Oasis/Allure outdoor dining

teese

We're trying to decide on the next cruise and we've decided on one of these two ships. One thing we've always loved is dining outside with a view of the ocean, that's why we loved lunch or breakfast in the WJ on the JOS's so much. Are there any dedicated dining spaces (not a lounge chair you eat in next to the pool) where you have a view of the ocean on this class? I've used the search function and haven't found a anything about this. Thanks for any help.

I was on Oasis in Dec. 09 and the only place I can remember that even resembles outdoor eating with a water view would be up on the top deck just outside the Wipeout cafe. The aft outdoor eating areas on the Radiance class ships is one of my favorite things and Oasis did not have anything really like it. There are also places to eat on the boardwalk that you can see the water past the aquatheater but, again, not really like the idealistic setting on the Radiance class.

The Allure had an outdoor area of about a dozen tables & chairs on deck 15 in between the pools & the sports zone on the starboard side so you'd have bring your food there from WJ or up from the Park Cafe. No one was ever there so there was always a seat - used this one morning to eat breakfast by the sea!

They didn't have this on the Oasis and for the life of me can't remember if there was anything else in that area - maybe just deck chairs??...

The Allure had an outdoor area of about a dozen tables & chairs on deck 15 in between the pools & the sports zone on the starboard side so you'd have bring your food there from WJ or up from the Park Cafe. No one was ever there so there was always a seat - used this one morning to eat breakfast by the sea!

Thanks, sounds promising.

I really don't understand why they can't incorporate more outdoor dining areas into these huge ships....dining al fresco is soooo nice! I think that is my favorite part of the Radiance class ships.

There are several outdoor eating opportunities on the Oasis/Allure, to respond to your post.

They are, however, in Central Park, so they do not meet the OP's requirement of an ocean view.

Solarium café might afford a glimpse of the water.

M

Yep, there's a glimpse. You just have to be ready for the occasional scantily-clad sun bather passing by, it's not a perfect view of the sea but not bad.:)

IMGP2474.jpg

A few times on Oasis I would grab lunch from the Wipe Out Cafe; walk to the the Wipe Out Bar and would eat there. The Wipe Out Bar IMO had one of the nicest views of the sea on the ship and rarely crowded. Plus, it was fun being able to watch people wipeout the flowriders.

Thanks for the pic of the solarium and the hint about the flowrider area. I was wondering about the flowrider bar as it seemed from the deck plans a promising spot. Just needed to here from someone who'd done it. I'm sure to put that solaruim to use. Very promising.

We're trying to decide on the next cruise and we've decided on one of these two ships. One thing we've always loved is dining outside with a view of the ocean, that's why we loved lunch or breakfast in the WJ on the JOS's so much. Are there any dedicated dining spaces (not a lounge chair you eat in next to the pool) where you have a view of the ocean on this class? I've used the search function and haven't found a anything about this. Thanks for any help.

On the Oasis you'll get a glimpse of the Ocean from the Solarium Cafe and The Seafood Shack and Johnny Rocket on the Boardwalk. If you enjoy foliage and greenery I deeply recommend all of the restaurants surrounding Central ParK. It is like eating in a city park.

We ate at Giovanni's ($15 pp) and Chops Grille ($25 pp.)

Archived