8 night cruises

MrZoey

Just got back from an 8 night on Liberty....hands down my favorite cruise, and part of the reason was the length of time. I thought the extra night was a real plus.. makes me bummed out that there doesn't seem to be anymore available! DH didn't have to miss more work than a 7 night. Does anyone know why they aren't offering this length of cruise anymore?:(

We did the 8 nighter on Independence last year and also really enjoyed the extra day. The extra day seemed to make such a difference. Unfortunately, I think RCI is trying to limit options out of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami to force people onto Oasis and Allure.

we love eight day cruises especially fri-sat or sat-sun

If it has 2 sea days at the end even bigger bonus

One of the things I miss about carnival is their 8day itineraries out of FLL

Liberty's 8 night itinerary is ending very shortly.

Yes sadly:( it is ending but hope RCI will see their mistake in forcing us onto Oasis/Allure and not even offering an 8 nighter on either of these, which could easily be done...Luckily:) we are going to be on the last 8 nighter (even if it is out of Miami) Liberty March 19th :D..

Yes sadly:( it is ending but hope RCI will see their mistake in forcing us onto Oasis/Allure and not even offering an 8 nighter on either of these, which could easily be done...Luckily:) we are going to be on the last 8 nighter (even if it is out of Miami) Liberty March 19th :D..

I kind of feel the same way, that we are being forced to cruise on the Oasis or Allure:(. We are trying to find a cruise for next year, and seem to have limited choices (even with the 7 night). Not that the "big girls" are a bad choice, just not that great of a choice for us!:rolleyes: Enjoy the Liberty, we just loved her!

I kind of feel the same way, that we are being forced to cruise on the Oasis or Allure:(. We are trying to find a cruise for next year, and seem to have limited choices (even with the 7 night). Not that the "big girls" are a bad choice, just not that great of a choice for us!:rolleyes: Enjoy the Liberty, we just loved her!

Have you ever given Adventure out of San Juan any thought? It is a great ship with awesome iteneraries. Unfortunately, they are not 8 nighters though.

Have you ever given Adventure out of San Juan any thought? It is a great ship with awesome iteneraries. Unfortunately, they are not 8 nighters though.

Just priced airfare.....$600 per person more flying to SJ (and we love SJ:o)

Does anyone know why they aren't offering this length of cruise anymore?:(

Well, just a guess. But in order to do 8 night cruises, they have to balance that out with 6 night cruises. And those are bad for all the same reasons the 8 nighter is good. Pretty much the same expenses, need to take the same amount of time off work, but get a MUCH shorter experience.

8 nighters are kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Well, just a guess. But in order to do 8 night cruises, they have to balance that out with 6 night cruises. And those are bad for all the same reasons the 8 nighter is good. Pretty much the same expenses, need to take the same amount of time off work, but get a MUCH shorter experience.

8 nighters are kind of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

But many people like the six nighters because you have a day before the cruise for traveling or precruise stay and a day after for the same. Not as hecktic starting and ending your vacation if you have to work the Friday before and Monday after. I guess its just what is important to you.

Just priced airfare.....$600 per person more flying to SJ (and we love SJ:o)

There have been years when, depending on when I booked, I was actually able to get better fares to San Juan than to Ft. Lauderdale. Also, with Southwest being in the process of acquiring Air Tran, unless something screws it up, they should be flying to San Juan in the relatively near future which may greatly affect the pricing structure.

we have been on mostly 7 day trips and 1 10 day trip on the late great nordic prince...and 10 days was FANTASTIC...i was wondering if i would notice any difference between the 7day and the 8 day and if it would really be noticeable...

we have been on mostly 7 day trips and 1 10 day trip on the late great nordic prince...and 10 days was FANTASTIC...i was wondering if i would notice any difference between the 7day and the 8 day and if it would really be noticeable...

If you have done 10 nighters then maybe an 8 nighter would not seem so great to you. But after having done 7 nighters I noticed a big difference with last years 8 nighter on Independence. The extra day was great and a very noticeable change.

Just got back from an 8 night on Liberty....hands down my favorite cruise, and part of the reason was the length of time. I thought the extra night was a real plus.. makes me bummed out that there doesn't seem to be anymore available! DH didn't have to miss more work than a 7 night. Does anyone know why they aren't offering this length of cruise anymore?:(

We were on the last 14 night cruise on Explorer in January and heard that the 14 and eventually the 12 night cruises will no longer be offered. When we asked why at a session of the "Captain's Corner", the answer was that it was not cost effective. And now that they have to pay for Allure and Oasis, what better way to force people to sail with the larger ships?

That's too bad because we like Royal Caribbean but our priority is to select a cruise with 12 days or more.

Archived