2012 / 2013 RCI Deployment Opening Schedule

mac_tlc

Is it better to book early or wait and book onboard. I'm not going until Oct 1st. I've read you get onboard credit if you book while cruising. I want Venice next year.

Alex

The reason to book early is to lock in your price and get your choice of cabin. You are correct. You would get an OBC if you waited to book onboard though.

Is it better to book early or wait and book onboard. I'm not going until Oct 1st. I've read you get onboard credit if you book while cruising. I want Venice next year.

Alex

You need to weigh the amount of OBC you will receive against the possible increase in price if you wait. It is possible that if you wait until October the increase in the price will pretty much or completely wipe out any OBC you will receive. If the price they are quoting when the bookings open seems reasonable, book as soon as possible.:)

Alex

It depends on how popular the particular sailing is. I have seen prices go up for a category several hours after it opens on the first day.

You need to weigh the amount of OBC you will receive against the possible increase in price if you wait. It is possible that if you wait until October the increase in the price will pretty much or completely wipe out any OBC you will receive. If the price they are quoting when the bookings open seems reasonable, book as soon as possible.:)

Thanks. I will check out the prices. I paid £475 for Adventure which goes to Rome. Only an inside to begin with. Coming from Scotland we always have a big Airline fuel surcharge to pay.

Alex

It depends on how popular the particular sailing is. I have seen prices go up for a category several hours after it opens on the first day.

I get it now. I wondered what all the fuss was about. Glad I asked. I will be keeping an eye on the release day.

Thanks

Alex

May be getting close...all Jewel 2012 cruises have been taken off the search functionality.

Yes, I noticed that the Canada/New England 2012 cruises have been removed. I was anxious to see the prices. I hope they're not being discontinued.

Voyager of the Seas

April 14, 2012

16 Transatlantic

New Orleans, Louisiana

At Sea

At Sea

Nassau, Bahamas

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

Ponta Delgada, Azores

At Sea

At Sea

Malaga, Spain

Cartagena, Spain

Valencia, Spain

Barcelona, Spain

April 30, 2012

11 Night Med Sailing Barcelona to Venice

Barcelona, Spain

Provence, France

Livorno, Italy

Civitavecchia, Italy

Naples, Italy

Messina, Italy

At Sea

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Ravenna, Italy

Koper, Slovenia

Venice, Italy

10 Night E. Med

April - October 2012

Venice, Italy

Dubrovnik, Croatia

At Sea

Kusadasi, Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey

At Sea

Athens, Greece

Chania, Crete, Greece

At Sea

Venice, Italy

11 Night E. Med

May - October 2012

Venice, Italy

Dubrovnik, Croatia

At Sea

Rhodes, Greece

Kusadasi, Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey

At Sea

Athens, Greece

Chania, Crete, Greece

At Sea

Venice, Italy

October 26, 2012

8 Night Repositioning Cruise

Venice, Italy

Dubrovnik, Croatia

At Sea

Messina, Italy

Naples, Italy

Civitavecchia, Italy

Genoa, Italy

Provence, France

Barcelona, Spain

November 3, 2012

14 Night Transatlantic

Barcelona, Spain

Cartagena, Spain

Malaga, Spain

At Sea

Tenerife, Canary Islands

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

Nassau, Bahamas

At Sea

At Sea

New Orleans, Louisiana

12 Night Transatlantic

May 3, 2012

Miami, Florida

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

Ponta Delgada, Azores

At Sea

At Sea

Brest, France

Cherbourg, France

Harwich, England

16 Night Transatlantic

August 31, 2012

Harwich, England

Le Havre, France

At Sea

Cork, Ireland

Dublin, Ireland

At Sea

Klaksvik, Faroe Islands

At Sea

Reykjavik, Iceland

Reykjavik, Iceland

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

St.John's, Newfoundland

At Sea

At Sea

Boston, MA

** She will also be doing the traditional Northern Europe/Russia sailings during summer 2012

Explorer cruises are also on the site, however, only until October.

Itineraries are listed but not available for purchase yet.

I don't see them? When I do an advanced search and choose explorer, it only shows till Apr. 2012??

The reason to book early is to lock in your price and get your choice of cabin. You are correct. You would get an OBC if you waited to book onboard though.

When we were onboard the Explorer this past January, we purchased a "NextCruise" reservation. This gives us the best of both worlds, an OBC ranging from $25-200 per stateroom depending on the length of the cruise and the ability to book as early as we want.

16 Night Transatlantic

August 31, 2012

Harwich, England

Le Havre, France

At Sea

Cork, Ireland

Dublin, Ireland

At Sea

Klaksvik, Faroe Islands

At Sea

Reykjavik, Iceland

Reykjavik, Iceland

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

St.John's, Newfoundland

At Sea

At Sea

Boston, MA

** She will also be doing the traditional Northern Europe/Russia sailings during summer 2012

Where did you get this info? I just called C&A to book and they did not have this TA listed. :confused:

16 Night Transatlantic

August 31, 2012

Harwich, England

Le Havre, France

At Sea

Cork, Ireland

Dublin, Ireland

At Sea

Klaksvik, Faroe Islands

At Sea

Reykjavik, Iceland

Reykjavik, Iceland

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

St.John's, Newfoundland

At Sea

At Sea

Boston, MA

So much for the complaint that RCI only offers the "same old, same old itineraries". Not sure that the Faroe Islands were high on my awareness list but a quick look at their website made it look interesting. Not sure it will pull in a lot of new cruisers who have just been waiting for a cruise that visits these islands, but for veteran TA enthusiasts anything new is a plus.:) 16 nights is still another plus for those of us who have the time available.:)

So much for the complaint that RCI only offers the "same old, same old itineraries". Not sure that the Faroe Islands were high on my awareness list but a quick look at their website made it look interesting. Not sure it will pull in a lot of new cruisers who have just been waiting for a cruise that visits these islands, but for veteran TA enthusiasts anything new is a plus.:) 16 nights is still another plus for those of us who have the time available.:)

Googling Faroe Islands now! Not overly happy with the longer cruise since DH and I are still worker-bee's, but may just have to fly in that Friday.:o

12 Night Transatlantic

May 3, 2012

Miami, Florida

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

At Sea

Ponta Delgada, Azores

At Sea

At Sea

Brest, France

Cherbourg, France

Harwich, England

This is a real disappointment. Woopee, one new port (Brest). Is it just me or is two ports in France on one cruise overkill? At least it isn't Le Havre and Cherbourg. The C&A rep on the Radiance in February told me that the Jewel would do a repo to Boston and a reverse of the WB TA from 2010 & 11. And, no, I didn't take it as gospel - just liked how it sounded. That is a b2b I would have liked to do.

Now I wonder what the repo from Tampa to Miami will look like.

But what I am most interested in is the return to Australia in 2012. I'm hoping for a Vancouver-Honolulu-Sydney b2b.

Archived