Do you hate sea days?

winncruiser

We LOVE sea days, too. If anything, they go by FAR too quickly. We take advantage of alot of the onboard activities (trivia, demonstrations, lectures, wine tasting); we read; we walk the promenade; go for a swim; we meet up with friends for coffee or drinks; we sit on the balcony and enjoy watching the ocean. Simple things....we just love them!

I love the sea because it reminds me of home and gives me respite between adventures in the new places I'm onboard to explore. The sea is my comfort from the other adjustments of being on a ship. I love meeting other passengers but the connection with home comes from the sea.

-Maris

I love sea days as it is time to relax and not have to rush to get off of the ship. There are so many activities to participate in if I want or I can just sit on my balcony and watch for sea life (have seen flying fish and lots of other life), eat, go to the gym, eat, obtain a massage, eat.. Walk and check out the ship for "hidden gems" get to know people.

I think there are a lot of things to either do or don't do and relax! It is vacation!

Love the sea days too. There's so much to do you have to make choices.

The gym. T pool (M class), library, sit at the pool and people watch, eat, attend a lecture, movie, concert, cooking demo, eat, scrapbooking class, trivia, eat, and probably lots more that ihave forgotten.

Do you hate days at sea or is it just me? I get so bored, HOT...what do you do?

NO! NO! NO!

NO! NO! NO!

NO! NO! NO!

DH and I NEVER EVER think we get enough sea days! We pick a beautiful ship to sail on and then there is never enough time to really see the ship! Sleep a little later, eat breakfast on our terrace or in the dining room with NO rushing to get ashore. We love to walk and explore the ship and never have enough time to 'really' see the whole ship. On my last cruise on Solstice I never even got to the lawn deck! The best treat in the whole world is to sit on our balcony (or find a quiet chair in the shade on the deck, if you do not have a balcony) and watch the sea. The motion, the colors, the fish, it is a beautiful seascape! We both love to sit and read! And there are so many wonderful places on the ship to do that! Then, of course, the ship always offers activities, tons of them, for those who have no imagination. THANK YOU CELEBRITY!!!! For NOT announcing them a hundred times a day. The daily paper lists tons of activities, IF you need to be told of group activities. There is a wonderful Library, Gym, PoolS, Computer classes, Language classes.

No wonder DH and I never find enough time for all we want to do.

PLEASE PLEASE take this as a kind suggestion; IF you are bored - you are not trying!

Though I LOVE sea days, I like port days even better. Then most of the passengers get off the ship and I can stay on and relax in peace and quiet w/o fighting chair hogs etc. Now THAT'S relaxing.

I couldn't agree more.. at first, I loved sea days, still do, however, after being to many of the same ports a few times now, I love spending a good part of the morning at the pool, practically have the place to myself.. then if I feel like it, I disembark after lunchtime, usually when most are coming back aboard. Sea days are great, but a port day, for me, is a different, quiet experience.

Whenever I get around to a Mediterranean cruise (never seen before ports of call), it will be an entirely different story! :p

Archived