Curtain Between Bed and Seating??

spirit rev

DH and I will be booking our first Princess Cruise shortly. It's not a deal breaker but we do like the ships that have curtains separating the bed from the seating area as I'm a night owl and he isn't.

Do the mini suites and above have curtains that separate the bed from the seating area in the room?

Thanks for your help, loyal Princess cruisers.

On the Sapphire, you can certainly see where there is the groove in the ceiling where a curtain used to be hanging........I was told that they were far more work to maintain than they were valued.

I've been on the Sapphire many times and never noticed any groove in the ceiling. Was there really ever any curtains hanging in the minisuites and does anyone have pictures?

I've been on the Sapphire many times and never noticed any groove in the ceiling. Was there really ever any curtains hanging in the minisuites and does anyone have pictures?

We ALWAYS book HC cabin E717 onboard the Golden/Sapphire and Diamond, [we travel with a Service Dog and DH uses a wheelchair]. It is a HC Minisuite and definitely has the grooves in the ceiling that go around the bedroom area that you can easily see divided the living area [which has a wet bar/couch/two end tables/refrig. and T.V.], from the bedroom area [which has the bed/two end tables/shelves and T.V. The bathroom is off the hall entry [outside of where the curtain would be.]

I don't have pictures. Sorry.

The mini's on the Dawn, Sea, Sun, are two rooms with a curtain separating them they also have a double balcony. They are a little pricey though.

Pam's picture must be the day she moved in, ours never looked that neat.

• 4 years later...
We ALWAYS book HC cabin E717 onboard the Golden/Sapphire and Diamond, [we travel with a Service Dog and DH uses a wheelchair]. It is a HC Minisuite and definitely has the grooves in the ceiling that go around the bedroom area that you can easily see divided the living area [which has a wet bar/couch/two end tables/refrig. and T.V.], from the bedroom area [which has the bed/two end tables/shelves and T.V. The bathroom is off the hall entry [outside of where the curtain would be.]

I don't have pictures. Sorry.

Hi Roz

We have the identical E716 on the Golden Princess on our upcoming cruises and wondering if you have experienced any noise issues from the Vista Lounge.

Also any issues access the lifts which are the only one servicing the MDR?

(Aware your post is from 2011)

Hi Roz

We have the identical E716 on the Golden Princess on our upcoming cruises and wondering if you have experienced any noise issues from the Vista Lounge.

Also any issues access the lifts which are the only one servicing the MDR?

(Aware your post is from 2011)

Margo, we loved E717 which is on the Starboard side of the ship. E716 would be the Port side and we've had it a few times as well as being in the mini suite on the Port side......I must be honest: The constant drum beat that you'll hear from the Vista lounge can be annoying on the port side only. It's as if you were in the jungle and the beating drums from the natives were in the distance. It goes on until around midnight and then peace comes. If they had a dance class in the lounge during the day then you could hear that too!

It was NEVER enough to be a deal breaker because we did spend a lot of time out of the room and my DH could have cared less.

I must admit we ALWAYS tried to book the Starboard side of the ship, if we could.

There is a curtain between the two areas in the mini-suites on the Royal and Regal (was just in a Royal mini-suite for 20 days) - answering the original question from years ago before either of these ships existed!

Edited by capriccio

Margo, you must be very cognizant of the lifts to the MDR. There are 4 elevators and only the end two go directly to the dining room floor. Don't make the mistake of getting on the middle one's, they won't go down to the MDR.

Go earlier, you may have to wait in line until the dining room doors open but you won't be stuck in the "lift traffic jam!"

Also, go to the Princess Theatre at least 20 minutes before the show or you won't get a seat. HC seats are available in the very back of the theatre.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Yuo could always pack a flat sheet and some duct tape.

Please do not use duck tape. It will ruin the wallpaper or paint. I take a shower curtain and hooked magnets from Harbor Freight.

IMG_2915_zpsoxtaf2eq.jpg

If you want to draw it to both sides, take two curtains and some bungy cords. It will make the cabin very dark during the day. I hang it in the hallway to create a privacy dressing room.

IMG_2916_zpsnzehmgye.jpg

Edited by cr8tiv1

Margo, you must be very cognizant of the lifts to the MDR. There are 4 elevators and only the end two go directly to the dining room floor. Don't make the mistake of getting on the middle one's, they won't go down to the MDR.

Go earlier, you may have to wait in line until the dining room doors open but you won't be stuck in the "lift traffic jam!"

Also, go to the Princess Theatre at least 20 minutes before the show or you won't get a seat. HC seats are available in the very back of the theatre.

Thank you for your prompt replies Roz.

Unfortunately E717 was already taken on the 2015 cruise, and not offered on the 2016 cruise as we are doing Auckland Auckland, where as the cruise is mostly Melbourne Melbourne. Makes me think - perhaps I should ring Princess and see if they can switch me.....;)

Thank you for your prompt replies Roz.

Unfortunately E717 was already taken on the 2015 cruise, and not offered on the 2016 cruise as we are doing Auckland Auckland, where as the cruise is mostly Melbourne Melbourne. Makes me think - perhaps I should ring Princess and see if they can switch me.....;)

If you can switch to the Starboard side of the ship, you will be more comfortable.

Again, the noise from the lounge was only when they had a venue going. Otherwise, it was very nice.

I'm extremely sensitive to sound so I found it annoying. DH not so much!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Please do not use duck tape. It will ruin the wallpaper or paint. I take a shower curtain and hooked magnets from Harbor Freight.

IMG_2915_zpsoxtaf2eq.jpg

If you want to draw it to both sides, take two curtains and some bungy cords. It will make the cabin very dark during the day. I hang it in the hallway to create a privacy dressing room.

IMG_2916_zpsnzehmgye.jpg

Oh I am doing this on the world cruise! A small one to make a changing room outside the bathroom (I am and early riser and hubs is not) and one to shield me from hubs late night reading on the loveseat. Those harbor freight magnets are super strong, and both Walmart and Target have cheap blackout curtains.

Linda

IMG_2915_zpsoxtaf2eq.jpg

IMG_2916_zpsnzehmgye.jpg

This is a great idea! I will be getting this to put up in our mini suite our upcoming cruise.

Thank you!