Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Great photos. I love several of your maxi dresses and especially some of those evening bags. I'm forever on the hunt for great evening bags that don't break the bank. I do have a question for you. Did you make the adorable multi-colored wristlet strap? That little item caught my eye immediately as I am a light traveler when it comes to bags. An item like that would really jazz up a couple of my wristlets!

Greetings to all of the other CCF's. I have followed this thread since joining CC, but I am a infrequent poster on CC. I love that all of you enjoy fashion and the organized chaos known as cruise packing. I, too, love fashion as I have worked in retail management for nearly 20 years almost always in women's apparel. It's been a fun but challenging career choice. As all of you can imagine, I have an enormous wardrobe! :eek:

Cat, I just love your style and your love for color. :) Oh, and you are a very bad influence on me...I bought 3 new fancy clutches yesterday. :eek: I had better hop to it and build that accessory closet.

Lisa

Lisa, I am the same!

I cruise in less than 3 weeks, keep telling myself I'm done - come on here and all of a sudden I am awaiting the delivery of 2 more packages!

Great photos. I love several of your maxi dresses and especially some of those evening bags. I'm forever on the hunt for great evening bags that don't break the bank. I do have a question for you. Did you make the adorable multi-colored wristlet strap? That little item caught my eye immediately as I am a light traveler when it comes to bags. An item like that would really jazz up a couple of my wristlets!

Greetings to all of the other CCF's. I have followed this thread since joining CC, but I am a infrequent poster on CC. I love that all of you enjoy fashion and the organized chaos known as cruise packing. I, too, love fashion as I have worked in retail management for nearly 20 years almost always in women's apparel. It's been a fun but challenging career choice. As all of you can imagine, I have an enormous wardrobe! :eek:

--------------------

I got the multi coloured one from a craft store called Michaels and it was less than $5.00 :-) http://canada.michaels.com/

I bought the Old Navy navy sequined anchor tank and can't wait to wear it on our next cruise! We are cruising on Disney Dream and it is probably more "casual" than we are used to?? Love input from other Disney Cruise Fashionistas! We had decided many years ago we preferred 7 night or longer cruises, but this year for some reason we are breaking tradition! We did RCI Enchantment (4 night) in Jan and now Disney Dream a 3 night in July!:rolleyes:

Cat, I love your heart clutch and found them on ebay. My only problem is decided which colors. I love them all, but I don't need heart purses in 5 different colors. I love the yellow, but can't decide on a 2nd color.

Lisa

Hi Lisa

not sure how much on ebay but I got it a Ardene's ( in Canada) and the purses were 3 for $15 or 3 for $20... I know I got another one but I do not have the pic uploaded ... They all have chain straps that you can use if you want that are tucked inside the clutch

12762183304_5a6450600f_z.jpg

Blue and Purple purse by cat_in_cda, on Flickr

12761738935_91e7eaa1ba_z.jpg

Black Heart purse by cat_in_cda, on Flickr

10634904096_5ff3130dc7_z.jpg

28 by cat_in_cda, on Flickr

Edited by cat_in_cda

Holy Cow! What a great bunch of photos cat in cda and RedHeadedTexan!!

The evening bag craze is running rampant and I'm lovin' it:).

The crossbody is adorable, too, RHT!

AND cmego2: (Love your screen name!), We would love to see a photo of your closet!! Working in retail for a CCF has to be so rewarding - learning fashion first hand...and getting to see (and buy) the newest inventory.

I started The Packing Process today...but just barely. Caught a bit of a cold from DH and don't feel like trying on lots of outfits :eek: (hard to believe!!).

BUT - here are a couple photos. First you see some jewelry and my individual day activity sheets. Those will be written on, erased, and written again until the final decision for each outfit.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7896%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2766778483244ot1lsi

Next, a closer photo of the individual day activity sheets...

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv6%3C3%3C%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E276677847%3C244ot1lsi

Here's an example of how an outfit is put together. I want to wear the skirt all day in New Orleans...but don't know which top to choose. I'll try each one on (and ask DH for his opinion). That will also be an outfit worn to dinner on the cruise. I've never worn the brown cami and yellow Bolero, so I'm hoping that will be the best.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv98%3B4%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E2766778484244ot1lsi

Here's another view of the Cruise Room - jewelry out; and in the mirror you can see a dress that (will probably) be worn to our upscale NOLA restaurant for dinner the day we fly in.

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8%3C76%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E276677847%3B244ot1lsi

Edited by indiana71

This is the skirt (with tags still attached!) from Goodwill. Ironically, it's paired here with a sweater set purchased at Nordstrom for Cruise #1...the cost would have bought an entire rack from Goodwill...BUT, it has been worn many times.

Haven't chosen accessories yet...after seeing all the evening bags - gotta figure how to pack several and not go over the airline weight limit:rolleyes:. OOPS! See next post...forgot to paste the image....

