rome post cruise. It's our 25th anniversary and DW and my 50th birthdays.

We chose Med because we we figure living in North America we could find deals to the Carribean anytime, so a Med cruise is more of a milestone event. Either way you can't go wrong.

If it was me, I would do the mediterranean over the carribean for the 50th b-day/15th anniversary. You only turn 50 once. Plus you never know what the future holds. A Mediterranean cruise would be a very special memory. If you are worried about it being too port intensive and not as relaxing, why not extend your stay and plan to stay a couple nights at the end of the cruise in whichever port the cruise ends at? Best of both worlds!:)

Thanks everyone for the great advice. It helped me confirm that the Med cruise is the way to go. Part of me was thinking we should wait to do the Med for our 20th or 25th anniversary but hey....who knows what the future holds.

Now we just need the 2012 cruises to be released. I've got some guide books for my Nook and I'll be reading the cruise boards constantly for the next year and a half. Planning for me is half the fun!

The Caribbean cruise we are booked for is in late March 2012 and would fall over my husbands 50th but I think I'd prefer to do the Med in September for our anniversary. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks again everyone!

Archived