Marina - Inside Cabins???

FrankLasVegas

Hello All:

I have an "F" GTY on the Dec. 10 Marina.

Wondering if anyone has seen/been in one yet and could share your impressions.

I also realize no tub - which is fine by me but wonder since the description indicates the shower is nice size if it is in fact any larger than the ones in the baths with tubs that people seem disappointed in.

Thank for any input!

Frank,

'My husband and I have booked an inside cabin for April 26th Marina cruise from Rome to Venice. I will post my impression of the inside room when we return. We have never had an inside room so I am wondering how it will be. We will be in port every day so I did not think that we would use a balcony on this trip. I hope we do get some post on this question soon.

I always do a balcony - it was purely economics in this instance. I decided that on the ship in an inside was better than not being on the ship!

Hopefully someone on the first couple of voyages or that maybe toured some cabins will be able to provide us with some info.

Thanks!

I always do a balcony - it was purely economics in this instance. I decided that on the ship in an inside was better than not being on the ship!

I agree!!! An inside cabin on Marina is better than no cabin at all! :D This cat F cabin looks gorgeous to me.

m-staterooms-ship-f.png

Wonderful sanctuaries unto their own, these 174-square-foot staterooms boast beautiful designs and handsome furnishings that add to the serenity. Highlights include an oversized bathroom resplendent with marble and granite, and thoughtful touches such as a refrigerated mini-bar, vanity desk, breakfast table and a choice of a queen-size or two twin beds.

Stateroom Amenities

• Tranquility BedSM, an Oceania Cruises Exclusive, with 700-Thread-Count Linens
  • Refrigerated Mini-Bar with Free and Unlimited Soft Drinks and Bottled Water Replenished Daily
  • Spacious Stall Shower
  • Complimentary and Extensive 24-Hour Room Service
  • Signature Chocolates with Nightly Turndown Service
  • Thick Cotton Robes and Slippers
  • French-Milled Toiletries
  • LCD Flat-Screen Television
  • Grohe Handheld Shower Head
  • Security Safe
  • Handheld Hair Dryer
  • Direct Dial Satellite Phone and Cellular Service
  • 110/220 Volt Outlets

Frank,

'My husband and I have booked an inside cabin for April 26th Marina cruise from Rome to Venice. I will post my impression of the inside room when we return. We have never had an inside room so I am wondering how it will be. We will be in port every day so I did not think that we would use a balcony on this trip. I hope we do get some post on this question soon.

I was just reading about "upsell". Maybe you will get an offer or maybe just a free upgrade. If not, you can come use my balcony! I think this will be an exciting trip.

Deb:)

Hey Claudia...

Shower would be nice to have!!!

The 3D of the cabin on the Oceania site shows it more like standard cruise cabin rectangular shower. Tub means nothing to me so just trying to find if the shower is larger than in the cabins with tub and separate shower (which people are saying is still small).

I have a "F" GTY so might wind up in higher category that has the tub & shower stall and then it is what it is!

Frank

People who sail Oceania tend to book the first day bookings open up

The insides & suites go first

Many people book way in advance but things change & cancellations occur before final payment date (usually)

If you are W/L or have GTY they do their best to clear the list as soon as they can

Do not worry you will be on the cruise

Lyn

We sailed on the Maiden Voyage and booked a GTY inside.....about two months prior we were offered a balcony for $500/pp additional......about four weeks prior we were assigned a handicap inside......then lo and behold.....about a week prior we were upgraded to a balcony.

While on board, I did get to see the handicap room...It was larger than the standard inside but all the room was taken by the bathroom.....It had lots of rails - a very large shower with a seat - but only a nylon shower curtain - It was not a stall.

I did not hear of anyone being in the inside cabins - but there were lots of workers and visitors on board - and some rooms were not yet completed.

I agree - better to be on board inside than not at all....

Hope you are surprised with an upgrade - but there is nothing to dislike about the Marina....

Hope you are surprised with an upgrade - but there is nothing to dislike about the Marina....

I can't agree with you more. It is a beautiful ship..very elegant and nicely decorated.

We also booked an OV for the maiden voyage, turned down a $$ upsell, then were eventually upgraded to a balcony.

We heard that the workers were assigned to the Insides.

Hopefully someone on the Inaugural cruise, or beyond, can let us know what the Inside cabins are like.

Joyce :D

I had a chance to visit the Marina yesterday in San Francisco and happened to take a picture of inside cabin #10038 and Wheelchair Accessible inside cabin #10046. I think I have attached the photos! I didn't get a photo of the bathroom in 10038 but I did notice the shower seemed a little bigger than the showers in the other "R" ships. The first photo is 10038 the next two are of 10046.

Inside-10038.jpg.730b83111f98c98e1091391bd9507f1c.jpg

1586360845_WhChrAcc-10046.jpg.22e7a8ebd8e9c3feb72d7eb1767d3604.jpg

10046-Bathroom.jpg.8a95181565e981693fe4f26fb556bba6.jpg

I also thank you for the photos. I have to say as a claustrophobic I couldn't imagine being in an inside cabin. I don't HAVE to have a veranda (although that is nice) but no windows would probably have me climbing the walls.

But these rooms look lovely.

As an aside, I always thought I was the only one in the family who has a problem with claustrophobia (not major, it just IS) ... and when my father died 20 years I discovered that he, too, was claustrophobic.

And now I find out from my sister that my 93 year old mother is also claustrophobic!

Do you think it's genetic?

Frank,

The ship is beautiful! They've done a wonderful job with her. You won't be disappointed. We had a chance to see a number of the different categories of cabins, the public areas and had lunch in the Grand Dining Room. The suites are fantastic.

I have attached a few more photos for you to look at.

Kim

Pool-1.jpg.6cebe6c89da480675c97da3684209490.jpg

Pool-2.jpg.8d7e8a3b8998fb3f43ed7d54325cbb92.jpg

1599647883_TerraceCafe.jpg.3fe87cbd3eef465ed12c2b21024fafb4.jpg

1388829714_CanyonRanch.jpg.c6597cf6a6fc547927800d1af2802628.jpg

Frank,

The ship is beautiful! They've done a wonderful job with her. You won't be disappointed. We had a chance to see a number of the different categories of cabins, the public areas and had lunch in the Grand Dining Room. The suites are fantastic.

I have attached a few more photos for you to look at.

Kim

Thanks Kim. I am starting to get more excited about our trip on May 16th. I just have to survive to the end of the teaching term. Rough set of classes for the first time in years.

Archived