Here's just a random photo. These are the products in my shower right now. The Clinique Body Wash and jar & bottle w/ blue label have to be more than 10 years old!! Found them in the back of a vanity drawer --the blue labeled ones smell like a Margarita and Clinique exfoliates like it was new;)!

232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7375%3Dot%3E2426%3D%3B55%3D657%3DXROQDF%3E276539642%3A244ot1lsi

Edited by indiana71

I wish I could see your pictures Indiana but work blocks the weirdest things. :(

I am loving the bag with the ship wheel on it! So cute. I just bought a pair of flip flops from old navy that would match that lol.

cn7691840.jpg

Bought myself a pair of boyfriend jeans while I was there too. I used to have so many pairs of jeans but realized recently I'm down to 3. I plan to wear the bf jeans & my flip flops on embarkation day. The weather should be warm but could be a bit breezy when we set sail. 70 days to go!

Edited by jenny105

I wish I could see your pictures Indiana but work blocks the weirdest things. :(

I am loving the bag with the ship wheel on it! So cute. I just bought a pair of flip flops from old navy that would match that lol.

cn7691840.jpg

Bought myself a pair of boyfriend jeans while I was there too. I used to have so many pairs of jeans but realized recently I'm down to 3. I plan to wear the bf jeans & my flip flops on embarkation day. The weather should be warm but could be a bit breezy when we set sail. 70 days to go!

The purse is a mud pie that I bought on eBay. Every few weeks I do a search for "nautical" on eBay and find some cute accessories. I love the flip flops! :)

Lisa

I really should not go to Dillard's during my lunch break. I left with 2 Kate Landry evening bags and a Jessica Simpson maxi dress. Here are the purses:

ImageUploadedByForums1393968905.661141.jpg.70717e3825a7b85da34e7a92544ddca2.jpg

I better get started on that closet.

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OMG! I haven't been to this thread in a few days and look at all the beautiful bags that Lisa has bought! I should show the DH all the pictures of handbags on this thread...he thinks I have too many! LOL!

Indiana 71, love your new things! Cat in cda...love your stuff too!

You ladies are awesome!:D

I'm waiting for the DS to come home from college for spring break. I'm going to take him shopping (he takes after me and loves clothes) and maybe, just maybe, I'll have to pick up a new handbag for me!:D

Keep the pictures coming, I love them. I'm going to have the DS teach me how to post pictures here when he comes home. I don't know how to do it. Then I can share some of my stuff too!

Edited by mousey

Thanks for the positive comments RE the 2 strapless dresses...they will have a good chance of making The Next Cruise; especially since we have 2 nights in NOLA before boarding the shipicon14.gif.

Mousey: I, too, love your cover-up and Capris style.

The cotton drawstring Capris are IMO, brilliant! Is there a website to go to, or do you buy them in a brick & mortar store?

Yes! Cruising is an addiction!! DH and I both have it:cool::). We aren't get-in-the-water, snorkeling types; but LOVE dipping our toes in the Caribbean and/or floating on a mat with the sun warming our cold northeastern US bodies:rolleyes:.

I got my cotton drawstring capri pants at a place called...I think it was Cotton Connection...I'm not sure...I'll have to pull them out and check the label. They're located in outlets. I got some when I went to visit my SIL in Reboboth Beach, DE and at the outlet in Lake Arrowhead when the DH, DS, and I were skiing. I've had them for years. Whenever I see drawstring capri in my size, I grab them up because they are great for cruises toward the end when you want to be comfortable after eating like 1,000 Chocolate Melting Cakes.:eek:

By the way ladies...the new swimsuits and cover-ups are in stores now! I got one a couple of weeks ago at Marshall's. It's a flower print strapless but it also has a strap that you can attach to it. It's so girly and feminine. Love it!

Edited by mousey

Hello!

I've been stalking this thread for about two weeks (that's how long it took me to get through the whole thing!) and now I can finally say hello :p

I am not your typical CCF because I am not super in to shoes, purses, makeup, etc....but I still love to get dressed up and dress nice on vacation. I don't have a lot of opportunity to wear cute dresses on a regular basis, so our cruise is a great excuse!

We are going to Hawaii in May to celebrate our fifth anniversary. I've been shopping for stuff for awhile and still have quite a few things I want to get. The problem I am having is that I would have to drive two hours away to be able to shop at anything other than Wal-Mart, so I've been trying to order stuff online--and have sent lots of things back!!! Might have to plan a special shopping trip when the weather gets nicer :rolleyes:

Hubby did buy me a cute white dress with a cherry print on it for Valentine's Day since I told him I've always wanted a 40's style, cherry print dress. I can't wait to take it on our cruise!

My DH thinks I'm crazy for already planning what I'm going to pack...of course, he'll probably pack the day before we leave!