CC Michael's Club newbie questions

Holly2

We are looking forward to sailing as elite on our upcoming cruise. Some specific small questions:

Are there any non-alcoholic drinks available other than soft drinks? punch or raspberry lemonade, perhaps?

Does Michael's club close at 6 or can you arrive at 5:30 and linger over your drink? (yes, we have late seating)

Same question with breakfast -- can you arrive just before 10 and stay?

I know the idea is to socialize and look forward to that. However, on port days, can you get a coffee to go? (I know alcoholic beverages can't be taken out).

Any other pointers?

Hi Holly2, We sailed on the millie last january. Micheal club was open to elite captains club members and suite guest from 4-6 pm. They served complimentary cocktails and hor d'oeuvres. We also had late seating. You are free to stay beyond 6pm but you will be charged for drinks because the lounge is open to the other passengers. We did not have breakfast there so Im not sure about coffee. I did not see anyone order non alcoholic drinks so I'm not sure about lemonade, punch ,etc.

At 10AM, they start removing the food in Michaels Club, so if you got there say at 9:30, you would be able to order your coffee drinks or mimosas and get some food. The small bagels and smoked salmon are delicious as are the small almond croissants like the ones served at the Cova Cafe.

At 10AM, they start removing the food in Michaels Club, so if you got there say at 9:30, you would be able to order your coffee drinks or mimosas and get some food. The small bagels and smoked salmon are delicious as are the small almond croissants like the ones served at the Cova Cafe.

If we have our own insulated cups, can we fill them with coffee and take it back to our cabin to drink on the balcony?

We have never done this, so I really don't know. I think you would need about 3 or 4 cappuccino's to fill an insulated mug! I know you are not supposed to take the drinks away from the 4 - 6 PM Elite Event.

Do they have regular coffee? On RCCL ships, there's a cappuccino machine but there's also a big coffee urn that you pour yourself so we can fill our cups there with no problem.

Does anyone else know if you can fill your coffee cups there.

YVR -- you've made me very happy -- love the almond croissants! (and mini is even better). Glad the food is out until 10.

I have a travel coffee mug --- could my husband bring me back coffee and croissant if I can't drag myself out of bed?

I think he could, Holly but why would he settle for the mini ones when he could go to Cova and get you a BIG one or two!!!!! There's no charge.

Yes, they do have regular coffee too, in an urn. The cappuccinos are made by the bar staff one at a time and they are oh, so good!

I didn't mention that they also have other pastries, fruit etc.

I think he could, Holly but why would he settle for the mini ones when he could go to Cova and get you a BIG one or two!!!!! There's no charge.

Yes, they do have regular coffee too, in an urn. The cappuccinos are made by the bar staff one at a time and they are oh, so good!

I didn't mention that they also have other pastries, fruit etc.

What is the Cova??? Is that the buffet?? This is my first Celebrity cruise too. I'm so familiar with things on RCCL that I'm getting a little apprehensive.

The Cova cafe is a cafe mid ship deck 5 on the three M class ships that have not been solsticized. I believe it is called Cafe Al Baccio on the Constellation and the S class ships. They have wonderful free pastries, including the almond and chocolate croissants in the morning and tapas in the afternoon. They serve specialty coffees, cappuccinos and lattes also, for which there is a charge. There is often a quartet playing there also. Lovely place to sit.

Do they have regular coffee? On RCCL ships, there's a cappuccino machine but there's also a big coffee urn that you pour yourself so we can fill our cups there with no problem.

Does anyone else know if you can fill your coffee cups there.

They do have regular coffee (that's all I drink) but on the Century which is the only celebrity ship I've sailed, they pour it for you. I would think they would fill a coffee mug for you unless there is some kind of sanitary issue. They bend over backwards to do anything for you, especially if you slip them a few $....!!! We always tip them well and our glass is never empty!

From past experience on the Century, I can tell you that two latte's fill up a thermal mug quite nicely. We were in a suite and I had the butler take my mug down to be filled every morning (it was free to suite pax if delivered in the suite).

I would just ask for a double or triple or whatever and they will fill it.

I personally prefer using a thermal mug even at home, because I am a slow coffee drinker and it stays warm longer in the mug.

Archived