Do you hate sea days?

winncruiser

I do not care for sea days because I like to be off the ship and doing excursions. I like only one sea day at the end of the cruise just to relax and pack.

+1 although I would add just becuase you have a port day doesn't mean you have to be off the ship the entire time. We try to balance our excusions where some ports we do a lot some we just relax and take it easy.

B.

Count me in with you....I as well view cruising as a means to see as many places as I can. That way if I want to go back for a land vacation, I've been there and know what I'm getting. I also like to get away from all the boat people sometimes...on sea days it seems like everyone(us included) all swarm to the small boat pools and it's so crowded.

Sea days can be nice especially if you get in late the night before boarding and you are just tired and need the first day to relax, but IMO that's about it.

I think personal circumstances play a factor as well whether your travelling as a couple, single, family w/kids, group of friends, all those can change ones opinions on sea days as well.

Well OP, guess you and I are the exception to the rule. While most everyone else enjoys sea days, they are a waste of time to me. I use the cruise ship as a hotel and mode of transportation to get to as many different places as possible without flying and costing an arm and a leg.

Cruises are the most affordable mode of transportation and you only have to unpack once. And at the end of the day of exploring foreign ports, you return to "home" with food you know you can eat and a bed you know is clean.

I chose our New England/Canada cruise exactly because there were two or three port days and 1 sea day, then three more port days and 1 sea day. Unfortunately Celebrity changed the itinterary. We had a port day every day Northbound, and all 4 at sea days on the Southbound return. I want to tell you, I packed and repacked, read, played cards, shopped and took naps, until I was ready to climb the walls. By the time we reached Cape Liberty I was absolutely bonkers to get off that ship.

I don't do trivia contests, bingo is too expensive to play more than once, lectures remind me of school, and the art auctions are ridiculous. So I can't give you any advice on what to do during "sea days", other than to try and keep them to a minimum when you chose your itinerary.

Thank goodness there are lots of choices, that we can all be happy however we want to travel.

I had a friend who was going on a 10 day cruise with us (there were going to be 5 sea days) say that she was sure she would be bored. (Her first cruise, by the way). At the end of the cruise she said "Oh my gosh, I didn't get to do all things I wanted to, there just wasn't enough time on our sea days. And took a 32 day cruise that had 18 sea days and I still missed some things I wanted to do.

Archived